To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Tired of a boring sandwich? Add chickpeas, reserving 12 for a garnish. Roasted Garlic Hummus Tea Sandwiches pictured with Beet and Apple Tea Sandwiches. It’s actually more of a concept than a recipe, because all of the ingredients are completely optional and interchangeable. (Let come to room temperature before using.). Healthy Finger Food Recipes Cucumber Hummus Sandwiches Cucumber Hummus Sandwiches. Grandma's comfort foods remind of us simpler, happier times and make us feel better—even if only for a little while. Thank you! Read More…. Bread – A nutritious whole grain bread (or gluten-free) is the foundation of any sandwich. Hummus even freezes well in an airtight container for up to 6-8 months. Remove garlic, and let cool slightly. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so … Cucumber tea sandwiches get a low-carb makeover when you skip the bread and add high-protein hummus. Starting a new way of life and health is like beginning a journey, so it's helpful to have a map. A full list of ingredients, measurements, instructions, and a print button can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page. Toast 6 to 8 slices of whole grain or gluten-free bread and spread desired amount of Sabra's Garlic Herb spread over each piece. Cover with damp paper towels, and let bread thaw completely (approximately 15 … This is a new adventure to a whole food plant based diet, and I was completely unprepared for all the changes when I began a few years ago, so I'm determined to make it easier for those who come after me with this Plant-Based Diet Grocery List. Using a mandoline set to a ⅛-inch thickness, cut cucumber into 6 long strips. Mediterranean Finger Sandwiches Makes 30 finger sandwiches 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced Salt 6-8 tablespoons of your favorite garlic hummus 10 medium slices firm textured wheat bread … Offers may be subject to change without notice. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Veggies of choice including: lettuce, tomato, onions, avocados slices, bell peppers, pickles, bean sprouts, black olives, banana peppers, jalapenos, anything else you can think of. It should give you lots of inspiration for hummus sandwich ideas! 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. You will notice in the video for this veggie hummus sandwich recipe that I use two different kinds of hummus. Process together until powdery clumps form, approximately 1 minute. 47 calories; protein 2g 4% DV; carbohydrates 5g 2% DV; dietary fiber 2g 8% DV; sugars 1g; fat 2g 3% DV; sodium 89mg 4% DV. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Just Like Grandma Used to Make: Why We're Craving Grandma's Cooking Now More Than Ever, How to Make Those Viral Hot Chocolate Bombs at Home. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Spread – Hummus is one of the very best spread options for a sandwich, in my opinion, and there are so many varieties to choose from. Just before serving, garnish top of each sandwich with a small dollop of hummus and a reserved chickpea, if desired. You can do the same or use only one kind if preferred. Seal foil to form a pouch, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast in oven until garlic is soft, 20 to 25 minutes. This vegan hummus avocado sandwich is super healthy and easily customizable. Terri Edwards is the blogger behind EatPlant-Based, a licensed Food for Life instructor with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and a plant-based writer and speaker. Transfer hummus to an airtight container, and refrigerate until needed, up to 3 days. Please rate and leave a comment because I love hearing from you. This vegan hummus avocado sandwich is super healthy and easily customizable. Place cucumber strips on paper towels, patting to absorb excess liquid. However, there is also the option to use wraps or even large green leaves like romaine or collard greens. Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today! It’s best to freeze hummus in small portions to make defrosting quicker and to have handy small amounts to eat in one sitting on your hummus veggie sandwiches. Cover with damp paper towels, and let bread thaw completely (approximately 15 minutes) before serving, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for up to an hour until serving time. Also, check out my Best Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich. They’re also terrific for on-the-go lunches to take to work, school, or picnics. Layer the greens, avocado, red onion, tomato and mashed … Wrap a cucumber slice around each sandwich, using additional hummus to “glue” ends in place, if necessary. These Roasted Garlic Hummus Tea Sandwiches are a delicious light bite for teatime. Check out my Hummus Recipes Page. Darjeeling-Poached Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Sweet Inspiration: Ten Thanksgiving Desserts, 6 slices Dave’s Killer Bread Thin-Sliced White Bread, frozen. Scrape sides of bowl. Peel garlic and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Veggies – This list can be long or short, but some of my personal favorite veggies for sandwiches include spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, onion, carrots, bell peppers, bean sprouts, black olives, pickles, banana peppers, avocado, and so much more. Cut cucumber into 8-inch-long pieces. Info. Rating: Unrated Ratings. What is a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet (WFPB)? You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Seasonings – These would include salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and dressings like the ones on my Dressings Page. Thawing can take longer depending on how much is in your container. It’s actually more of a concept than a recipe, because all of the ingredients are completely optional and interchangeable. It should give you lots of inspiration for hummus sandwich ideas! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. “Terri Edwards is the ideal nutrition speaker! 10 slice (blank)s round slices English cucumber, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Continue processing until an even consistency is reached. Jump on the latest food trend with our step-by-step guide to making hot chocolate bombs. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, or any spice desired. Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 4 circles from each frozen bread slice. Add lemon juice, tahini, extra-virgin olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Home » Recipes » Sandwiches & Spreads » Ultimate Veggie Hummus Sandwich, Posted on Published: June 24, 2019 By: Author Terri Edwards, Categories 30-Minute or Less Recipes / Hummus Recipes / Sandwiches & Spreads. It takes at least a few hours to thaw until it’s ready to eat. Also, check out my Best Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich. Lightly drizzle with pure olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Some of my favorite varieties of healthy oil-free hummus to use are: Homemade oil-free hummus has some impressive nutritional benefits. Read my full disclosure here. Using a chef’s knife, cut each cucumber strip in half lengthwise. Nutrition There is a link to a PDF copy of this list below. She combines her personal journey with her new passion to create a compelling story that is sure to captivate any audience.”-The Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, SC, Copyright © 2020 • Privacy Policy • Legal Disclaimer • Contact | The Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, 365 Everyday Value, Garbanzo Beans No Salt Added, 15.5 Ounce, Oil-Free Vegan Salad Dressing | Tangy Tomato. With processor running, gradually add ¼ cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth and creamy. Remember SHARING IS CARING! Place garlic on a small piece of foil. Smoked Tempeh Sandwich (TLT)/ Tempeh Lettuce Tomato, 2 slices whole grain bread (or gluten-free). Tired of a boring sandwich? Wrap a cucumber slice around each sandwich, using additional hummus to “glue” ends in place, if necessary. Spread approximately ½ tablespoon hummus onto 12 bread circles and top each with a remaining bread circle. Detailed instructions, in-process photos, and my personal helpful tips can be found in the article above. Here is some guidance from a registered dietitian on foods and drinks that may help you feel just a little bit better if you get sick with COVID-19. Let me help you fix that with this Ultimate Veggie Hummus Sandwich that is piled high with crunchy vegetables and creamy hummus and can be ready in 15 minutes or less. I absolutely LOVE sandwiches, because they are layers of colorful healthy deliciousness! Here's why we should all lean in harder and embrace our comfort-food cravings. This hummus lasts approximately 7-10 days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Let me help you fix that with this Ultimate Veggie & Hummus Sandwich that is piled high with crunchy vegetables and creamy hummus and can be ready in 15 minutes or less. They are perfect for easy dinners that don’t require any cooking on busy or hot days. Spread 1 teaspoon hummus on a cucumber slice and top with a second cucumber slice. The day before you want to eat it, move the hummus container from the freezer to the refrigerator. What Should You Eat If You Come Down with Coronavirus? Repeat to make 5 sandwiches. All Right Reserved. One cup of a basic healthy hummus has: This post may contain affiliate links.