Follow her at: Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest. You could also mix in some cooked corn kernels or sautéed bell pepper. https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/recipe-huevos-rancheros-casserole Additionally, if you like your eggs scrambled or cooked thoroughly, you could top with your eggs of choice. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, then reduce the heat slightly, cover and keep at a simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the rice is tender, making sure to stir occasionally. But it is more challenging to dish up. Thanks! Top with remaining tortillas and spread with last cup of salsa and remaining cheese. Breakfast casseroles ROCK! Remove from oven and spoon half the sauce over the tortillas and cover with a layer of cheese. The next layer is Pati’s rustic ranchero salsa. Remove and top with your toppings of choice. Thank you. I'm Yvette. This dish has all the greatness of Huevos Rancheros but it brings the flavors to you in a quick and easy bake that you can slice and serve for a crowd. Remove the sauce and bean mixture and reserve. One, when weekdays become more hectic, weekends … Huevos Rancheros – or rancher’s eggs – are an ideal breakfast because they basically take something reminiscent of tacos and make it morning fare. Signing up for our newsletter means you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. If you’ve never tried this, it’s definitely a fun way to shake things up at night. Use the spoon and your fingers to create these wells, making them about 1 inch deep. A butterfly? Maybe make a double batch. With a large spoon or spatula, cut the eggs into 8 portions or arrange them as you cook them in batches and, trying not to break the yolks, place each one on top of a folded slice of meat. I'm Mike, your chilihead friend who LOVES good food. Repeat layers. I’m happy for him, and this is of course the way things should unfold as kids grow up and start their independent lives, but right now I’m cooking as fast as I can. Rating: 5 1 (1) Questions; Difficulty: Easy; Tags: Brunch, southern twist. Please use the RocketLauncher to install an equivalent of the demo, all images will be replaced with sample images. I’m a native Texan, born and raised in El Paso. So, as the less structured days of summer morph into more of a routine, I’m very much wanting to make meals that we can spend a bit of time enjoying together, and take less of my time in the kitchen. Combine the enchilada sauce with the cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Arrange half of the beans and a third of the cheese on top. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking … Preheat a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes with ¼ cup canola oil. Eggs (huevos), sure pretty breakfast-ey, but then Zatarain’s Black Beans and Rice Mix (more protein! Remove the lid and fluff with a fork, and set aside. … and then everything bakes until the tortillas have softened, the salsa and beans are bubbly, the cheesy is nice and ooey-gooey, and the eggs are just set. Let me know how it turns out for you! As they are cooked, transfer them to paper towels. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs set. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. https://www.alaskafromscratch.com/2012/06/25/huevos-rancheros-casserole https://www.food.com/recipe/huevos-rancheros-casserole-274831 This Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole can come into play in two ways (probably more, but two I am thinking of at this moment). Let cool 2-3 minutes before serving. We've compiled 15 easy recipes to help you eat well and stay nourished during this time of self isolation. Sprinkle with salt to taste. They will crisp up while baking. Say what? Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Using the same pan (or use a lightly oiled large baking dish or casserole dish), layer 5 corn tortillas onto the bottom. It’s Huevos Rancheros Casserole. I used chili flakes, sliced avocado, sliced serranos, chopped fresh herbs, crumbly white cheese. the key is to rlly dig in with the spoon and your fingers to create a well wide and deep enough to hold the eggs without their white spreading over the surface. serrano chili or jalapeno (remove seeds and ribs for milder sauce), 2 Sprinkle with cheese. … and then add a layer of beans and a layer of shredded cheese. This Huevos Rancheros Bake is the perfect brunch recipe. As far as I’m concerned, tortillas and salsa are great together any time of day and some runny eggs, hearty beans, and a little cheese only improve the situation. All demo content is for sample purposes only, intended to represent a live site. Your email address will not be published. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs set. Place the Black Beans and Rice Mix in a medium-sized saucepan with 2 1/2 cups water and the butter. As you can see, the cheese melted, bubbled, and browned wonderfully. Ask away! Your email address will not be published. Create 8 shallow wells with the back of the spoon and gently break an egg in each well. https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipes/huevos-rancheros-casserole — Mike H. Hi, Everyone! Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. It’s an awesome breakfast or brunch! This huevos rancheros casserole recipe takes everything great about classic huevos rancheros and brings it all together in a single pan. Another great salsa option would be salsa casera. Repeat with 5 more corn tortillas, then sauce and bean mixture, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Is it just awesome! And gorgeous, right? Never again will you worry about what breakfast to make when company comes to town when you have this recipe in your back pocket. cups I hope you enjoy my huevos rancheros casserole recipe. Garnish with chopped cilantro. monterey jack cheese, shredded. Muy Buenoamazon / spanish edition If you don’t have any of them, just leave them out, and you will still have a super flavorful huevos rancheros casserole. Refried beans make a delicious foundation. Store-bought refried beans and salsa will work too, but homemade is obviously preferred. Three “Real Food” Staples That Aren’t What You Think. Layer half the tortillas in the bottom of the prepared pan, overlapping them to cover the bottom of the pan.