Cook for another couple of minutes, then stir in 100g crème frâiche, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp capers and a small bunch of chopped tarragon. Beer 52 exclusive offer: Get a free case of craft beer worth £24. fresh ground pepper and whatever other spices jumps out at me from the rack. Ready in… 15 mins This is my new GO TO SAUCE. Leave to cook for another 10 mins over a high heat, or until the sauce has reduced by half again. Stir to combine and let simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. of Kosher salt, 1 tsp. Ready in… 20 mins Cook for around 5 mins, or until glossy and thick, stirring all the time. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Do not omit. Ready in… 20 mins The secret ingredient is a bit of anchovy and some anchovy oil. Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home! We’d love to hear your ideas for steak accompaniments, too…, Subscription offer: save 44% and receive a brand-new cookbook. I love these kinds of sneaky adds. See our classic recipe for red wine sauce. While new cooks can be intimidated making a homemade meat sauce, opting for the jarred variety, but I’m here to tell you it’s easy, my babies. You can, and I did for many years, as I learned to cook and expanded my kitchen skills. A simple and delicious meat sauce recipe! Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can do a rough chop – no perfect dicing necessary. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Add minced garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more, being careful not to burn. I'm adding to my grocery list to try, Gina! YAY! Season to taste and serve. 1: The sugar is used to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. Drain and rinse ½ a can black beans and put into a food processor. Season and reduce, then stir in 4 tbsp double cream. One of my fav cooks to watch is Lydia Bastianich. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. Fry for 5 mins, or until golden, then stir in 1 crushed garlic clove and 2 tbsp brandy. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? The sugar is minimal, and is used to cut the acidity - and you're right: to each his own! Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. THAT'S ITALIAN as my mother-in-law use to say, she was a super cook. Put 250ml beef stock into a saucepan and reduce by half. Simmer for 1 or 2 mins until the sauce is slightly thickened. Ready in… 25 mins If you want to try making Béarnaise and hollandaise sauces the traditional French way, you may find our video guide helpful: Ready in… 25 mins Our guide to cooking the perfect steak is one of our most popular, whatever day of the year. Mix 2 tbsp Dijon mustard with 100g crème frâiche in a saucepan and heat gently until simmering. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 2-3 mins until simmering, then season and serve. Then try our go-to menu. All these sauces serve two people. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. That looks delightful! Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. Adapt to your family’s tastes and you can’t go wrong. I also like to add my own oregano. All Rights Reserved. You don’t not want to see any pink when it’s done. We also have a 10-minute version, made with green chilli. Add tomatoes and juice, breaking up tomatoes. Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Cook until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve. This meat sauce has slow-cooked flavor (without requiring hours at the stove). Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Season to taste, then serve. Cook for around 5 mins, or until slightly thickened. Onions are a given for all seasons! Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Ready in… 10 minutes To add to the recipe ideas we already have on our site, we asked our cookery team to create 10 sauces that are ready in 25 minutes …