It may take a couple minutes for the upgrade to complete. Step 4: Click on the Tools tab on the top and then click on Firmware on the left side. Internet is only required to download the firmware file. 60-day Complete Satisfaction Guarantee | You can follow these easy steps for more on How to log into a router. Copyright © 2020 Afrihost | Step 1: Download the latest firmware for your DIR Series router at http://www.dlink.com. Find and click your router in the list. Note: Internet is not required to access your routers configuration interface. Note: If you have lost your login password, you will need to reset the router to factory default settings. Step 5: Highlight the file by clicking on it once and then click on Open. Note: Some firmware upgrades revert all settings back to factory default settings. How do I upgrade the firmware on my router? Terms and Conditions | By default, the username is admin and there is no password. This process is more complex than via an internet connection. Select the ‘TOOLS’ tab from the menu at the top of the page. Step 1: Download the latest firmware for your DIR Series router at http://www.dlink.com. Click on Continue when it appears. How do I check what the latest firmware version is for my router? Click Login. If so, please extract the .bin file using the built in Windows extractor or using Winzip/WinRar. Under the ‘System’ section, select ‘Firmware Update’. How do I check what firmware version my router has? If there is an update available, select ‘UPDATE FIRMWARE’. Step 3: The default username is Admin and the password is blank (nothing). Internet is only required to download the firmware file. 1 Download D-link Router's Firmware Go to a computer that is connected to the router. Open your internet … Below are the steps to update the original D-Link 825 router’s firmware :. Step 6: Click on Upload to upgrade firmware. IMPORTANT! If this happens, you may need to reconfigure your wireless/internet settings. Click here for reset instructions- How do I reset my router? Yes, as most routers have a built-in ‘up-date checker’ feature. There you will see your routers firmware information. Note: For Videotron customers who have the DIR-825VT, please check with your Internet Provider for firmware updates. Privacy Policy | Under Firmware Upgrade click on the Browse button and browse to the .bin file you previously downloaded in Step 1. You should be taken to a D-Link login page. Do not unplug, power off, or otherwise disrupt the router while the firmware is being upgraded. Your router firmware has now successfully updated. *Standard call rates. Note: This downloaded firmware file cannot be opened  or run on your computer.