I make vegan recipe videos aimed at making vegan cooking simple, fun and tasty AF! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I pressed it into patties and steamed them and... they came out great! Most of the simmered recipes I tried turned out spongy which is really yucky! Dying to figure out why. This is the ingredient that will help give your tofu a chicken-like flavor. I saw this recipe for Seitan Tenders and thought is was worth a try to replicate a 30 year family tradition. These were soooooo good! I actually had to use firm tofu and still was great. Cover and steam at a simmer for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through so they steam evenly. I followed your directions and when all was done I thought, huh? Enjoy! I wouldn't recommend it for this recipe as the texture is key. So much so that I was worried it wouldn't hold together while moving to the steamer. I made these yesterday and the flavour was great but they were very chewy and a bit tough. Or does it matter? After the popularity of my Vegan Seitan Steak, which ended up being one of the top 10 recipes of 2018, I wanted to start this year off with an exciting follow-up recipe. When working with VWG, I have found that giving the weight vs. volume insures best results for all. So happy you loved them, Jo! Tofu is low in fat, calories, sodium and cholesterol, so you can eat comfort staples such as fried “chicken” tenders, nuggets and more, sans the guilt! Mine looks weird at first but I just let it whizz around and then all of a sudden it starts magically coming together. Tofu gets a bad rap for being bland or boring. Tofu can be smoky, spicy, tender, or with a crunch. This is now my all time favorite chicken seitan recipe!! Thanks Sam - you are so amazing and smart! Tried it today. They will double in size. P.S. Just throw the tofu in a large bowl so it can collect any extra liquid as it defrosts. Love it! Thank you, Denise! Not-Chick’n Edward & Sons Bouillon Cubes are both crucial and transformative in this recipe. You can but honestly it comes out a little ‘withered’ and brittle after having cooked it and then reheated it. Hello! You can freeze them once they are cooled. Place the tofu pieces in a bowl and sprinkle lightly with soy sauce. And they freeze really well. Hi Jodi, it’s listed in the recipe. I even had a backup dinner planned for when I inevitably failed at these tenders. Nutrition I have been making seitan for years now and haven’t ever thought of this. I made the steak last night....absolutely fantastic! Whether you’re a plant-based eater, or just want to eat a little more green – my blog’s here for you. I have just made a batch of these for my son and we fried off half of one to try it out as it is, without any marinade - it is without question the easiest and quickest Seitan recipe I have followed so far and it tastes delicious - as a non-vegan I can say that it really does taste like chicken and it even has the same texture. Not-Chick’n Edward & Sons Bouillon Cubes are both crucial and transformative in this recipe. Unfortunately, no. I liked that the recipe was so easy, just put everything in processor! These are great! Thanks for all the work that went into this recipe. But this yields inconsistent (but still always delicious) results in texture. I’ve been making seitan using post punk kitchen recipes for years. Thanks, Suzy! Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Difficult to know without being in the kitchen with you. I love this recipe and sometimes use it to make chicken nuggets. I don't know much about low humidity cooking, but it sounds like it was more likely an error in measuring. I chopped them up in chunks along with some veggies and made kabobs. I now made them in nuggets shape/size, and will enjoy them with your BBQ sauce from your cookbook.... thank you Sam for your passion and hard work ❤️, Aww you're most welcome, Hedwig! I just made these today using the Instant pot - I tried half of the batch steaming them for 20 minutes using the "steam" function, and the other half using high pressure on manual for 3 minutes then letting the pressure come down on its own before opening.