With swirls of tender vanilla and fudgy chocolate cake, this marble looks fancy but tastes like pure old-fashioned goodness, and it appeals to kids and grown-ups alike. The cake was dry and tasted flat. Hope that helps and that you enjoy! Hi Rachel, I’ve never tried it, but I suppose it would work. Was it the combination of less fat in the buttermilk and the extra cooking time? Your Marble Cake looks excellent as well, although I have yet to give it a try. I’ve updated the recipe to make it more clear. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Delicious! I don’t think the low-fat buttermilk would cause an issue (I use it, too). Spoon half of the remaining vanilla batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Would it work in this tin? I left out the glaze at the end and the cake turned out fluffy, moist and absolutely delicious. Photos: Viral Oh Viral (Facebook) This cake is super moist and super yummy. This homemade moist marble cake recipe is very easy to make. I buttered the bundt pan generously with just butter at room temp. Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Hi. You can’t buy happiness but you can buy cake, and that’s kind of the same thing. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. Calories? Hello! Love all your recipes- just made black bean dip for tomorrow, your chicken fajitas on the menu too! Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @onceuponachef. It smells intoxicating of vanilla and chocolate and both flavor notes really come through in the taste department. definitely I will try this delicious cake. As delicious as it is, moist, buttery, all round goodness, my cake fell apart I was able to salvage a few slices… I’d like to know, what I did wrong? Making this for the third month in a row! Instead of the more common “creaming” method (where the butter and sugar are beaten together before the eggs, flour, and liquid are added), high-ratio cakes can be made using the “high-ratio” or “quick-mix” method. Hope that helps and that you enjoy! Practice will make perfect. This cake will become a regular in our house! Delicious . My question is this: Why, in this recipe, do you have the dry goods in the mixer and add the liquid to it, when usually, we cream together butter and sugar before adding flour mixture and alternating with egg/milk mixture? Yes, sour cream will work, but you’ll need to thin it out with a little milk. The batter should look pale and creamy. Using a butter knife, swirl the batters together with a zig-zag motion, going three times around the pan. This will be my go to! The glaze adds a donut like texture to the outside of the cake and the chocolate part has a bit of fudginess. May I ask the name or brand of the bundt pan that you use and where I can purchase one? Beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Bring to a simmer over high heat, whisking until smooth. If you love eating cakes, try your hand at making this Marble Cake. Maybe I goofed but it had just a touch too much chocolate than vanilla BUT it was delicious!! Step 1. . This cake originated in germany and in germany they have cakes that are less sweet then the u.s. but it is still a very good cake but if your looking for something sweet this is probably not the cake for you. I’m thinking of converting them into mini bundts. It’s going in my recipe box with a star sticker on it. Will review it after I make it. It's important not to over-swirl. I am looking forward to trying this recipe after making your marbled banana bread! I doubled and used a 2-tiered wedding cake (2 9″ pans and 2 6″ pans). Our whole family loved it. Now once the cake comes out of the oven let it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before taking it out of the pan and allowing it to rest on a wire rack until completely cooled. I baked it for 70+4 mins, I think it needed more time in the oven!?! I’m considering this pan: https://www.nordicware.com/catalog/product/view/id/2545/s/heritage-bundtlette-cake-pan-1/category/78/. Both batters are baked together and prep… This cake is delicious but I also had problems trying to take it out of the pan once the glaze was on because it was too moist. This recipe is just perfect. I will be using a 9inch round pan. on Step 10, I hope I end up in the "I made it" area cos I want to make this ;) My mum used to drive us hours to this bakery when we were kids, that specialized in marble cake. What is a marble cake? I was trying to figure out what dessert I was going to make to go along with Sunday dinner. Required fields are marked *. Next time I will turn it out after letting it cool for 10 minutes then put the glaze on using a pastry brush. The marbling step may be a bit more challenging in mini bundts, but I think it’s doable. Hope that helps! This recipe called for ingredients I already had in the pantry so I gave it a shot. Hope that helps! It is a cake that has both chocolate and vanilla cake in it. (Go slowly so that the glaze gets absorbed.). My family’s new favourite cake! I pieced it back together as best I could! Wonderful! This definitely shouldn’t be dry. . Thank you in advance! For some reason my cake came out dry! Hi Antigoni, I wouldn’t recommend it — sorry! Hello, there! Not too complicated, but enough work to make you feel satisfied that you worked on a recipe from scratch! Even a few extra ounces can make a big difference. I’d welcome any other suggestion too. I made the Marble Cake today! Did you have to halve the recipe to fit into a loaf pan? Do you find it’s done at 60 min? Spoon or brush half of the glaze evenly over the bottom of the cake. Hi Sa-eeda, Sorry to hear this fell apart! Turns out fantastic and such a crowd pleaser! Also, i feel like my glaze didn’t soak into the cake. These eateries offer in-house food delivery and takeaways. salt per stick, so you can use the salted butter and reduce the salt in the recipe as needed. One thing I didn’t nail were the swirls – got any tips? This cake is so moist and delicious!!! This is a “high-ratio” cake, which means that the weight of the sugar equals or exceeds the weight of the flour. (That would help to determine the amount of time they need in the oven. Invert the cake onto a serving platter. Thank you. With all that said, my children were eating all the crumbs and cake pieces as it fell apart – it’s THAT good! Do you agree with that statement?