I’m definitely not for false advertising. I found myself exclaiming… “this is the best chocolate buttercream frosting I’ve ever had in my life!”  And if you really must know, I’ve had a lot of frosting over the years! enable_page_level_ads: true
% of people told us that this article helped them. In some cases, yes, but it may affect the taste. Just soften it by leaving it out on your counter for a few hours or by microwaving it for 3-5 seconds. Thanks. The icing should be of a consistency that can be easily spread without tearing the cake. It’s perfect for Cake or Cupcakes, and is so much easier to work with, too! But this recipe is amazing! Add milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. I used 100g less icing sugar as I wanted to make something easy to spread. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Homemade Chocolate Frosting has the richest chocolate flavor! Add the cocoa powder and whisk to combine. So have you tried this Easy Chocolate Frosting Recipe with Cocoa Powder? I just wanted to let you know that I am never ever using can chocolate frosting again! How to Make Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting [1] In a medium bowl, add instant pudding mix, baking cocoa and milk. Try these from other bloggers.Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe…. });
, Filed Under: Dessert Recipes, Food, Recipes Tagged With: Bake From Scratch, Cakes, Cupcakes, Frosting. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; You are essentially pushing out the air bubbles.Â. If you looking for more delicious homemade chocolate recipes from Bunny’s Warm Oven try one of these ! Required fields are marked *. Delicious! amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Once upon a time, I was the girl who purchased store bought frosting. ", was superb!!! It is simply icing sugar or confectioner's sugar. Recipes, Money, Home & Garden, DIY, Beauty and Travel. How to make chocolate frosting? Air bubbles form when whipping the frosting, which is a necessary step in making buttercream! Thank you. Similarly, add more sugar, 2 tsp (10 ml) at a time, if the frosting seems too thin. You can learn more about me here, or check out my recipe archives here. Learn how your comment data is processed. Win-win situation! Let your frosting rest a few minutes in a cool dry area before using. Gather the ingredients. Melt butter. Add a bit more non-dairy milk, 2 tsp (10 ml) at a time, if it's a little stiff. Thank you for pointing it out Laurie, I just fixed it. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. [4] Gently fold in Cool Whip until throughly combined. Additional cocoa/sugar mixture should be prepared in a ratio of 2 parts granulated sugar to 1 part cocoa powder. Do not use normal sugar. * You'll want to scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl with a spatula to make sure everything gets well combined. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Hope you have a lovely afternoon! amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "buswaov05-20"; Quick and easy, rich chocolate taste. Everybody in my family loved it. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
You can use butter instead of margarine, if desired. This is what the mixture looks like after all of the sugar and cocoa had been mixed into the creamed butter and is ready for the wet ingredients. Thank you! Does it get any easier than that?!? Just be warned: everyone and their neighbor is going to ask you for this recipe. Immediately frost on your cooled cake or pipe onto your cooled cupcakes. Using the electric mixer will take quicker than using a whisk, but either will work as long as the butter is softened to room temperature. Add a few melted chocolate chips for a great flavor! Recipe can be easily doubled for larger multi-layer cakes or big batches of cupcakes. -  Pair it with cupcakes or cake and it will melt in your mouth! I mean come on… there’s just something so dreamy about rich, velvety, luscious homemade chocolate frosting! You may use less than stated. Similarly, use butter over margarine when possible. Privacy policy, this is great tasting icing but I do find it fairly difficult to mix and pipe but it is worth the effort for the taste. {Purrfect Gift Ideas for Cat Lovers}. It is the key ingredient for the frosting, causing it to form and making it fluffy. You can also substitute additional powdered sugar, but only use 1 cup (250 ml) during this step, and be aware that it will make the frosting much sweeter. Something went wrong. It’s a true story, once I met my new best friend… this Easy Chocolate Frosting Recipe with Cocoa Powder, my chocoholic tendencies were taken to a whole new level of decadent cocoa bliss! It was so easy to make, too. Just 5 Ingredients, 5 minutes, and you’re done! Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox SIGN ME UP! Just how much frosting does this chocolate frosting recipe make? Don't melt the butter. Your email address will not be published. Remove the pan from the heat and place the cocoa mixture into a medium size bowl. Do I put the butter in a separate bowl from the dry ingredients? References How many times do we go to Pinterest to try to look up “easy ________ recipes”, just for there to be complicated ingredients that we have to go on some crazy scavenger hunt at the store to find?! I don’t have an electric mixer.