So go ahead, spend a hundred bucks on plates the size of your palm and order two desserts each (so much tastier than dry, pasty wedding cake) while you bask in your newlywed bliss. Plus, you can create a secret board to keep all of your ideas organized in one place for easy, accessible reference for that moment where you're standing dumbstruck in front of the florist trying to describe your idea of a perfect bouquet. Soothe offended distant-relatives, and curious friends with We Got Married! That's like, $100 per family that you invite. How to Make Your Ceremony *Really* Special. Whether you’re in a wedding or going to one, there’s something here for everyone. Bring a friend or hire a photographer to take some pictures, Create a small, concise gift registry to share for those who ask for one, Put together a playlist to celebrate the day. Looking for unique ceremony ideas to make yours even more memorable? Related Articles. Something to do when you're not planning your wedding: In this episode, Celina tells us all about Dublin's One City One Book - and why you should find out what your city-wide need-to-read tome is. Because you don’t have a wedding planner breathing down your neck or a wedding party to corral, you’ll have plenty of time to take for yourself before it’s time to walk down the aisle. She's sharing her expert advice and insight on making your ceremony truly special. Flowers are an essential at every wedding, so why should your courthouse wedding be any different? For a fun outing, visit a u-pick the evening before or the morning of your nuptials and gather flowers and greens for a very personal bouquet and boutonniere. On the other hand, my fiancé’s mother is always interested in our plans and is constantly asking about it, so at least I have that but I wish my own mother would be more interested. When you imagine your perfect wedding day, you envision love, sweet memories, and the beginning of a lifetime with your favorite person—not debt, family fights, and months of intense planning. - Emer Dillon, who's guaranteed to give you the feels as she talks us through some beautiful ideas for adding meaningful rituals to your wedding. Question: My fiance and I are getting married in December of this year. Whether you want to use sparklers, flowers, or bubbles, make sure that your guests send you off to married life in style. I would even Google or Pinterest search courthouse wedding pictures to see how other brides dressed for their day so you can see that many people get into the spirit even if they're not having a full-fledged ceremony. In episode 14 of The One Fab Day Wedding Podcast, we're talking about how to make your wedding ceremony your own - whether you're saying your vows in a church or on a cliffside.For some couples the wedding ceremony is 'just the legal bit' but for others it's a chance to declare your love in a meaningful away in front of all your favourite people. Hire a professional photographer for the day, 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing Music for Your Wedding, 4 People You May Not Want to Invite to Your Wedding — But Probably Should, How to Make Your Wedding Makeup Sweat-Proof. Maybe you don't want to go to some foo-fooey bistro for dinner or, maybe you both just really love Big Macs. We will probably ride the Harley and eat at Chick-Fil-A afterwards! Angela Czmiel from New York on January 20, 2016: Hiring a photographer to make a courthouse wedding special is really a great idea..this will make your wedding memorable. Answer: I don't think so! Instead of just having them grab a gift as they go as with traditional wedding favors, present your gifts after the ceremony with a hug and a thank you for sharing in your special day. Before your wedding ceremony, take the opportunity to get pampered and dolled up. A wedding ceremony should reflect all the little details that make your relationship unique. However, Pinterest can actually be a great place for courthouse wedding ideas and inspiration, from how you want to style your hair, to where to shop for your dream dress. I am really excited and already organising bands, photographers, going dress shopping next month! Keep in mind that forfeiting a lavish ceremony, venue rentals, and catering opens up other options financially, for the things that will truly make the day intimate and unforgettable. When you opt-out of a traditional wedding you also let go of the tradition of obligatory wedding gifts. We'll be joined by accredited humanist celebrant - and all-round fabulous lady! If praying isn't your thing, take a moment to say a few words extolling your gratitude for one another and asking for wisdom for the journey ahead. A Sample Wedding Ceremony For Civil Services. Hire a professional photographer for the day to snap photos of every glance, every kiss, and the way you look at each other when you say your vows. You’ll find them here! So much better! How to Make a Courthouse Wedding Special (With DOs and DON'Ts from David Tutera!) Welcome to marriage, where you'll write the rules, forge news paths, and face the big, bad, unpredictable s.o.b. Whatever your ceremony means for you, today's chat will cover all your options, how to make it personal, and how to navigate any politics around choosing an 'alternative' ceremony. My dilemma is that my mother doesn’t seem interested. It was actually pretty romantic. The often overwhelming daydream that is Pinterest could be the very reason you've decided to skip the big to-do in favor of a simple elopement. At the very least, you should be opening up a bottle of champagne at a beautiful restaurant right after the ceremony. by A Practical Wedding. A little spiritual distraction is just the thing to calm pre-wedding jitters and to bring loved ones together. Pick out a bridal bouquet at your local florist, or do something whimsical and romantic like pick a bunch of wildflowers together before you head to the courthouse. Carrying a bouquet made my courthouse wedding feel a lot less criminal. We want the One Fab Day Wedding Podcast to make wedding planning easier and more enjoyable for you, our beloved listener, so if there's something you'd love to hear discussed on the show, or a question you'd like answered, please do drop us a line. While most couples end up scarfing down a cold meal at their reception, take advantage of your quaint day by indulging in your cravings however extravagant or silly. By Jamie Birdwell-Branson on Sep 27, 2018. Which Wedding Colors Fit Your Personality? Main topic: We're talking wedding ceremonies. In episode 14 of The One Fab Day Wedding Podcast, we're talking about how to make your wedding ceremony your own - whether you're saying your vows in a church or on a cliffside. If you loved the episode, don't forget to rate and review the podcast on iTunes. Depending on how long you’ve booked them, you can also take the opportunity to take some wedding photos after the ceremony. Answer: No, I wouldn't send out Save the Date's if you're just going to the courthouse - unless you plan to have a reception later that day. You may not be wearing a gown with a long train and all of the other bells and whistles, but wearing white will certainly make you feel more bridal. If not, there's no need for anyone to save that particular date. Kierstin Gunsberg (author) from Traverse City, Michigan on August 16, 2016: Angela, I definitely wish I would have done that when I got married! Got something to add to the conversation? Take the time to bask in your newlywed bliss with a killer reception following the ceremony.