The Covid-19 pandemic is leaving many of us feeling extremely isolated due to social distancing—especially those in long distance relationships. I agree with so much of what you said. I entered on a fiance visa and then had 90 days to get married and then after being married I believe it was 90 days to then file paperwork applying for a change of status for permanent residency and my green card. Hope that helps! That was 8 weeks ago. Your story has given so much hope to me and your advice you have given me has helped a lot. Relationship are not that easy. Until then though enjoy your travels! Hey, so I would need your help on something. Perhaps you’re planning to explore phone sex for the first time, but you have no idea what to say to him? None of them seem to believe in LDR’s and doubt his intentions. Hi Connor, thanks for reaching out and sharing your story. This could mean spending a year first and then opting for something more permanent, but the first step will be to figure out what your options are and go from there. But don’t let their doubts influence the way you feel, because there are others out there in your same situation making it work every day, and the only person who knows whether or not a relationship is right for you is you. Finally, I went to meet him in Tunisia after talking online for almost 2 years. I live in africa with withs at uni in aus…no reason to be here anymore…im happy to move nxt yr to italy, easier as he is a lawyer and established there…. (It’s cheaper to fly to Singapore over the holidays than Australia.). do you think only one hours is hard for her to keep our relationship? We also have a free Facebook community you can join to to connect with other people who understand what you’re going through. I met the love of my life when I was 13. Dario is coming to Australia in October for five months (Scottish man may die in Australian summer heat lmao). Without letting it deter you from dedicating yourself to making the relationship work, I think that I would accept that because you’re both so young anything could happen later down the road, but know that you’ll be fully committed to making it work for as long as it works. Your story is inspiring – I have friends that have gone through LDR’s but I think the being from different countries part makes it even more difficult. And so far its been 2 and a half months and we have been talking every single day almost all day. She told me it won’t work between me and her that she needed some space. You may want to know all the reasons for your boyfriend to break up with you. These are things that couldnt be researched or guessed about each other either on facebook or google. I go home for Xmas in 79 days and I will see him for the first time since 2008. She drives me crazy because I can not hold my extended feeling and love her with such a tender love. It’s hard, but having trips planned and a date that you’re moving to Italy is something solid to look forward to. Remember that the best thing to do in this long distance relationship is to keep giving. So, at 50 and 52 years of age we are beginning the long journey with immigration etc. He is 19 and I am 26. Thankyou Mariela … I’m so sorry to hear that you are hurting and that he wants to move on instead of being apart. When you’re trying to maintain a long distance relationship with your boyfriend, you need to have faith. If it doesn’t work out you’ve been open to the possibility of love, and won’t carry any regrets in life :), Hope it all works out for you! But having my ex come back into my life has kind of made me see all of the bad things in my current relationship and I don’t know what to do. I’m casting for a new docu-series that may interest some of you – I’m looking for men or women who are in an online/long distance relationship with someone overseas AND planning to meet them for the FIRST TIME! Hi Josey, thanks for sharing your story, I can understand how it would be more difficult with family involved. Thanks for sharing! I’d like to ask for some advice though on what to do if we met, because I could see it being a bit strange meeting, and she’s quite a shy person so I don’t know what we’d do in her home town? As you said, sometimes you just know :). He is always traveling and visiting countries ( thanks to the traveling benefits of working for an airline) and we met on my flight back to Mauritius after a trip in Egypt. Congrats too – a year is an incredible milestone! I did travel to Australia to spend a holiday with him but he has yet to come to me also. We’ve already talked about me going to visit him for Thanksgiving. It’s crazy because I’m in a long distance international relationship as well, however, I’m from America and he’s the one from Australia. This is truly an amazing love story. You may think that it’s okay to hang out a lot with your guy friend but think of how your boyfriend might feel. All the best to you both :) X, Megan!! It was hard, he had a new super-busy schedule and I was finishing my thesis. I know he too is smitten with me because he tells me all the time. And it’s absolutely possible to make a relationship work, even though yes, being apart from the one you love for that long is definitely hard. i feel good to hear from somebody the same story like me.. me nd my bf are going to meet in this january ! He would love to live here and plans to visit in January, then we will meet again in March (asia)!and I will go back to uk in July so it is great that we have things to look forward. Hi, this article really gives me hope and I know I should stop worrying and stop the negativity myself.