Said Reynolds: “A little over two years ago, I became an owner of Aviation Gin because I love the taste of Aviation more than any other spirit.

© 2020 Condé Nast. As part of the deal, Diageo will pay $335 million upfront with an additional $275 million possible payday depending on Aviation's performance over the next 10 years.

We’re so excited for the next chapter of Aviation Gin, which, I promise, will require just as little reading.”.

Sweetening that pot, the trio was promised an extra $300million based on subsequent sales numbers. Ryan will retain his stake in Aviation's old parent company Davos Brands, LLC, Taking a shot: Diageo picked up George Clooney, restaurateur Rande Gerber and business partner Mike Meldman's Casamigos tequila for $700million in 2017.

Diageo, the world's largest spirits maker, said on Monday it was buying Aviation American Gin, co-owned by Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds, in a deal worth up to $610million.

According to the Distilled Spirits Council, distillers sold nearly 10 million nine-liter cases of gin in the US in 2019, generating $918million in revenue, a 3 per cent rise over 2018.

What I didn’t expect was the sheer creative joy learning a new industry would bring. The actor will retain his stake in Davos Brands, LLC but his role as a spokesperson remains unclear. He's a fan: Talking about Aviation's new chapter in a statement, Reynolds said: 'A little over two years ago, I became an owner of Aviation Gin because I love the taste of Aviation more than any other spirit.' In 2019, Aviation grew volumes at over 100%, adding the highest number of cases and accounting for 40% of super premium gin segment growth according to figures released by Diageo. It is produced by House Spirits Distillery. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. Ryan Reynolds is at the center of a deal today where Diageo acquired Aviation American Gin.

Aviation was founded in 2006 and later purchased by Davos Brands, LLC, of New York in 2016. Aviation American Gin is pot distilled Ivan Menezes, chief executive of Diageo, said: 'We are delighted to announce this transaction, which supports our participation in the super premium gin segment in the United States. Do you compliment Hitler?' In a statement to industry outlets, Reynolds said: 'A little over two years ago, I became an owner of Aviation Gin because I love the taste of Aviation more than any other spirit.

Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.

All Rights reserved.

While Reynolds deal is definitely substantial, it's still far less than that of his fellow actor turned spirits purveyor, George Clooney.

The Deadpool actor became the face of Aviation Gin after purchasing an unspecified, but 'significant' stake in the company in February 2018. But Reynolds isn't just interested in being the king of gin, he's working on building a small business empire outside of alcohol and acting. 'The acquisition of Aviation American Gin and the Davos Brands portfolio is in line with our strategy to acquire high-growth brands with attractive margins that support premiumization. Why a career in adult social care could be the... HS2 unearthed!

Reynolds and Aviation appear to be following a similar playbook as other celebrity spirit brands.

It seems that more and more celebrities are diversifying their portfolios by getting into the liquor and wine industry, and given that Ryan Reynolds just sold his Aviation American Gin brand as part of a $610 million deal it's easy to see the appeal. Every bottle of Aviation Gin is handcrafted in small batches by a dedicated team of master distillers in Portland, Oregon. Deal falls short of one that Diageo made several years ago that brought $700 million with another potential $300 million based on performance to George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman for their Casamigos tequila company. In 2019, the actor purchased an ownership stake in Mint Mobile, an affordable direct-to-consumer cell phone carrier, and in July 2020 he joined the board of Match Group, the company that owns Match.com and Tinder.

Ad Choices. Aviation American Gin, also known as Aviation Gin, is a brand of gin first produced in Portland, Oregon, by founders Christian Krogstad and Ryan Magarian in 2006. Growing the brand with my company, Maximum Effort Marketing, has been among the most fulfilling projects I’ve ever been involved with.

Get the latest chatter, from Kensington Palace and beyond, straight to your inbox.