Having been cooking for decades and with a professional background in cooking & baking, I help you to make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes showcased with step by step photos & plenty of tips & suggestions. Tadka Maggi Recipe | How to make Tadka Maggi | Maggi Recipes, Veg Frankie | Frankie Recipe | How to make Veg Frankie, Palak Poha Cutlet | How to make Palak Poha Cutlet, Rice Pakoda | How to Make Rice Pakodas Recipe | Rice Fritters, How to make Perfect Batter for Idli | Homemade Idli Batter | Idli Batter Recipe, “Top 10 Rising Indian Food Bloggers 2018”. That day I was introduced to the joy of experimenting with recipes. thanks a lot meveera for these suggestions. A healthy snack made from chickpea flour. The recipe yields 25 to 30 khandvi rolls. Khandvi Recipe (Chickpea Flour Rollups): Learn to make delicious Khandvi using besan (chickpea flour) and topped with coconut carrot mix. | For reprint rights: Times syndication service, by Take the yogurt in a bowl. The only experiment used to be asking my mother how to make something new or different☺. A suggestion would be to use your kitchen counter top, if you prefer. Let it cool a bit and then begin to roll. What we look for in a khandvi are thin layers and this is achieved by getting the right consistency when cooking the batter. also add ginger – chili paste. Do not use the thick besan to make khandvi. Please rate us and share your valuable feedback. Click on the play button, watch the video and give it a try. If using fresh yogurt, then to add the sourness, add about 1/2 tsp of lemon juice. It is absolutely fuss-free and close to foolproof. The batter also should not be allowed to stick at the bottom. You will see the khandvi batter has thickened more than the previous pic.

Now coming to the ingredients: Gram flour: Regular besan is used to make microwave khandvi. Add ginger-green chili paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt. Khandvi is an interesting and easy to make Gujarati recipe. Tempering: Mustard seeds (raie) and sesame seeds are used to temper khandvi. And I loved everything else that followed especially garnishing and photographing food. That day I was introduced to the joy of experimenting with recipes. The cooked mixture is spread and rolled and thereafter tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves. In this case after you finish rolling half,  just cut horizontally and make a second roll. the batter also should not be allowed to stick at the bottom. 8. Generally, khandvi is cooked in a kadai. Now be quick. If the batter becomes too thick, then it becomes difficult to spread and you don’t get thin layers in the rolls. A Chartered Accountant by profession, a food blogger by passion! 20. Garnish with handful of chopped coriander leaves, pomegranate seeds, and coconut. Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe bowl. The timing will vary depending on the intensity of the flame, the thickness/thinness of the pan and the size of the pan. Stay healthy, stay tuned!. Please rate us and share your valuable feedback. First of all, I would like to thank you for stopping by at Viniscookbook, I hope you have a good time. if you delay then the batter thickens as it cools and becomes lumpy while spreading. Thanks a lot Richa for sharing this feedback. That day I was introduced to the joy of experimenting with recipes. 12. You saved Microwave Khandvi to your. i was inspired to try the recipe. 13. The only experiment used to be asking my mother how to make something new or different☺.

Mix it using wire whisk and make thick paste. Finer gram flour makes better khandvi. 15. If you like khandvi, we have different takes on this classic Gujarati preparation. Khandvi is a soft, melt in the mouth, spiced and seasoned gram flour rolls. This easy snack recipe of Gujarati cuisine is best served with tamarind and green chutney. Pour the batter in a sauce pan or a broad frying pan. But I also have my share of disasters once in a while. I am mother of two kids and the wife of a person with a high and selective taste sense, so basically anything, before finding its place on the blog, has many levels to cross and clear. in India what we call buttermilk is a thin solution of yogurt and water. With a wired whisk, keep on stirring and mixing till all the lumps are dissolved and you get a smooth batter. You have been successfully subscribed to the Food Newsletter, You have been successfully unsubscribed from the Food Newsletter, How to make Raw Banana Tikka Curry(Hindi), How to make Moong Dal Cheela with paneer filling(Hindi), Wondering what to cook today?
So, without any inkling of the proportions or ratio, I made khandvi for the first time and to my surprise, it was a success. If using fresh yogurt, then to add the sourness, add about ½ tsp of lemon juice. Then make straight cuts using knife and make about 1 ½ inch wide strips. Then add curry leaves, green chilies and fry for a few seconds. make sure to sieve besan to avoid lump formation. As in microwave for 2 minutes, blend, microwave for 2 minutes, blend and microwave for 2 minutes for the third time and blend. Before that I was making the most usual kind of food.

To test it, spread a spoonful and see if it rolls?

Khandvi is made with a mixture of gram flour and buttermilk. Add sour yogurt. It can get healthier.

I am mother of two kids and the wife of a person with a high and selective taste sense, so basically anything, before finding its place on the blog, has many levels to cross and clear. It is important to sift the gram flour before using it for the Khandvi recipe. This journey started a couple of years back. 26. You cannot overcook or under-cook its mixture. 4.Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe bowl. Your email address will not be published. First prep up all the ingredients required. If you are looking for more Gujarati recipes then do check: If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. I have tried to make this dish a couple of times in the past and never got it right, but your recipe worked beautifully when I tried it. Regards. A Chartered Accountant by profession, a food blogger by passion! 9. TNN |, Uploaded on

Then place them in a serving tray or plate.if the tray or plate is large, then you will get large rolls. 20, 11: Lastly garnish with shredded coconut and chopped cilantro. Hi! Khandvi is a gluten-free healthy snack if you don’t add asafoetida powder or use wheat free asafoetida. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by marking them offensive. Then add curry leaves, green chilies and fry for a few seconds. 11.

Use a spoon and pour the tempering on the khandvi. You can garnish it with some more coconut and coriander leaves, if you prefer. Allow to … It is a very healthy dish that can be served for breakfast/tea-time or can also be packed for tiffin. Add mustard seeds; cook until they start to pop, about 30 seconds. So, follow this recipe properly for perfect khandvi everytime. Hi, I am Dassana. 11.Prepare the tempering. 07 November, 2019 08:23:57 AM Pooja kaushal. to be mixed with the curd (alternatively you can also use 3 cups sour buttermilk or chaas), about ½ inch ginger & 1 green chili crushed in a mortar-pestle. I had to use 4 steel lids. thanks a lot sharmila. Khandvi recipe with step by step photos. Water: Khandvi recipe is all about the correct proportion of gram flour, yogurt, and water. I am a big time follower of your recipes thanks it turned out so good .
You can also use slightly sour yogurt, that flavor will be transferred in the khandvi too. Tempering: Mustard seeds (raie) and sesame seeds are used to temper khandvi. If it sticks to the plate and doesn’t roll, it’s undercooked. Also add in ¼ tsp turmeric powder and 1 tbsp oil. With a wired whisk, keep on stirring and mixing till all the lumps are dissolved and you get a smooth batter. I used to use blind measurements then and still do at times. It is garnished with lots of fresh coriander, pomegranate seeds, etc. To make khandvi, the proportion of gram flour/besan to buttermilk is 1 : 3. Gujarati Khandvi (Patuli/Paturi) are tightly rolled, bite-sized snacks made using chickpea flour and yoghurt. First of all, I would like to thank you for stopping by at Viniscookbook, I hope you have a good time. I also wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Now by adding little water at a time, make lump free batter. You can use a spatula or spoon to scrape down the sides before blending it. Butter Maggi Noodles Recipe | How to Make Butter Maggi | Noodles Recipe, Maharashtrian Style Sabudana Khichadi | Sabudana Khichadi Marathi Style, Macaroni Sandwich | Sandwich using Sprig Aioli, Chilli Cheese Toast | Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe. Sabudana Kheer Recipe | How to make Sabudana Kheer? 9.Quickly spread the mixture on a greased kitchen platform or at the back sides of the full plates. Add the sesame seeds and when they change color & crackle, pour the hot tempering mixture along with the oil on the khandvi rolls evenly. Also, we here, simply love the Gujarati breakfast recipes. Yogurt: Dahi is used to make the batter for khandvi. Mix or blend well. Khandvi simply melts in the mouth leaving behind great flavors of gram flour, mustard seeds, and curry leaves, etc. The buttermilk should be neither thin nor thick, but of medium consistency. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You will need 4 full plates. Switch on the stovetop and keep the flame to the lowest. Yogurt + water: Correct proportion of the key ingredients is the key to perfect khandvi. Combine water, buttermilk, chickpea flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon asafoetida powder, turmeric, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl; beat into a smooth batter with no lumps remaining. Hi!

Yogurt + water: Correct proportion of the key ingredients is the key to perfect khandvi. Once the batter reaches a thick consistency, turn off the heat.

You can also skip this stuffing part and directly garnish with the coconut and coriander once you temper the khandvi rolls. Large steel lids or thalis work very well. I have just one query that when we eat Khandvi from outside it’s always has some sweetness like dhokla. Immediately switch off the stove. I have given details and tips wherever possible so that you can also make this snack at home without any failure. yes it will surely help the readers. And they did not get to go in the container as they were over before I could store them. Editor's pick on the best recipes, articles and videos. turmeric, gives bright yellow colour to khandvi. Stay healthy, stay tuned!. Gently roll each strip tightly. Allow to cool and then sprinkle the coconut + coriander leaves mixture sparingly. Khandvi recipe is not the easiest recipe.

The batter was still pasty, sticky and not properly set. 3. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This may help you as well, so thought of sharing the photos she sent me in the email.

28, 05: 1. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Stir & stir and exercise your hands. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Want to make it perfect first time? Lumps will be inevitable but the mixture won't go waste. What makes this easy Gujarati snack recipe a true delight is its tempering, which is made with oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, sesame seeds and grated coconut. You will need 4 full plates.