A nice variation would be to add a pint of red sauce, or a small can of tomato paste. Congrats! My biggest change was to eliminate the butter and cut the olive oil back to 2 tbs and browning my meat in 2 batches. Combine beef stew meat and flour in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat beef. This is an amazing beef stew. Return meat to skillet; stir in broth. Add the roux to your stew and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Most stews will slow cook completely on the stove top in 2 to 3 hours. Melt butter with olive oil in a large pot over high heat; add beef and season with seasoned salt. Don't skip the paprika nice layers of flavor. Followed the recipe to the T except added a handful of chopped mushrooms! Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. I have to say I enjoyed this recipe I made it for one of my clients she's elderly and lives alone. By creating a profile and answering a few questions, we can transform your experience on Ready Set Eat into one that’s tailored to your cooking style and tastes. Saute garlic and beef until beef is browned on all sides and some of the liquid, if any, has cooked down. Bring to a boil. Even my finicky 16 year old devoured it without picking all the veggies out. In a small cup dissolve cornstarch in a little cold water and stir into stew to thicken. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Nice basic stew recipe. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Enjoy your stove top beef stew with some garlic pull apart loaf – and a glass of wine. Cook and stir beef until seared on all sides 5 to 7 minutes. 455 calories; protein 28.4g 57% DV; carbohydrates 40.6g 13% DV; fat 20.1g 31% DV; cholesterol 75.1mg 25% DV; sodium 1120.2mg 45% DV. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook stew at a simmer until the meat and vegetables are very tender, 3 to 4 hours. Good recipe with good flavor. Try adding a can of cream of mushroom soup to the pot as an added pleasure! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Posting for safekeeping. ½ cup all-purpose flour, or more as needed. It does not mention this in the recipe, but it makes the stew taste greasy! Thanks for sharing! Add meat and salt; cook 5 … Really good flavors. This is a different recipe for beef stew than I have ever made. She enjoyed telling me stories while I chopped and cooked. You saved Slow Simmer Beef Stew to your. Definitely one to stay in my recipe box! Check your stew more regularly as it starts to cook down and thicken. Will definitely be making again and again! Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Please enter your email address and click submit.You will be sent an email with a re-set password link within a few minutes. Get Personalized Recipes and More Sign up. BTW, use ONLY a high quality balsamic when cooking! It was the perfect accompaniment for our stove top beef stew. 18 %, , or 1-2 slices cooked crumbled bacon (optional), (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth, (6 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice (3/4 cup), medium red potatoes, cut into bitesize cubes (leave skin on), cup frozen peas, use more or less as desired. My husband ate 4 bowls the first time I made it and my 9-month-old ate two bowls mashed up!