A splash of apple cider vinegar might go well at this point. That’s it. Lift the rack off the roasting tin and add the fennel, garlic and white wine to the pork fat in the roasting tin and stir to coat. Vegatable Oil 1 tbsp. It should only take a few minutes to develop a nice even crackling. I took the pork belly, scored the skin with a sharp knife and then scorched it with a jug of boiling water. Well, here’s an alternative for you. Andy saw these potato things on a TV program yeste, Fried chicken with the volcano sauce, coleslaw, pi, Angel Face - amazing scent and colour. A luxurious and economical dinner party classic. Squeeze over some lemon juice, then cover and set aside in a warm place. https://www.justonecookbook.com/pan-fried-ginger-pork-belly Remove the pork belly from the oven and turn the oven down to 160C/300F/Gas 2. First picke, @gordongram's salmon fish cakes for dinner last ni, Last night's dinner from @threeblueducks and @darr. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The skin will dry out and result in a crispier crackling. You’ll need ~700g pork belly, a heavy base frying pan with fitting lid – large enough to accommodate the pork belly, a couple of seasonal apples (I used Fujis), some fresh sage, salt and pepper. Put the sauce in a bowl and set aside. Once an even crackling is achieved, flip the belly over with tongs and sear quickly on the other sides so they also get a little colour. Heat the grill pan. The scoring should go through the skin, into the fat, but not into the meat below. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2017-2020 Delish PH | Powered by WordPress | Design by Iceable Themes. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/how_to_cook_pork_belly_03291 *I think I cooked for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, but only really know that I ignored the 45 minute timer. Your email address will not be published. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-cook-pork-belly The good thing about this meat is it’s got a high fat content and using this method keeps moisture in the pan so chances of overcooking and drying out are pretty slim. If you’re looking for an accompanying drink on a warm spring evening, then we’ve just been trying Oxenberry White Grapple Cider from McLaren Vale, which, although a little sweet for my taste, might just fit the bill. Required fields are marked *. I don’t know if the scorching bit is really necessary, I’ve just always done it when doing normal roast pork. Placing the belly skin-side up is essential to tender meat because the fat renders it while it cooks. Slice the bulb into thin wedges. Add the brown sugar, vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the fennel from the oven, when it is tender and golden brown (this will take approximately 30-40 minutes). Since I love pork bbq but I don’t want to go through the hassle of grilling, I came up with this recipe. To cook the meat, heat the frying pan over a medium heat with a little more olive oil until hot, but not smoking, then place the pork belly in skin side down. Marinate the pork with some garlic, calamansi juice, soy sauce and banana ketchup for about an hour or even overnight. Remove the cooked apple and sage, avoiding as much of the oil as possible, and set aside for serving. Place the slices of pork belly in the hot pan and cooking, turning often, until both sides of each slice are golden-brown and crispy. Now you can season the exposed flesh side of the belly in the pan with more salt and some ground black pepper, and pile on a good handful of fresh sage leaves.