Slugs can climb up walls, so use a lid and ensure the air holes in the aquarium are not big enough for a slug to crawl through. Give your slug a rock and some leaves for the first day and add some extra things later. I then added a little bit of filtered water and added a leaf. Alas, the time for vine-ripened tomatoes is pretty much over in Edmonton. Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted. I do understand what you mean. Is it still alive? Snail and slug eggs in gardens are often laid on the surface of the soil and usually covered by leaf litter or other organic debris. ", inches of rain last night I'm sure it fell out of a tree and onto our cedar siding. Prevent future generations by identifying eggs of slugs or snails. Needed to find out how to care for one. Slugs are very similar to the snails except for the shells. We’ve all seen it. :)", turns out I had the right idea, fruits and veggies with high water content. Or should I leave him alone in his cage? Slugs feed off of plants, such as fruits and vegetables. You need a home for your slug. Thank you and I am glad you liked it. ", "What helped me most in this article is the fact that it gave me everything I needed to know about caring for slugs. Can a slug live in a clean coke or water bottle? Is 70-80 degrees too hot? They can also be slippery to hold due to their mucus secretion for birds and animals that way they can escape when attacked by some predators. And, here's a gardening tip from Edmonton AM host Mark Connolly: save some of the leaves from raking to add, slowly, to your compost into the fall and winter. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? Do not keep the slug in direct sunlight. I am glad you found it useful. ", have 2 at the house. Look for brownish-gray, slimy bundles when identifying eggs of slugs or snails. Uses For Diatomaceous Earth - Diatomaceous Earth For Insect Control, Lettuce Snail And Slug Control – How To Solve Lettuce Mollusk Problems, Facts About Slugs And How To Kill Garden Slugs, Vegetable Garden Tricks And Tips You Should Try, Herbal Treatment Tips: Growing Your Own Herbal Remedies, Poison Ivy Treatments: Poison Ivy Home Remedy Tips, Frog Fruit Plant Care: Information On Growing Frog Fruit Plants, Picking Plum Fruit: Tips For Harvesting Plums, Peach Tree Harvesting: When And How To Pick Peaches, Sticky Schefflera Plant: Why Is My Schefflera Sticky, Home Remedy For Stomachaches: Creative Ways To Use Ginger Root, 13 DIY Projects That'll Bring Your Garden Indoors for the Holidays and Help Feed the World, Getting Plants Cheap – Words Of Wisdom From A Haphazard Gardener.