Milk – where would we be without it? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Coconut Cream Pie {Vegan & Gluten Free} ». Learn more... Rice milk is a delicious alternative to dairy milk! If you add some frozen strawberries to the ingredients before blending your milk, you will infuse your rice milk with some fresh strawberry tasting goodness, with no artificial sweeteners. However the milk made of cooked rice is creamier, denser and tastier in my view, so I personally prefer it. These simple recipes take less than 5 minutes to make and only require staple pantry ingredients. There are two ways to make rice milk: with cooked rice and with raw rice. Compost the leftover rice chunks or throw them in the trash. One of the most prevalent is almond milk, but the problem is that some people are allergic to almonds and other kinds of nuts. The wikiHow Video Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work. The more powerful your blender is – the smoother your rice milk will be. The milk made of raw rice is not as thick and the fine rice powder tends to precipitate easily so you need to shake the bottle every time before drinking it. Let cool. It looks like both have a lower potassium content than cow’s milk, … Filed Under: Learning to bake, Vegan Recipes. The vanilla extract along with the dates will result in sweet milk that’s also high in nutrients and totally healthy! If the milk starts to smell bad, this indicates that it has gone off and should be thrown away. Tried this recipe? Show me your creation! Before you do this, you might sample a small amount to see if it’s as sweet as you’d like. Creamy, vegan milk made at home: you can prepare your own rice milk just with two ingredients + water! Tested. It is high in nutrients, lower in fat, and will bring you a healthy energy boost, especially if you serve it … No need to process until powder. You need only three ingredients: long grain rice (white or brown), water and dates or another sweetener of choice. Add rice and bring to a boil again. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. This particular recipe is very popular nowadays because of its unique taste and, of course, adorable color! There are also those of us who are following a vegan diet and won’t have animal-based products because of moral reasons. I realized that it is easy to make and there was no point of buying a whole carton of expensive vegan milk if I could make it myself. Given how dependent we are on it since birth, I’d say we wouldn’t exist. If you prefer a more earthy taste, blend brown rice with water to make the milk. The mixture should resemble a very thin puree. Then combine it with water and dates and blend until smooth. I want to help people live a healthier life and to teach them the benefits of a clean, vegetarian diet. To make rice milk, start by adding 4 cups of water and 1 cup of cooked white rice to a blender. % of people told us that this article helped them. Refrigerate. Pass through a very fine mesh sieve or a clean fine piece of fabric. Chocolate Olive Oil Cake with Orange Glaze. I do not post anything that I haven’t or wouldn’t purchase myself. If you have any suggestions or questions, please don’t hesitate to tell me! Gourmandelle is a vegetarian food blog with vegan and vegetarian recipes, raw food desserts, free vegetarian meal plans, macrobiotic recipes, gluten-free living tips and more! Wash the rice by changing the water a few times until the water comes clean. Why not try it out, even if you aren’t lactose intolerant or vegan? Rice milk is a great option when you need a vegan milk for drinking or for dessert. Transfer the rice to a food processor. Process again for 15-20 seconds until smooth. . wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. It’s so simple! Your email address will not be published. Shake well before consuming. Gourmandelle contains some contextual affiliate links. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 31,522 times. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Required fields are marked *. Once boiling, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is cooked, about 40 minutes. Drain the water from the rice and let it cool for 30 minutes. Blend for about 3 minutes. Rinse very well the rice and cook it in two cups (500 ml) water. Drain the rice and discard the water. This type of rice milk will taste even better with coffee if you were used to putting sugar in yours. You can use other natural sweetener instead of dates. Home » Blog » Recipes » Rice milk | How to make rice milk at home – 3 flavors. Transfer the rice to a food processor. Store the milk for 4-5 days in the fridge. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. 2. I started making rice milk mainly because I needed a non-dairy-milk for vegan recipes. Add 4 cups of filtered water. Add dates and 2 cups of cold or warm water. Rice milk from uncooked rice: You need to soak the rice in hot water for several hours. It takes some effort to cook the rice and then it is slightly more complicated to pass it through a sieve, as the mixture will resemble puree. Only you know what you put in your rice milk! To make rice milk, start by adding 4 cups of water and 1 cup of cooked white rice to a blender. Add the rice into a large bowl and cover with water. I'd be happy for you to share them for any non-commercial purpose but please make sure to link back to the original post and give credit where it’s due. Basmati rice is the kind that contains the lowest arsenic levels, so that is one of the reasons to be preferred for rice milk. Rice milk from cooked rice: What you need to do is cook the rice, drain it and let it cool. Have you ever tried making your own rice milk at home? Need online marketing services and want me to help you grow your blog/business? Close very well the food processor with a lid and process for about 3 minutes, until the rice and the dates become fine crumbs. There are a lot of things I could say about the role of milk in the development of modern society, from cooking to breastfeeding and everywhere in-between. Finally, transfer the rice milk to a container, and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Luckily, modern kitchen science has provided solutions for each and every one of them! And while I don’t recommend rice milk to be your main beverage for a long period of time due to low nutrition content and arsenic content concerns, it is a great option when you need a quick and cheap vegan milk alternative. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Drain it and add it to your blender with the other ingredients. Or maybe you simply don’t like almond milk at all. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published, This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Rice milk is made from rice while normal milk is a dairy product from cows. Avoid using other kitchen appliances while you are using the blender, as the high wattage required can cause a fuse to blow in your multi-box. The content on this website is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It’s so so good! Wash the rice by changing the water a few times until the water comes clean. Introducing rice milk – the creamy, healthy alternative to the dairy product we all know and love! For starters, all you really need is white long grain rice, water, a pinch of salt and optionally – a pitted date, for added sweetness. You can find rice milk in stores or use this homemade recipe. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. References Commercial rice milk is typically manufactured using brown rice and brown rice syrup, and may be sweetened using sugar or sugar substitutes, and flavored by common ingredients, such as vanilla. It is high in nutrients, lower in fat, and will bring you a healthy energy boost, especially if you serve it sweetened naturally with dates, vanilla extract or fresh fruit. Here is how to make rice milk in 3 different and super delicious variations - classic, with vanilla and with strawberries! In addition you will get a bit more milk from the cooked rice than from the same quantity of raw rice. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. In any case homemade rice milk is very inexpensive, especially if compared to the store bought rice milk. You then have to blend the whole mixture for up to one minute. To learn how to make rice milk using brown rice, scroll down! I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for rice milk and its awesome variations! The milk made of raw rice is not as thick and the fine rice powder tends to precipitate easily so you need to shake the bottle every time before drinking it. Adding a natural sweetener makes this homemade beverage much nicer. Rice milk is one of my favorite types of vegan milk because it is simply delicious and it can have so many exciting uses. It is commonly fortified with protein and micronutrients, such as vitamin B12, calcium, iron, or vitamin D. I’m passionate about cooking, nutrition, and helping businesses grow. Another one you could try is the yummy strawberry rice milk. Rice milk is a great healthy alternative to dairy milk. It's so simple! There are people who simply cannot consume lactose-based products, out of health reasons. Both of these options are quick, easy, and yummy! Here is how to make rice milk in 3 different and super delicious variations – classic, with vanilla and with strawberries! It is a good dairy-free alternative for people with lactose intolerance.