Even with the trip back and forth, I still made it back to the airport with 90 minutes to spare. However, that proved clunky as I started writing it. As mentioned, Priority Pass members receive a $28 credit against their final bill, per person. It sold off its popular Aviation Gin gin brand in 2016 and now focuses on whiskey, vodka, rum, and an aquavit. That gets you a whiskey or spirit “flight” (four or five samples, respectively) plus your choice of two mini-cocktails. It also won the gold medal at the 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. As a leader in Portland’s world-renowned maker community, Westward Whiskey is a real distillery, where real people put their heart, soul, and artistry into crafting products that delight and inspire. The friendly bartender is happy to help you through your tasting. I’d say it’s something unique and worth doing even if you had to pay. Also, you can connect to the airport’s free WiFi while enjoying your drink(s). We'll never sell or share your information with anyone. I’ve long had my eye on the House Spirits Distillery PDX, so that was a no-brainer for my layover. Learn to how to find the cheapest awards. Our distillery tours are currently suspended due to Covid-19. They are in good company. For those keeping score at home, it’s a fried chicken sandwich on a buttermilk biscuit, with bacon, cheese, and cream gravy. WE SET OUT TO MAKE A WHISKEY OF THE ELEMENTS— AND ALONG THE WAY, WE CALLED IT WESTWARD. Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. This site is for entertainment purposes only. A recovering frequent business traveler, he shows how to make the most of your vacation time, even without status. Full credit to Priority Pass for coming up with creative ways to get value from a membership. Barrel 30, though, seemed weak for its age, and a little too fruity. Westward brings together the very best of the American whiskey and craft beer traditions. We don’t boss you around; we’re simply here to bring authenticity and understanding to all that enriches our lives as men on a daily basis. Andrew Volstead was the U.S. House of Representatives’ biggest champion for, The 12 Best Spirits For Gimlets, According To Bartenders, Celebrate Oktoberfest With These 10 German Spirits And Liqueurs, The Essential Guide to Cocktail Sweeteners, The Best Spirits For Bloody Marys, According To Bartenders, The 20 Best Subscription Boxes to Give Men as Gifts, 9 Easy Spiked Eggnog Recipes from Bartenders in 2020, The Best Coffee Beans To Buy in 2020, Reviewed, The 8 Best Gins to Drink Straight in 2020, The 10 Best Japanese Chef Knives Your Kitchen Needs, 3 Essential Fernet Cocktails To Make at Home, The 5 Best Kegerators on Amazon for Cold Draft Beer at Home, These are the Best Cheap Smoker Deals for November 2020, The 3 Best Scary Beers To Drink on Halloween, The 15 Best Halloween Cocktails for Getting Your Boo-ze On, The 12 Best Bloody Mary Mixes in 2020, Reviewed, How to Cook Steak in the Oven Perfectly Every Time. The credit applies to food and beverage purchases only (i.e. But if he tried his namesake vodka from House Spirits, he just might change his mind. Westward Whiskey was founded in 2004 with a passion for Northwest brewing culture and the American pioneering spirit. Want to give these a try, but you’re only ever in Portland long enough to take a photo of your shoes on our notoriously twee airport carpet? But the Alaska Lounge suffers from occasional overcrowding, forcing them to turn away Priority Pass guests. Note: this post is part of my trip report series about my recent day trip to Portland. If you need water, look for a dispenser just in front of and to the right of the bar. Alaska Lounge Bans Priority Pass Members from Bringing Guests, A Better Priority Pass with Citi Prestige. Articles are of a general nature and should not be relied upon for individual circumstances. The spirits from Westward Whiskey are quality-driven and reflect the appreciation of tradition coupled with the willingness to experiment that characterizes the pioneering efforts of the region’s great breweries, wineries, and restaurants.