MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Winter is the official spokeseason of nogs and toddies, spiced ciders and buttered spirits. Thanks for creating this! I also like to whip it just until peaks are about to form. Try swapping out 1 or both cups of the water with hot cider. Required fields are marked *. Meanwhile, mix the butter, honey, cloves, ginger and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Can’t wait to to try your recipe with LPS bourbon! Read More…. Light brown sugar can be used in place of the dark. We wanted to play off of Hot Buttered Rum which has been around since the 1850's. If you prefer, you can also go for the classic and turn this into a. This looks so cozy! Thanks for sharing! It's easy to get "in your cups" while drinking this. Hot Buttered Bourbon Hot Buttered Bourbon. Oh but why have I waited so long to make hot buttered bourbon?! Found your recipe and thought I would try it out! Stir until batter melts completely. The butter is adding plenty of richness on its own. Bourbon tastes so much better to me! Will have to make a big batch when we have friends over for a bonfire! Save batter in the fridge so you can have it whenever you'd like! Since it’s “basically frosting” you do realize that you could technically take a taste of the butter with a spoon, right? Refrigerate until firm enough to slice like butter. While hot buttered rum is the standard, I had some quality small-batch bourbon on hand from my local Kings County Distillery, and thought its caramelized depth would give this old cocktail an update in gusto. Start by only adding 1-2 tablespoons of honey, and then add the remaining honey to taste after the boiling water has been stirred in. Log in. A nice whiskey would work as well. Traditionally, the recipe includes the obvious butter and rum, along with sugar, spices, and the final addition of a hot liquid, usually boiling water or cider. We wanted to play off of Hot Buttered Rum which has been around since the 1850's. Okay, in truth, I’ve had this on my list for the last three years. Yield 20 servings January 1997 ... 1 liter bourbon; 4 quarts hot brewed coffee; Sweetened whipped cream; Garnishes: cinnamon sticks, ground cinnamon; How to Make It Step 1. Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Hot buttered bourbon is currently on the menu at Liberty Pole Spirits in Washington, Pa! - TheDirtyGyro. I think a citrus spritz also helps liven up the various rich flavors. Beat the ingredients for the batter until light and fluffy. Want to take your cooking skills to the next level? Anyhoo – we’re going to whisk this butter into our booze. This is theeeee winter drink. Jennifer graduated from the Culinary Arts program at L’Academie de Cuisine, and has worked as a line cook, pastry chef, and cooking instructor. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Doing research, we discovered that there are many recipes available today for hot buttered bourbon, so we combined ingredients from different Whisk or stir until evenly combined, then divide between 4 mugs. Add Four Roses Bourbon and 1 dash of Angostura bitters. At this point, you can place the butter in a sealed container and store it in the fridge! I love a warm cocktail in the cold winter months. Hot Buttered Bourbon Makes 4. Your email address will not be published. This hot buttered cocktail can easily be modified. I admit I am not a big drinker, but I’d definitely be willing to give this a try. Or try a mixture of orange juice and water if you don’t have apple cider available, because after winter’s white breath slaps you silly on your walk home from work, the last thing you can endure is a weak cocktail. Top with more hot water if needed and give a quick stir. Sure, the ratios would differ if you’d use it to frost a cake, but oh my word. Add the whiskey followed by the boiling water. Strain into a large measuring cup. Winter. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. // And, the whiskey tax rebels used hot alcoholic beverages in the winter to help warm themselves. So I started with salted butter. This Hot Buttered Bourbon is the ultimate warm winter drink. Nordic Fall Flavors at Manhattan’s Aquavit Restaurant, Bea Tollman’s “Best Dover Sole in London”, Coconut Lagoon – Recipes from a South Indian Kitchen. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Save batter in the fridge so you can have it whenever you'd like! Get notified about exclusive content and offers every week! Amanda is an associate producer in food television and editor…, Amanda Marsteller makes a drinkable bourbon solution to harsh winter winds that puts hair on the chest of the classic cocktail. Turn the batter out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log slightly bigger than a stick of butter. Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl until creamy and smooth. What a fantastic way to end the year. For more holiday recipes, be sure to check out my Brandied Acorn Squash Pie, Cranberry Pecan Tart, and Cinnamon Cashew Snowdrop Cookies! Beat on medium speed until combined and smooth. Or right before, but what I’m saying is that it lasts a long time, so you CAN make it ahead of time if necessary. For more great recipes follow me on Pinterest, Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant). Cheers to a warm winter’s mugful. It’s not that I dislike it, I just… am quite MEH about it. The name evokes butterbeer and spiked eggnog. When you think about it, it’s brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, spices – it’s basically spiced brown sugar buttercream. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I split the quanitites to make 2, and did all in microwave (except boiling water). Fill your mug with 1 to 2 shots of bourbon. Otherwise, a mere tablespoon of the butter mixture per mug will do. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. Pingback: 13 Best Thanksgiving Cocktails for Fall - The Crafty Pumpkin. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. If you … SUBSCRIBE & RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK WITH MY 25 FAVORITE RECIPES! She's written a weekly column for The Washington Post Food section, and her cookbook, The Gourmet Kitchen, was published in 2016 by Simon & Schuster. This is incredible. It’s insane. Barnes & Noble Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Really great alternative to rum! Time got away from me each season, or I had a new baby, or something “better” came through my mind and I never stuck to my plan of making hot buttered bourbon. I’ve been seeing a ton of hot buttered rum recipes in my vintage Southern cookbooks I’ve been looking through lately, this is a cool twist! https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/61/Hot-Buttered-Bourbon76698.shtml iBooks, Your email address will not be published. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. So they haven’t formed yet – which means this is ridiculously soft whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if using, and serve. You would love it there; their bourbon is amazing and their cocktails are sooooo good! 2. By clicking submit, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. In my opinion, it’s actually a more balanced drink than when using rum, which is milder. Lumaca, Murray Hill’s Destination for Coastal Italian Dining. // No idea how I know that…. Hot Buttered Bourbon is very warming, rich and delectable. Place the Butter Batter in a mug. YEP. Stir in ice cream; freeze in an airtight container until firm. Hot buttered bourbon is a warming, spiced cozy drink that is perfect for chilly nights! Hot buttered bourbon is a warming, spiced cozy drink that is perfect for chilly nights! Usually a thing done with rum, but I don’t really care about rum. Bulletproof Bourbon? I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! Wow!! Isn’t that wonderful? We love it! It’s better than a glass of champagne if I do say so myself. This Hot Buttered Bourbon is the ultimate warm winter drink. If you enjoy hot buttered rum, you’re going to absolutely love this hot buttered bourbon. Things only get better when we top it with some fresh whipped cream. To avoid watered down butter-bourbon, simply make sure to avoid water entirely as your hot liquid. By Amanda Marsteller. Your email address will not be published. Hot Buttered Bourbon is a new twist on a classic winter cocktail that will keep you warm and cozy during the cold winter months! Wait – Bulleitproof Bourbon. And I LOVE champagne. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. If you’re planning on crafting a large round of these hot bourbons or sipping a weekly personal dose during the cold months, you can mix the butter, sugar, and spices together ahead of time and freeze the mixture for easy prep, slicing off a slab as needed. She also pens a blog called The Choy Luck Club, in which she shares the bounty of community-supported agriculture. I much prefer using apple cider as that melds naturally with the warm spices and mellow bourbon. Books a Million In a bowl of your electric mixer, place the butter, sugar, maple syrup, spices and salt. Why not pin this recipe for Strong and Rich Hot Buttered Bourbon. butter (softened) 1/2 t. honey; 1/4 t. cloves; 1/4 t. ginger; 1/2 t. cinnamon; 2 c. orange juice; 1 T. sugar; 3/4 c. bourbon . ("In his cups" was the expression used during the Whiskey Rebellion to describe someone who had had too much to drink.). 1. Handcrafted Pennsylvania Whiskey, Mashed, Distilled and Bottled in the Historic City of Washington, PA - Home of the Whiskey Rebellion, © 2017 by Mingo Creek Craft Distillers, Purveyor of Liberty Pole Spirits, 68 West Maiden Street | Washington, PA | 724-503-4014. 12 comments, More than 150 Everyday Recipes and 50 Beauty DIYs to Nourish Your Body Inside and Out, Order Now: Note: Ice-cream mixture may be frozen up to 1 month. It is so easy to make, with the rich taste of brown sugar. It is so easy to make, with the rich taste of brown sugar. 3. For all general questions, please leave a comment here :). I appreciate you so much! Hot Buttered Maker’s comes to us from the Hot Buttered Rum family. Remove from heat. So I replaced it with boiling apple cider. You found me. Want to take your cooking skills to the next level? Butter aside, it actually tastes less rich because it doesn’t have that thick custard texture. - Cravings Happen, Pingback: Hot Buttered Bourbon. Let warm on low heat. © 2020 HONEST COOKING MAGAZINE. Heat the orange juice over medium heat and whisk in the sugar until it dissolves completely. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Add 2 T. chilled butter to saucepan; bring to a simmer. Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions! It turns out I love it just as much as spiked eggnog. 0 Reviews. Begin by mixing the butter with the brown sugar and spices and evenly dividing the mixture between two small mugs. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. The first time I heard about hot buttered rum, I was intrigued but also hesitant. In addition to rum, hot cider was often added in place of the water used in this version. Combine ice-cream mixture, bourbon, and coffee in a large bowl, stirring well.