Vendors cleans the intestines thoroughly before deep frying the entire thing in a wok of oil. The little sweet wrap is filled with tong chung, a crunchy candy wafer that's hollow on the inside, and shredded coconut and sesame, wrapped with a delicate thin crepe. Food hawkers have been selling street food on the streets in Hong Kong for as long as the city has existed. explore Kowloon Hong Kong street food with Hello! Check out the Hong Kong street food hotspots below: Hong Kong Island: Wan Chai and North Point, Kowloon: Tsim Sha Tsui, Jordan, Yau Ma Tei, Mong Kok, Prince Edward, Sham Shui Po, New Territories: (East) Tai Wai, Tai Po; (West) Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long. Get your fish balls cravings sorted at Tung Tat: 48 Pitt Street, Yau Ma Tei / 172 Fa Yuen Street, Mong KokRoasted Chestnuts, Sweet Potatoes and Quail Eggs - 炒栗子,烤蕃薯,鵪鶉蛋. Although the prices have been rising, you may still find them very cheap to be honest. Fun fact: I've had the most pungent, awful stinky tofu in Taipei last year. * Our favourite braised offal spot is Fei Jie: Shop 4A, 55 Dundas Street, MongkokDeep Fried Pig Intestines - 炸大腸. There’s nothing quite like a freshly baked egg tart that comes right out from the oven! You can read more about her in About This Blog and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. This sugar bomb is rather filling, and I remember having a whole one for lunch when I was still a student, just to save up some extra pocket money! Feel free to contact me for the exact locations! Mammy Pancake is another Michelin-recommended street food stall. Happy Cake Shop: 106 Queen's Rd E, Wan Chai, Hong Kong2. I don't deny I crave for it from time to time! A ready to eat a snack that you can buy from any hawker stalls that a Hello! Just like durian, you either hate it or love it when it comes to stinky tofu. Some roadside stalls then entered the shop to stay afloat, but many of them were forced to close down. Hong Kong. Stinky tofu, curry fish balls, and egg waffles are just a few of the classics, and it’s not hard to get drawn in by their smell before you turn around the corner. Jelly fish, stinky tofu, chicken testicles, snake soup, century egg and more. Nowadays, it is difficult to find a single Hong Kong street food market and they are usually scattered around. Best street food in Hong Kong come in all shapes and sizes. If you travel for food, this Bangkok travel guide for food … The crispy tofu is topped with plenty of sweet sauce and chili bean sauce. Enjoy your Hong Kong Eating Adventure! Hong Kong is known for having a variety of street foods. There’s nothing as comforting as having a hot, roasted sweet potato in your hand. Share with us your secret Hong Kong street food location. Besides egg tarts, this is also my childhood in a nutshell! Mochi is a glutinous rice casing that's usually filled with different kind of fruits. Singapore Food Masters 2020 – Vote for your favourite food stalls and stand to win $100 vouchers Singapore Food Masters 2020 has returned on its annual quest to honour our local food heroes! Hong Kong is known for having a variety of street foods. Smoked quail eggs are also quite fun to munch on. Please like us on Facebook and share our posts. If you are on our Hello Hong Kong tour and is a little bit adventurous, we dare you to grab a bite of this street food which is normally found in street food on the Kowloon side. Mummy Pancakes: G/F, Carnarvon Mansion, 8-12 Carnavon Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong; Shop K1B, G/F, 36 Man Tai Street, Hung Hom, Hong Kong; Shop 17, Leishun Court, 1-5 Haven Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong2. It’s a shame that the government has cracked down on street food in Hong Kong, it seems like such a cool part of the culture. LKK North Point Egg Waffles is very famous in Hong Kong, some Hong Kong celebrity will go there to eat the egg waffle. Pig's intestines are also served as its own dish at Chinese restaurants, such as stir-fry pig intestines with peppercorn and chilli (Sichuan style). The prices of street food in Hong Kong are very reasonable, from around HK$ 10 to 30 (~US$ 1.29 to 3.87), or even less than HK$ 10. One of a must-try Hong Kong street food, when you are in our Kowloon night tour, is the very delicious Cheong fun or rice rolls. They specialize in a Hong Kong food favorite known as egg puffs – those spherical bubble-wrap-looking snacks that are among the most popular and fun things to eat in Hong Kong. But do I like this weird Asian food? It is often served with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame sauce, and roasted sesame seeds. The best egg waffles are crispy on the outside while the inside is puffy and it's a bit gooey for the texture. * Get freshly made deep fried pig intestines at Delicious Food: Shop 10, G/F, 30-32 Nullah Road, Prince EdwardStinky Tofu - 臭豆腐.