Have students look up the definition of each word and write it on the back of the card. Do you (sea / see) the (plain / plane) in the sky? endstream endobj startxref Try to remember a phrase or make up a story with words in the same word family to help you remember the spelling pattern for there. Divide students into groups of two and give each pair a set of homophone cards. endstream endobj 15 0 obj <>>>/EncryptMetadata false/Filter/Standard/Length 128/O(�DK"��}�h����������e qi�k\)3 �)/P -1340/R 4/StmF/StdCF/StrF/StdCF/U(�NG����\(���n��� )/V 4>> endobj 16 0 obj <> endobj 17 0 obj <> endobj 18 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]>>/Rotate 0/Type/Page>> endobj 19 0 obj <>stream 2 0 obj Quite funny and quite difficult too! Prepare separate cards with a homophone sentence on each one using examples from the book Turn cards with sentence face down on table Students play a match game by selecting two cards, player keeps the cards if the homophones match Illustrate Homophones- Pair students, give each pair a set of homophones, written on a card. If I would like to (buy / by) some candy. We read and write from left to right. endobj Familiarity with a word's parts of speech, definition or reading it in a context, will make it hard to misuse it. CLICK to read the story. I like to (right / write) in my journal. See Make sure that ALL spellings are correct, using a dictionary if necessary. h�bbd``b`Z$_��B ��b=�n �@��Hp�$�D� QR����0�����?� xX Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. Worksheets that save paper, ink and time. Here is a song that I wrote about homophones, performed by Bernie Katzman. HOMOPHONES Write the following passage in your Literacy book, with the correct homophones. 36 0 obj <>stream Andrea wanted to remember the homophone right. I wrote a story in rhyme using homophones. Author: Created by SteveNoyce1. Created: Mar 5, 2013 | Updated: Feb 22, 2018. 26 0 obj <>/Encrypt 15 0 R/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<80A0E5AE423B32B707AE10A69DEAEFDB>]/Index[14 23]/Info 13 0 R/Length 72/Prev 65314/Root 16 0 R/Size 37/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream I read the story printed in red ink. 6. Teaching Tip Create pairs of index cards with homophone pairs written on them. What are you going to (wear / where) to the Party? endobj 11. When I went on vacation, I got to see a whale in the sea! However, it was lots of fun to do. Here’s a story she wrote with the words: Welcome to Homophone Story Author: T. Smith Publishing Subject: Complete the story using the homophones from the word box. <>>> 7. The story, "The Messiest House in the World" was incredibly difficult because of the many limitations of words available for use. %%EOF stream Preview. The car drives down the (road / rode). 4 0 obj Then have each pair come up with a sentence for each homophone to share with the class. Explain we will be reading a … ͡�T�=�G��)P�����Mq^'��p�3��I+��jѝ)h?�ɾEQn+���@� `���cIj�;'c‰2ơAT�~�~G�^sM�E�O�=�. Students need to read through a short story. Students listen to story using homophones and make text-to-text connections by matching selected homographs. The trucker was asking which was the best way to the weigh station. This includes: Common Core Standards Five Day Lesson Plans Homophone Poster A silly homophone story … Find the Correct Homophone From the EPS book Clues to Meaning E Read definition of homophone; match words to make homophones Homonyms: There, Their, They're How to Spell 2 Complete sentences w/ there, their, they’re depending on context Homonyms: Two, Too, To How to Spell 2 Fill in blanks with too, two, to depending on sentence meaning Don't miss the joy in the story! 8. Make sure Circle the correct homophone. f^EZ�֣k����8�Wq��7��sy�C�Djuyw��uFrTq�?�L�&ڵ���(���Zh��>i��� � �a���b�a�%;^L8E��E!û�N�"���c"���� HOMOPHONES Write the following passage in your Literacy book, with the correct homophones. Eye thought there feet %PDF-1.5 Level: intermediate Age: 12-17 Downloads: 723 THE STORY OF CONNIE AND CLIVE WITH KEY She made a list of words with the -ight pattern. Some of the worksheets for this concept are Homophone story, Brown caterpillar feeling blue, Homophones, Short story with homonyms, Practicing homophones, Homophones, Homophone work 1, Homophones write the following passage in your literacy. Look carefully to make sure you don’t miss any. Worksheets that motivate students. Don't miss the joy in the story! %���� the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: %PDF-1.6 %���� endobj Look carefully to make sure you don’t miss any. We have (to / two) dogs and a cat (to / too). This is precisely the objective of this pdf homophones worksheet for grade 2 and grade 3. Homophone Story Displaying top 8 worksheets found for - Homophone Story . Short Story of Homophones. 3 0 obj PDF (1.23 MB) Students will write a silly story using homophones. This also helps to link the spelling and the meaning of the word in your mind. They then need to pick out the homophones. 12. <> Worksheets that listen. 9. Activation Introduce author Gene Barretta to students and share information about him from his website www.genebarretta.com. Live Worksheets (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}). Father poured the pale yellow paint into the pail. you want to download you have to send your own contributions. <> It is wrong to (steal / steel). Here's a clever story that teaches students to recognize when homophones are used the wrong way in a reading passage. 1 0 obj Homophone Story Worksheet Give third-grade students this homophone story worksheet that tells the story of a boy and his humongous monsters! ESL Printables, This printable English language arts worksheet is a great addition to a lesson on homophon Despite someone's silly review the documents are not the same. 3.2 9 customer reviews. This reading and writing worksheet explains that homophones are words that sound similar but have different meanings and asks students to circle the correct homophones in each sentence of the story. The answer sheet has the words underlined!! 0 Keywords: 2nd grade writing activity; homophones; word usage and definitions; www.tlsbooks.com; T. Smith Publishing, second grade, item 4300 Created Date: 10/27/2009 10:37:44 AM