A homograph is given in a sentence. This worksheet on two pages is about homonyms. 21,988 Downloads Grade 1 Complete the Sentences with Correct Homophone All Rights Reserved. I can give you the address of a good attorney. Logged in members can use the … Some might think of the animal while others think of the computer mouse. All rights reserved. Learn homonym definition with examples.Homonym definition: In English, homonym is It costs a great deal of money to do that. You might begin by giving students a word such as bat. It can be used on its own or along with my worksheet on homophones. These worksheets contain precise explanations of homonyms, homographs, and homophones. Examples include treat (The doctor treats diseases, but the dog likes treat.) Short Reading Comprehensions Very Quick Readers I Can Be Short or Long! He say he can draw these pictures. Hope you have a good experience with this site and recommend to your friends too. Homophone Worksheets SuperTeacherWorksheets. Homophones are words that sound the same but are spelled differently. Our team has worked hard to create this Fun Educational Website FREE of charge to users like you. Homophones and homographs are categories of homonyms. Next, as a beginning activity, children can draw lines to match the homonym pictures. and turn (Turn around or take your turn.) Login as parent/teacher to add in assignment. Write a second sentence with the other form of the word. Homonym worksheets. English Example Sentences, 100 Examples of Homonyms with Sentences 100 Examples Of Homonyms With Sentences Words that have different spellings and meanings but have the same pronunciation are called homonyms. As with so many other parts of English, it's all about context. Read the sentences and circle the meaning of the homographs. Choose the correct homophones to complete the sentences. Filing Cabinet. Students must choose the right word in each sentence and then think of their own pair of words and provide examples. In these questions, students are asked to choose the correct word to complete the sentence. •  Unlimited access to Interactive Stories with "Read to me" feature. Homonyms Examples List of Homonyms with Examples. That letter was addressed to me. The following collection of activity sheets will teach your students how to spot and interpret homonyms. Using the Correct Homonym to Complete Two Sentences Part 1. Examples Sentences Using Homonyms Homonym in a sentence Example sentences. Complete the sentences choosing ‘your’ or ‘you’re’. This page has lots of printable homophone worksheets you can use in … Next, try the word mouse. (Very Quick Reader; Grades 3-5 Readability) An Antsy Situation (Very Quick Reader; Grades 3-5 Readability) Dandelions Rule (Very … You will find a page that contains a definition and a couple of examples. •  Award-winning educational games and videos. Finally, there are sentences where children will fill in the missing words. This can be very tricky for children to learn! Activities include fill in the blank, choosing the correct term from a given word bank, defining given pairs, correcting erroneous words within a given sentence, and more. Homonyms Activities, Worksheets, Printables, and Lesson Plans: edHelper uses the definition of homonyms that can be spelled the same or differently. After each explanation, there is an example followed by multiple practice questions. Mixed Homophones. Homographs are spelled the same, but have a different meaning. Learn list of homonyms in English with example sentences. Students must choose whether maybe or may be fits in each blank. Homophone Clues FREE . Reach the finish line by identifying the correct homophone in the sentences! Copyright © 2020, Turtlediary.com. If you think, you got this page by mistake then Click, USING THE CORRECT HOMONYM TO COMPLETE TWO SENTENCES PART 1, Rewriting the Sentence Using Correct Homophone. What is a homonym? Each pair of sentences will be completed with the same word. Read the clues and write the correct pair of homophones. All of the resources provided are free for classroom and home use. Homophone examples, homonyms worksheets, homonym examples. You will find a page that contains a definition and a couple of examples. Your email address will not be published. Answer keys have been provided for instructors. Another option you will find contains a word and two spots for children to draw pictures. Wreak- Reek: You have to teach him that … Your email address will not be published. More Homonyms and Homophones Worksheets Download Now! This might be an activity where children work together if they can’t think of both meanings on their own. Complete the sentence (word list provided) Write a sentence using each homonym Spelling and vocabulary puzzles with homonyms Circle the correct word (definition is given) You will be given a series of words that you will need to use and you will need to brainstorm an alternate use for the word. Required fields are marked *. ID: 907316 Language: English School subject: Reading Grade/level: Grade 1-3 Age: 6-9 Main content: Homonyms-Homographs Other contents: Homonyms-Homographs Add to my workbooks (0) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom Homophones Sentences Welcome To Homophone List. View PDF. Please send me a message if you have any questions. Homophones sound alike, but have a different spelling. Homophone Worksheets Homophones are words that sound exactly the same, but have completely different meanings. •  Teacher created quizzes with step by step solution. Resources may not be sold or modified and sold. Become premium member to get unlimited access. I’m always looking for new ideas for my next set of English worksheets. Use both forms of homographs by writing two sentences. Copyright © 2016-2020 EasyTeaching. Ask them to share what comes to mind.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'freewordwork_com-box-4','ezslot_2',106,'0','0'])); Some children might think of the animal while others think of a baseball bat. •  Informative assessment tools with detailed reports pointing out successes and weak spots. Complete the sentences by choosing the correct homophones. Examples of Homographs. This set of worksheets contains ten pages. She always ties her hair back in a band. Write Sentences with Homonyms - Form your own sentences with little to no prompting. If there is something specific you are looking for, please let me know.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'freewordwork_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',104,'0','0'])); Homonyms are words that are spelled the same but have different meanings. Add this free set of homonym worksheets to your language skills collection. I hope it will be of use to you. Band – Band. Examples of Antonyms Synonyms and Homonyms for Kids. Again, students might give different answers. Activities include fill in the blank, choosing the correct term from a given word bank, defining … You can download these free worksheets here: Looking for other language worksheets? They also have different meanings. Homonym Define Homonym at Dictionary com. The band was playing old Beatles songs. Homonyms are words that sound alike but have a different meaning. Homophone Worksheets. Address – Address. Here is a short list of homonyms that might help you get started: These Homonym Worksheets. We suggest using the menu above to find resources you are looking for. Here are some examples of words that are homonyms:eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'freewordwork_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_0',105,'0','0'])); When you introduce homonyms, it is helpful to give students time to discuss and learn as a class. What are some … Use homophones and homographs in sentences and identify the meaning of the different words in context. The search function is very limited and often shows no results when there actually are. Try these freebies: Thank you for visiting freewordwork.com! Same Sounds Flying - For the following pairs of sentences, write the two associated homonyms for each of the sentences. Students will be asked to choose the correct homonym using sentence context clues. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Homonym and Homophone Worksheets. Some teachers consider this only homophones. Homonyms words are given below with sample sentences: Can- Can: Can you throw these cans in the trash? Please help us keep the website Free and continue the work. There are 30 questions total on the worksheet below. To play this worksheet, click on the link below: https://www.turtlediary.com/worksheet/using-the-correct-homonym-to-complete-two-sentences.html, To know more about different worksheets, please visit www.turtlediary.com.