Fry tots on both sides until tots are golden brown. Using a 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon, scoop out 1/2 tbsp of mashed potato mixture and gently shape into a cylinder. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Bland and not a lot of flavor. Simplify, simplify, simplify Did you know? The best bit? This year, I plan on making a lot of mashed potato tots. appetizer Luckily there are plenty of chances to fix them. We love to eat, cook and travel for food. Your email address will not be published. Dipping Sauce It is difficult to find tator tots in HK so looking forward to making yours instead. Your email address will not be published. In a skillet add about 1/2 inch of oil. Which is why it’s a shame that more families don’t make them at home. The perfect way to get some extra greens into little bellies. Required fields are marked *. Copyright © 2008-2020 BroBible. / (350F). Pull the tater tots from the hot oil with a strainer and gently place them on a paper towel to drain. Tips & tricks to stay on track, look great, and feel your best. I think this is a GENIUS idea! The little golden cylinders are perfect for small hands, and they’re at home alongside almost any main course. Pop onto a baking sheet line with parchment paper, and continue until you have as many tots as you want, Serve hot with some homemade tomato ketchup. Roll them around the crumbs until the entire surface of the mashed potato ball is covered with panko. take a loaded teaspoon full of mashed potato; and voila you have your own homemade tater tots. my family will love these! Heat a small pot of oil to between 350-375 degrees F. Gently drop the tater tots into the hot oil and fry for about 1-2 minutes until they are hot and golden. Roll potatoes into tot shape. Pour panko bread crumbs onto a medium sized plate. 1 cup sour cream 365 Everyday Value, Panko Bread Crumbs, 8 oz “Because the tots have contact with the tin on most sides, they get nicely browned and crispy,” Whalen says. My favorite part of a good holiday party is the appetizers. Repeat with remaining tots. When it comes to tater tots, what’s not to like? There’s no need to stack all of your leftovers between bread and call it a Thanksgiving sandwich. In a large bowl, add potatoes, egg, cheese, and flour. A homemade version of tater tots, using leftover mashed potatoes instead of shredded potatoes. Instructions Oh thank you so much for your lovely words Lisa . Chill for 20 minutes before serving. WOW these tater tots >>>>>>>>> regular tater tots! Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. They’re creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. If you were around the other day, you would have noticed my recipe for Colcannon (aka Irish Potatoes). Was wondering, can I cook these in an air fryer? Terms | Privacy. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 1/21/2019. Thanks so much for sharing this on #shinebloghop! Repeat until potatoes are gone or you get sick of this shit. Kids tend to love anything that looks like tater tots (at least all the kids I know do), and will happily overlook the green bits hidden within. Thanks! They are the perfect healthier way to use leftover mashed potatoes! ","position":3,"name":"Use a melon baller to scoop out the...","url":"https:\/\/www.honeyandbirch.com\/baked-loaded-mashed-potato-tater-tots\/#mv_create_24_3"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Repeat until all the mashed potatoes are covered in panko, refilling the panko plate as needed. This really is the perfect recipe for the holidays. Use a melon baller to scoop out the mashed potato mixture and place the mashed potato ball into … Hi, I'm Donna. formId: '5e50121e8e126c002647111f', Then you can cook the frozen ones whenever you’re in the mood for some mashed potato tots. 32 %. Copyright © 2020 The Thirsty Feast | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, 365 Everyday Value, Panko Bread Crumbs, 8 oz. Posted on June 20, 2019 Categories Appetizers, recipe, Home » recipe » Appetizers » Baked Loaded Mashed Potato Tater Tots. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Baked Loaded Mashed Potato Tater Tots","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Jenny Bullistron"},"datePublished":"2018-08-22","recipeYield":24,"description":"Dip these baked loaded mashed potato tater tots into my creamy loaded potato dipping sauce. In a medium bowl mix together the cold mashed potatoes and the beaten eggs. Print Which means they’re healthier than any fried tater tots you may be craving. Copyright © 2020 Whole Food Bellies on the Brunch Pro Theme. ","position":5,"name":"Place in the oven and bake for 25...","url":"https:\/\/www.honeyandbirch.com\/baked-loaded-mashed-potato-tater-tots\/#mv_create_24_5"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. ","position":4,"name":"Repeat until all the mashed potatoes are covered...","url":"https:\/\/www.honeyandbirch.com\/baked-loaded-mashed-potato-tater-tots\/#mv_create_24_4"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, turning the tater tots once halfway through baking. Bake until the potatoes are brown at the edges, about 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and coat the tops with cooking spray. Enter the Loaded Baked Potato dip. Just keep this between us or Napoleon Dynamite is going to show up at your door. It turned out that my potato cylinder making skills are a little sub-par. Drop the potato mixture by the spoonful into the bowl of panko crumbs. 2 tablespoons cooked, finely chopped bacon Baker's Half Sheets Perfect for little fingers and using up leftovers. I would love it if you joined me on a journey of creating happy people and happier bellies by cutting down on the processed foods in our diets, and indulging instead in delicious whole foods. Drop the potato mixture by the spoonful into the bowl of panko crumbs. Mix until smooth and evenly combined. Dip future tot in egg mixture and quickly roll to coat. I am a tater to freak and these were not as good as the look. Heat a small pot of oil to between 350-375 degrees F. Gently drop the tater tots into the hot oil and fry for about 1-2 minutes until they are hot and golden. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 1/21/2019. }); I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.