12 Therefore from one man, and ahim as good as dead, were born descendants bas many as the stars of heaven and as many as the innumerable grains of sand by the seashore. 8 By faith qAbraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place rthat he was to receive as an inheritance.

Sorry, an error was encountered while loading the book. 10 and rthe rich in his humiliation, because slike a flower of the grass3 he will pass away. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”. Hebrews 13:5–6; Deuteronomy 31:6–8. Substantially the same expression is found in each of those places, and all of them contain the principle on which the apostle here relies, that God will not forsake his people. English Standard Version (ESV). Hebrews 13:5 5 Keep your life a free from love of money, and b be content with what you have, for he has said, c “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Read more Share Copy 6 But you ehave dishonored the poor man.

1 aJames, a servant1 of God and bof the Lord Jesus Christ.

f“My son, gdo not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord.

12 Therefore plift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, 2 For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. The particular reason here given for contentment is, that God has promised never to leave his people. 21 Indeed, dso terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I tremble with fear.”

Even uthe demons believe—and shudder!

15 Then desire xwhen it has conceived gives birth to sin, and ysin when it is fully grown brings forth death. 29 By faith bthe people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned. 25 nGrace be with all of you.

25 See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. Covetousness is the vice of old age.

Hebrews 13 English Standard Version (ESV) Sacrifices Pleasing to God.

The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. There are no less than five negatives in this short sentence, and these connected with two verbs and one pronoun twice repeated.

21 By faith nJacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, obowing in worship over the head of his staff. And j through his faith, though he died, he k still speaks. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. ESV MacArthur Study Bible, Personal Size Softcover, ESV Scripture Journal, Old and New Testament Sets, 46 Volumes, ESV Single Column Journaling Bible, Large Print, Mocha Bonded Leather, Proverbs, ESV Illuminated Scripture Journal, ESV MacArthur Study Bible--soft leather-look, olive with Celtic cross design. To cthe twelve tribes in dthe Dispersion: 2 eCount it all joy, my brothers,2 when you meet trials fof various kinds, 7 Remember fyour leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.

For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”.

9 But if you jshow partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

Hebrews 13:5 - ESV - Keep your life free from love of money, and be... Study verse in the English Standard Version

", Finding the new version too difficult to understand?

7 Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable hname by which you were called? 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. For he hath said - That is, God has said. 9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Learn more. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 13 Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear qthe reproach he endured.

The reason of the apostle's mentioning this sin of covetousness is, because the Jews were prone to it, and these believing Hebrews might be inclined to it, and be dissatisfied with their present condition, in which they suffered the spoiling of their goods; and besides, unless this was avoided, the above mentioned duties could not be performed aright, as brotherly love, hospitality, remembering and relieving persons in bonds, and adversity. This promise is made to those who are patiently bearing affliction or persecution for Christ's sake; and may be applied to any faithful soul in affliction, temptation, or adversity of any kind. 6:7, 8; [Phil. 12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and wsin which clings so closely, and xlet us run ywith endurance the race that is zset before us,

16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. 3 for you know that gthe testing of your faith hproduces steadfastness.

Sign up for an account to try it FREE for 30 days. 5 Keep your life (A)free from love of money, and (B)be content with what you have, for he has said, (C)“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we can confidently say, (D)“The Lord is my helper;    (E)I will not fear;what can man do to me?”.

19 and athe sound of a trumpet and a voice whose words bmade the hearers beg that no further messages be spoken to them.

The apostle, in referring to the same promises, feels authorized to strengthen the expressions, as the Christian dispensation affords more consolation and confidence in matters of this kind than the old covenant did. Those who understand the genius of the Greek language, and look at the manner in which these negatives are placed in the sentence, will perceive at once how much the meaning is strengthened by them, and to what an emphatic and energetic affirmative they amount. 1:5; [Ps.
21 hequip you with everything good that you may do his will, iworking in us2 that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, jto whom be glory forever and ever. 4:11]; See Matt. 6  For hthe Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”.

25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, othe law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, phe will be blessed in his doing.

It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus!