I’m Mexican and my family has always done this! I love how it makes the recipe lower in calories. Frozen peas, thawed in a lunchbox was a favorite food of my middle child. Transfer peas into a medium bowl and add lime juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and salt. I know a guacamole purist won’t like this idea, but my healthy guacamole recipe … meet brittany The peas add a subtle sweetness and give the guac a vibrant green color! ★☆. This healthy guacamole with frozen peas is lower in fat and calories, but tastes just as delicious as the real deal. Thanks Brittany! Thank you so much! It was still easy, once I cannibalized my old blender and my MIL’s blender to make one whole Osterizer. I loved this recipe. ★☆ Tag @eatingbirdfood on Instagram and hashtag it #eatingbirdfood. I made it yesterday for taco night and it had a different kind of flavour than regular guacamole, but my family and I loved it! Avocado is a healthy fat. haha. My whole family loved it and couldn’t believe there were peas in it. © 2020 Eating bird food • AN ELITE CAFEMEDIA FOOD PUBLISHERsite by Katelyn Calautti + Made to thrive. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other readers. Don’t sleep on this one! So so easy and delish, with a little less guilt about finishing the batch off between 3 friends. And yes, it doesn’t turn brown the next day because of the peas. But don’t worry, no one will be able to detect that you used peas in place of some of the avocado. I know a guacamole purist won’t like this idea, but my healthy guacamole recipe has a secret ingredient = frozen peas. This sounds like a great idea – would have never thought of it too! I know what you’re thinking… peas in guacamole, what?!? Wow, guacamole with frozen peas sounds like a great idea! I have never tried this before, but I am a lover of green peas and guacamole, so I am certain it will be a hit! Add avocado chunks to the bowl and mix well, mashing the avocado as you stir. Maybe because of the peas in it? I so appreciate it! Great idea! Whether it’s for my meal plans, my favorite recipes or just because you want to feel good, I’m so happy you’re here. Its much more balanced than normal guac! Thanks so much for trying it and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. Frozen peas are usually cheaper per serving than avocados too, and they keep guacamole a little more vibrant and green than just the plain guacamoles. Have you heard this,too? I only half watch the game. – I have dramatically reduced my sugar intake since we last talked! https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe Avocado is not easily available in India. Thanks for giving this recipe a try and I’m so glad it was a hit with your entire family. Made it today, I loved it, my son loved it and my anti-pea husband ate about half the bowl. Going out today to get everything needed to have it ready for tomorrows big game. This is fantastic!! P.S. The original recipe is actually from Rancho La Puerta, a resort and spa in Baja, California that I visited a few years ago. I’m so glad this guac was a hit with your family. I’m only in it for the snacks! Thanks for trying it, Heather and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. Subscribe to our list and get your free printable PDF of the 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan and Shopping List!