so trust me, only put 12 cookies on a baking sheet. Remove from oven immedietly- if overcooked cookies get HARD. The buttery coconut taste was warm and exotic. Coconut oil: Make sure the coconut oil is melted when preparing the oatmeal cookies.You can also swap out the coconut … That is a huge advantage! I don’t recommend quick oats for this recipe. Doesn’t that sound incredible? This is a loose cookie “dough,” as you can see in the video. (we like milk, but semi-sweet or dark work well too). leave me a comment below. These cookies are the most incredible I have ever had. Be careful not to overbake - it's easily done.. Maple Candied Coconut by Heather’s Dish, Coconut Ranger Cookies by Chocolate Chocolate and More, Coconut Macaroons by 365 Days of Baking and Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars by Love from the Oven are even more coconut recipes to try after you’ve made my Coconut Lover’s Oatmeal Cookies. This is an oatmeal cookie recipe without flour. It’s important to note that if you are gluten-free that you make sure that they are certified gluten-free because otherwise there could have been some gluten cross-contamination. Use premium chocolate chips for the best possible flavor. I used light brown sugar, cut the chocolate chips in half and added chopped walnuts. One cookie has about 115 calories! 5 secrets to easy, fast and delicious dinners. A chewy oatmeal cookie is always welcome on my snack plate. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Note there is a slight loss of texture with freezing already-baked cookies. Steel-cut oats are cut 2 to 3 times with a steel blade (hence the name). They’re delightfully bite sized treats packet with coconut flavor. I’ve also been eyeing the recipe for Coconut Baked French Toast with Oatmeal Crumble I found over on Foodie Crush. Quick-cooking rolled oats are rolled flatter and steamed even longer; Instant oats are rolled and steamed even more than that. Honey: These oatmeal cookies are perfectly sweet with a little bit of honey.You can also substitute maple syrup if you’d rather. Give our Pineapple and Coconut Baked Oatmeal recipe a try to add a tropical twist to your next breakfast! Recipe by Barb G. My grand-daughter sent me this recipe she says they are delicious. Stir in the coconut. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Coconut Oatmeal Cookies Compelled To Cook. ], Sweet Potato Egg Boats with Avocado Crema and Bacon. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. * I shortened the cooking time until the cookies appeared baked on the sides and still moist in the middle. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. The flavor you get is up to you — any and all work in these cookies (white, semi-sweet, milk, dark, or bittersweet). Flatten the cookies, so they are 3/4″ thick and bake for 10 minutes. Easy fix, use some maple syrup. Coconut Oatmeal Cookies Author All recipes on jenniferskitchen.com are property of Jennifer's Kitchen and cannot be included in any other recipes collection, online or offline, without prior written permission. I may even add some more oatmeal and coconut so that the cookie … This is a loose cookie “dough.” You’ll need to press the cookies together slightly with your hands after scooping them onto the cookie sheet. The oatmeal coconut cookies were so good that I found them completely irresistible. I followed the recipe except that I added cinnamon per others' suggestions and added semi-sweet chocolate chips to half the dough. . Scoop 2 tablespoon portions onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. In a large bowl combine oat flour, rolled oats, coconut palm sugar, coconut flakes, salt and spices. A recipe for Healthy and Vegan Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies. https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/coconut-lovers-oatmeal-cookies-recipe Coconut oil acts very similarly to butter when baked resulting in a flaky, moist cookie. Add coconut. For healthy oatmeal cookies banana edition, don’t miss my Banana Oatmeal Cookies… Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. The oats are extra important here! Filed Under: Bakery, Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert Tagged With: Cookies, Healthy, oatmeal. I’ll be honest, I try not to post finicky recipes. Welcome to my kitchen! Drop on greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Start off by preparing a baking sheet and preheating the oven. * I added a little extra oatmeal as previous reviewers suggested. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In addition to all the nutrients and antioxidants, oatmeal is also naturally gluten-free. I use (kosher) fine sea salt. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. These cookies ROCK! Fold in Add-in Ingredients. I halved the recipe and made four minor changes: If you want or need to store them longer, store them in the freezer for up to three months. The dough was quite wet so I chilled it for about an hour. Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, oil-free peanut butter oatmeal breakfast cookies, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies, Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Applesauce Muffins, Good Morning Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free), Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies, 1-bowl Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars. I halved the recipe and made four minor changes: Everything about these oatmeal coconut cookies is delicious. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a medium-large cookie scoop and flatten to about ¾’’ thickness. These cookies are fantastic!!! A recipe for Healthy and Vegan Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies.