These Supercarb muffins get drizzled with melted chocolate and will actually keep you full until lunch. I also add 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal and sub unsweetened applesauce for the oil. These were VERY good, perfectly sweet, moist and slightly chewy and packed with all kinds of yummy goodies. Unfortunately, they come out super soggy and mushy. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins 1 Carrot cake meets muffins in this healthy breakfast recipe. Mix brown sugar, oats, coconut, pecans, cherries, cinnamon, salt, and ginger into flour mixture until all ingredients are coated in flour. Many of these recipes pack on the fiber and whole grains (some even add a little protein with the addition of oats! SO good! We strongly believe there's always room for a little cream cheese frosting in a balanced diet. I love the color, texture and taste of these moist muffins! Impress your Valentine with our romantic breakfast recipes. Customize with your favorite nuts or seeds, zucchini or squash, cooked sweet potato, raisins or cranberries, etc. I felt great about letting my daughter eat these for dinner because of all the veggies and fruit. Get the recipe from Running with Spoons ». Congrats! Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta-Buttermilk Pancakes. Mexican-inspired recipes to help you start the day the right way. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. These whole grain-packed baked goods can be topped off with any fruit you have in your fridge: apples, berries, peaches, you name it. You won't have to think twice next time you're contemplating a comfort food feast. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Also, another reviewer said she used 2-3 cups shredded zucchini as one zucchini's worth. All rights reserved. Grab a spoon because we're here for the long haul, guys. Fancy a freshly-baked muffin that won't derail your diet? When I make them again, I will plan of freezing some, as I'm sure they will freeze well! No butter, no oil, and so ridiculously fluffy. In all three I did omit the shredded coconut and dried fruit, because our family is not a fan of either. Wonderful flavor! With all the nutritious ingredients I feel good about giving them to my two year old who gobbles them up! I know zucchini and banana breads are moist, but these were so moist that they almost seemed raw. It's what's on the inside that counts — and gooey, chocolatey muffins are packed with fresh zucchini. I got twelve biggish muffins out of one recipe. RELATED: 55 Quick and Easy Healthy Breakfasts for Your Busiest Mornings. I will definitely make this again and again! I would stick with that, as long as you increase the flour. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups. ), and help you stay on the path toward a filling and healthy lunch, and a light dinner, too.Top tip: Make a big batch of your favorite flavor (we might even make two varieties) over the weekend and put them in the freezer. You decide. Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until just combined. They freeze very well but between myself my husband and daughter they are usually gone before I get a chance to freeze any for later! Whole … Thank you for sharing this recipe! These muffins barely rise, so fill your muffin tins completely. They're basically a Reese's in muffin form. These have a lightly sweet flavor and lots of wholesome ingredients to get your day started. You saved Hearty Breakfast Muffins to your.