Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito and enjoy! YES! Log in. I came across this recipe and thought that I could make it using Vegetarian Ground Beef (I prefer Boca). I wish I could give this 4.5 stars because it's dangerously close to a 5-star recipe but it's not quite there. chile paste ( I didn't have paste so I used Sriracha Chili sauce) wisk. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Simply heat some oil and dunk a small handful of noodles at a time...they crisp up in a couple of seconds. (It has a strong flavor & if it's missing won't quite taste the same as PF Chang's but don't over do it!) ), Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice or Cilantro Lime Rice, Optional: 1 can diced water chestnuts – this could be used instead of or in addition to the carrots. They are sturdy enough but much smaller than iceberg and have a vibrant green color so they make the perfect appetizer ingredient or the perfect size for kids. PF Chang sauce: 1t. Healthy Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups Tyson. I've been eating lettuce wrap at many Chinese restaurants since I was a little kid so I have over 3 decades worth of eating this stuff. sesame oil 2T. I made an asian dipping sauce to add on like at PF Changs (1tsp sesame oil 2T soy 2T rice vinegar 1T chile paste sugar and i green onion slices). I highly recommend the use of lime + cilantro when serving!! The plum sauce and PF Chang sauce recipes posted were the finshing touch needed to complete this recipe. If using cauliflower rice or regular rice, ensure it is being cooked and ready to go at this time as well. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. lean ground beef, sea salt, soy sauce, dried chili peppers, extra-virgin olive oil and 8 more. Spread a bit on the meat mixture when eating--tastes amazing. Squeeze lime juice on top, add green onion and cilantro. You could also sub ground turkey for the beef, but just be aware that turkey has a milder flavor so you may need to adjust the flavoring so taste as you go. For serving these as an appetizer I used the leaves from butter (Bibb) lettuce. Except for substituting ground beef for ground pork and omitting the pickled ginger (since I didn't have any in the house) I made no changes to the recipe. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little. If I could give 7 stars I would! The Best Homemade Dry Rub (Paleo + Whole30). it will thicken quickly, about 1 minute. I'm definitely going to make these again (they're really easy to make by the way) and will also pass on the recipe! 388 calories; protein 23.4g 47% DV; carbohydrates 24.3g 8% DV; fat 22.3g 34% DV; cholesterol 68.9mg 23% DV; sodium 579.6mg 23% DV. Drain and discard grease; transfer beef to a bowl. Loved it! I will place this recipe in my favorites for sure. You saved Asian Lettuce Wraps to your. Add garlic and ginger; stir to allow them to cook until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. (I HIGHLY recommend using lime juice and cilantro with this – it completes the dish and tastes SO good! It was easy to make and fairly healthy so it went over well. Set aside. I was looking for a good recipe besides our normal pasta veggie burgers fruit and veggies. To serve take a piece of butter lettuce and top if rice (if using) and then some ground beef mixture. As a suggestion try serving the meat over a bed of crispy rice noodles (vermicelli) as I've seen done in many restaurants. Once ground beef is cooked and Toppings are ready add Sauce mixture to ground beef and mix on medium-high heat. I used ground chicken and subbed bamboo shoots for the chestnuts bc i wanted the added crunch...they turned out delicious! Thai Beef Lettuce Cups Tia Mowry. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chile pepper sauce into onions. I would have LOVED to have those nice crunchy noodle-y things but once I heard they are fried in oil I had to say "no thanks!" In trying to be more like those at PF Changs I used chicken instead of beef. Cook and stir beef and cooking oil in the hot skillet until … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. iceberg lettuce, water chestnuts, large carrot, red bell pepper and 8 more. Next time I think I'll add some bean sprouts. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. 1 dash Asian chile pepper sauce, or to taste (Optional), 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped. Your email address will not be published. I've tried many different variations and can attest that this recipe is top-notch. My husband loved it and said it was very impressive. Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center. It worked out perfectly. I also made extra sauce on the side: 1/4 c plum sauce a tbsp OJ 1/2 tsp cornstarch 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce--boil for 1 minute and let cool.