Add the apples to a large casserole dish. We can't get enough of apple desserts. However, you don’t want to make them so thin that they fall apart. It’s so easy. Does anyone here (or Gina) think those would work? Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors, so you should independently verify it. I actually just made this for breakfast!! And soooo easy that my 5 year old did most of the work. Brush top with beaten egg white. I’ve made this a few times with different apples (Fuji, Gala, and Honeyscrip). My new favorite dessert! About 7 minutes to read this article. Mine are in the oven now. I also used only half the amount of brown sugar and made up the rest using Stevia in the Raw. and I don't bake! Honeycrisp is another good variety. Love all of your recipes , Oh-My-Goodness these were fantastic. It’s very easy to polish it off. Cut the apple into 12 1/4-inch slices, discarding the core, as shown in the video below. Whisk egg yolk and milk together; mix into flour. Thank you! Crust: Mix flour and salt. It's down-home, country-style cooking! To make this dairy-free, you can use coconut oil in place of butter. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients together well. Really delicious and satisfying dessert – it’s not a stretch to say it tastes a lot like apple pie, only healthy! At the top of the actual recipe, there is a gray box that says “Print Recipe.” This gives a version of the recipe that is easy to print! If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog then let us know how you got on in the comments below, we love hearing from you!Tag us in your creations on Instagram @hungryhealthyhappy - we love sharing photos when people make our recipes. I simply cut it into quarters around the core, then slice the quarters. Mix gently until each apple is coated with the mixture. To make these healthy baked sliced apples in the crockpot, you will need to add 2 tablespoons of water to the apples to help them from sticking to the bottom of the crockpot. Your email address will not be published. When you turn the slices, midway through baking, sprinkle them with the remaining cinnamon. Let's get started... First, you'll need 4 apples. They were stoked that it was low calorie and I was stoked to find something to like as much as I like cobblers or crisps. In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Mix well and bake for 30 minutes. I wondered what to make with a big bunch of apples in my kitchen. This was the perfect dessert. Thank you for your many great recipes! For instance, offer a warm bowl of baked apples with this 4-Ingredient Pork Loin Roast, with these Stuffed Pork Chops, with a Crispy Roast Chicken, or alongside this Maple-Glazed Roasted Turkey Breast. Gina,Do you know if these are okay for reheating? There’s nothing sweeter than a short list of ingredients, don’t you agree? Seriously Delicious!! Squeeze the juice of a lemon over the apples. Success! Cut them in half, add your toppings and bake 30 minutes. Filed Under: Snack Recipes Last updated on September 14, 2020, The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. Baked apples topped with oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. *. Thanks Gina . Love the simplicity of your baked apples...will make again :). I love your site and just made this last night at a friends house. Thank you! This sounds great for breakfast with yogurt! And these baked pears are incredibly good, and very easy to make. Regular oats would work, raisins would also make a nice addition. My 3 year old helped me prepare it! The crock pot version is wonderful! Apples & cinnamon go so well together, but it was the ice cream on top that did it for me. of Wilton's butter flavoring to add the buttery taste. I follow points plus myself so it’s so nice to come here with the points figured out. You don't want the skin to be too tough. Yum! Give the apples a good stir to coat all of the slices with the melted butter and seasoning, then serve warm. Bigelow tea is packaged in foil packaging for freshness and a third generation family business where they pride themselves on creating quality tea in fun and unique flavors! But these were sooo good, don't know why we didn't think of doing something so simple for snack time before – will be making a regular appearance this fall! They include heart-healthy fiber and many essential vitamins. A simple, low fat, healthy dessert for a cool autumn evening, serve this a la mode for an extra special treat! You can also subscribe without commenting. Established in 2011, Hungry Healthy Happy has become one of the UK's most popular food and lifestyle blogs. It is calculated using the SparkPeople.com recipe calculator and the carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Add some extra crunch by sprinkling them with crushed pecans. Oh. Try adding a splash of vanilla extract! Arrange them in the pan in a single layer. #TeaProudly #FallforBigelow #CollectiveBias. Also, what about microwaving the apples instead of baking? Melissa, I love that you put your photo, thanks for posting! Please read the disclaimers in our. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I like to think of the apples in the same way that I would use applesauce. Copyright © 2020. Take the apples out of the oven, stir with a spoon. © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. My family couldn’t get enough of this. One of my favorite recipes – so easy and delicious! I almost forgot! . Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Can I convert this to my instant pot? i made this the other night with jonathan apples and it was SO Tasty and Easy to boot! keep it going, thank you for doing this, you have inspired me to cook and now cook ww recipes!!! I'm a bit of a lazy cook, sonthe simpler the better! Just 6 ingredients and only 30 minutes in the oven and you will have yourself a hearty dessert that the whole family will love. It saves even more time & is yummy!!!!! She ate a whole serving w/ coconut ice cream. I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a square 8-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. I have 7 apples that I picked on Sunday and I need to do something with 2 of them because I only need 5 to make a pie haha! That's so good to hear, Madison! Here's the link…, http://mindingmyweigh.blogspot.com/2010/09/ginas-skinny-recipes.html. This was awesome and so easy to make. Want the new recipes in your inbox. Cook for 4-5 hours on the lowest setting. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! I'm going to try these this weekend as I just joined WW and a bit overwhelmed on the points program…thanks for posting! Thanks! Any pointers? Just 6 ingredients and only 30 minutes in the oven and you will have yourself a … I think it’s unnecessary. I was just thinking about baked apples! I've been searching for a recipe just like this!! Serve the baked apples with oatmeal or stir them into yogurt. The topping was amazing but my Fuji apple wasn't very soft. There's something so nostalgic about loading up buckets full of fresh apples at the orchard each year, but then you're faced with the task of deciding how to enjoy them all! You can skip the butter if you wish, by the way. That’s it! Also made your apple crisp recipe last week which is DELICIOUS! While I love a good homemade pumpkin spice latte, there is nothing like warming up with a cup of hot tea on a cool morning, enjoying family and friends for a casual brunch or afternoon gathering! I had everything to make it and just did it as soon as I read this! These healthy sliced baked apples are going to become your new family favorite!