- Basic English Bible Psalm 91:2 (WYC) He shall say to the Lord, Thou art mine up-taker, and my refuge; my God, I shall hope in him. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” That passage may possibly have touched the imagination of this psalmist, when he here employs the same general metaphor, but with a distinct and significant difference, He was then taken to the pinnacle of the Temple, and the tempter said to him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down; thou art sure of aid by a miracle from God;" and quoted, literally, in application, the words of Psa. All else for ever lost--forgotten all That else can be; In rapture undisturbed, O Lord, to fall …Frances Bevan—Hymns of Ter Steegen, Suso, and Others, EvensongGerhard Ter Steegen Ps. You are my God; in you I trust. All the terms to express safety and peace indicate the most undoubting confidence (compare Psalms 18:2 , 20:1 , 22:5 ). “My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Wisdom shall keep them from being afraid without cause, and faith shall keep them from being unduly afraid. I trust in you and I'm safe! He shall live long enough; till he has done the work he was sent into this world for, and is ready for heaven. ), Psalm 91:2 (YLT) Such as do so abide or lodge secure from assaults, and can well use the terms of trust in Psalms 91:2 . They looked on night, as we do, as a blessed time of rest and peace for men, in which the beasts of, 'Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.' xci. You are my God—the one I trust! 9-12. David is the most probable author; and the pestilence, mentioned in 2Sa 24:13-15, the most probable of any special occasion to which the Psalm may refer. He is my refuge, He is my solace, He is my shelter from every storm. will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust. Psalm 91:2 (ESV) set his love--that of the most ardent kind. ", Say this: "God, you're my refuge. When the Provincial refused us, my confessor bade me forthwith to think no more of it, notwithstanding the great trouble and distress which …Teresa of Avila—The Life of St. Teresa of Jesus, 'Deliver us from Evil''But deliver us from evil.'--MATT. God's people shall see, not only God's promises fulfilled, but his threatenings. Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. 4. The one is so tranquil, the other so full of woe and want. ", can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. Psalm 91:2 (JUB) You are my God—the one I trust! Thank you Bendito, Yes I now Agree. 91:1 He - He that makes God his habitation and refuge.91:3 Pestilence - From the pestilence, which like a fowler's snare takes men suddenly and unexpectedly. The holy spirit reveals who the Father and the son are (1 Corinthians 12:3). I say of Jehovah, My refuge and my fortress; my God, I will confide in him. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust . 4 Take me, Jesus, to Thy breast; Folded close in warmth and rest, Keep me near to Thee; Silenced in the bliss profound Of the love that wraps me round, Every care shall be. ", who say to ADONAI, "My refuge! The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. ", Psalm 91:2 (RSVA) This exemption from evil is the result of trust in God, who employs angels as ministering spirits ( Hebrews 1:14 ). My God, in Him I will trust.”. --PSALM xci. will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.". I say to the LORD, "You are my refuge, my stronghold! 91:1-8 He that by faith chooses God for his protector, shall find all in him that he needs or can desire. In this verse, which is the first of the final portion of the psalm, we have a third voice--the voice of God Himself, which …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture, The Sheltering Wing'He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.' And though the winds blow, and though the storms come,    He keeps me safe and warm: He is my refuge. This my prayer warrior prayer and His word is true say it daily and nightly. See catalog of sister sites. will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust. I will say of Hashem, He is my refuge and my fortress; Elohai (my G-d); in Him will I trust. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. 16. show him--literally, "make him see" ( Psalms 50:23 , Luke 2:30 ). 13. You may see, if you will read your Bible, that the night is spoken of in the Old Testament much as we speak of it now, as a beautiful and holy thing. They by prayer constantly call upon him. Verses 9-16 Whatever happens, nothing shall hurt the believer; though trouble and affliction befal, it shall come, not for his hurt, but for good, though for the present it be not joyous but grievous. Psalm 91:2 (WEB) He was then taken to the pinnacle of the Temple, and the tempter said to him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down; thou art sure of aid by a miracle from God;" and quoted, literally, in application, the words of Psa. (1-8) Their favour with Him. Call Jehovah thy salvation, Rest beneath the Almighty's shade, In his secret habitation Dwell, and never be dismay'd: There no tumult shall alarm thee, Thou shalt dread no hidden snare, Guile nor violence can harm thee In eternal safeguard there. World English Bible I will say of Yahweh, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust." Our Lord Consoles the Saint. by night--then aggravated. 7, 8. ", Psalm 91:2 (NIRV) will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust. How good it is, redeemed, and washed, and shriven, To dwell, a cloistered soul, with Christ in heaven, Joined, never more to part! God shall charge his angel legions Watch and ward o'er thee to keep: Though thou walk through hostile regions, Though in desert wilds thou sleep. (b) Being assured of this protection, he prays to the Lord. Psalm 91:2 (KJVA) I say of Jehovah, My refuge and my fortress; my God, I will confide in him. 3. snares . (b) Being assured of this protection, he prays to the Lord. ", Psalm 91:2 (CJB) Great security is promised to believers in the midst of danger. ", He shall say to the Lord, Thou art mine up-taker, and my refuge; my God, I shall hope in him. "- New American Standard Version (1995)I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust.- American Standard Version (1901)Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope.- Basic English BibleI say of Jehovah, My refuge and my fortress; my God, I will confide in him.- Darby BibleI will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. When the matter was in this state--so near its conclusion, that on the very next day the papers were to be signed--then it was that the Father Provincial changed his mind. (9-16). If have I'm willing to receive thanks. The changes of person allowable in poetry are here frequently made. They rejoiced to consider the heavens, the work of God's fingers, the moon and the stars, which he had ordained. There are 3 that bear witness in heaven and all are one(1 John 5:7). ", I will say to the LORD , "My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!