Jonathan Since then I've tasted quite a few rums, but this is the one I return to the most. Articles on Refined Vices that may interest you:Master Blender of all Master Blender's Don José Navarro Part IMaster Blender of all Master Blender's Don José Navarro Part IIHave you tried Havana Club Añejo 7 Años? Review: Havana Club Añejo 7 Años 83.5/100 a review By Chip Dykstra (Aka Arctic Wolf) Re-published with slight revisions (January 14, 2016) The subject of my review is Havana Club Añejo 7 Años. It is an authentic Cuban Rum. To read more of Chip’s work, check out the Rum Howler Blog. The next time I am in that mood, this will be the rum I sip. Thanks so much for submitting a report. First posted 19 June 2010 on Liquorature. From the second largest Hawaiian island, Maui, comes rum handcrafted by Braddah Kimo at Haleakala Distillers. If you like Bourbon this will suit you. Added sugar is only 5gpl. Love it! This is not a clean, crisp rum barreled in American oak and bottled with that smooth tinge of left over bourbon. Your email address will not be published. Usually I would find a screw cap to be a bit of a disappointment but the screw top is good quality and unusually it adds to the overall presentation. The Irish pub in Berlin where my brother and … “A burly bartender, who looks like he can handle whatever trouble comes his way, wipes the sweat from his brow, and then with the same towel wipes the bar-top.” Like a scene out of a pirate film. Forced 20% gratuity for terrible service. It reminds me of the 1930s with its red, black and gold coloured label. We decided to leave and asked for check. A girl sits on a boardwalk stage, singing slightly out of key, as the patrons in the tavern pay more attention to their stories than to her. Ever since it ran dry I’ve wanted another, tried the Puerto Rican Havana club and it just doesn’t compare. The bottle is sealed with a screw cap, but for some reason I cannot imagine a cork on the bottle. I love the Havana club 7 just picked up 2 bottles today for my stockpile, one of the best value rums out there. Tasty, but not quite great, Posted I'm not yet adept at going into particulars in terms of specific tasting notes, but I will say that this is quite a delicious, light rum, though it's flavour is somewhat understated. Yes, please! It's not sweet, has typical cuban notes wood, leather, a bit smokey. Perfect to drink by itself, with ice or even with your favourite mixer. Cigars: A real Cuban cigar of course , but a lighter one – a natural wrapper Upmann corn or smaller would do nicely. by New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Required fields are marked *. United Kingdom United Kingdom Hot oak spices provide a bridge between the bitter and the sweet, but it is and odd union, with a certain metallic strangeness attached to the flavours that is hard to identify, but there nonetheless. This is an authentic Cuban Rum so I thought I would suggest  a bar drink called the, Cuban Special: 2 Oz Cuban Rum (Havana Club 7 Year old Rum), Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass, 1 Oz Cuban Rum (Havana Club 7 Year old Rum), Garnish with grated bittersweet Chocolate. Havana Club 15 has long been the companies most premium rum. The rum ain’t half bad either. It reminds me of the 1930s with its red, black and gold coloured label. Havana Club was sold in the USSR and Eastern Bloc countries almost exclusively for a number of years and rarely seen outside of Cuba or those areas. almost 3 years ago Review: Havana Club 7 – 83.5/100 with with by Final Thoughts: A nicely done expression that captures the depth and complexity that a rum can achieve whilee still maintaining a freshness and a definite Cuban terrior. The rums I have tried and enjoyed so far are Mount Gay XO and Rhum Vieux Labbé 3 stars, as well as Soul Cachaca. With continuous aging. rumfan69 55 ratings. Click to read reviews of the Platinum, Gold, Dark and the Reserve Gold rums. Ok, first I will apologize for the use of that much-scorned descriptor: "Smooth". It is an authentic Cuban Rum. If I had to nitpick something, part of the sweetness in the profile tastes “fake” in a synthetic sugar sort of way, which not everyone might like. Suffice it to say, if you buy Havana Club outside of the US, it is probably the Pernod Ricard brand, and if you buy it within the borders of the US,  it will be the Bacardi brand. Doug A damn fine rum for the money. Posted from This is not a clean, crisp rum barreled in American oak and bottled with that smooth tinge of left over bourbon. Have you found an online vendor selling Havana Club ? In the end, after lots of lawyers have made a ton of money, the matter may finally be resolved…or not. The rum ain’t half bad either. Click to read reviews of the 10YO, 15YO and 20YO rums. It is for me the most drunk rum, known by almost everyone. I studied abroad last summer and while in Europe I tried as many Cuban products as I could, and ended up bringing a bottle of Havana club 7 back home. Havana Club 7 Anos is presented in an unusual tall sleek black bottle. United States There is nothing negative to say about it. This is a favoured rum, I enjoy it a lot, one of my regular ones. with by Review Type: Full Bottle (Yet my wife drank most of it in mojitos). There are better rums, like Tributo 2016, but I have found no better rum in this price range. Havana Club rum is still made in Cuba - where the company was founded by José Arechabala in 1878 and then nationalized in 1959 after the Cuban Revolution. from 4 ratings. I find it dry and well balanced and not sweet at all in regards to others in this price range, which is part of the reason I enjoy it. Thank-you for your submission. at The Havana Club 7 year old rum arrives in a tall slender brown bottle. To the nose, the rum is a bit strong and alcoholic at first, but forthwith comes complex aromas of prune or raisin, and the smell of burnt sugar. Leathery tobacco crouches in the smoke adding a slightly bitter counter punch to the molasses sweetness. 3 years ago You can grab a bottle for about 20 quid and it definitely holds its own against bottles twice that price. (20/25), P- Sweet toffee banana, juicy tropical fruits, direct and tasty, balance with fine oak fragrant. Luckily the burn isn’t bad and very short. It’s a fascinating legal squabble, and the stakes are high. The sweetness from the molasses has become cloying, and the oak spice carries more odd flavours of grassy green tobacco and subtle hints of sulpher. Rating this rum less than 6 is a shame, or it comes from sugar lovers :), Posted with (19/25), F- Short, pleasantly sweet oak-y caramel, honey and marmalade, some orange and lemon peels. Surrounded by all these complex aromas, I can almost detect a hint of vanilla but only for a moment before my senses are overwhelmed by the aromas again. However I disagree on the sweetness, what comparatively do you find it sweet to? I was intrigued by his suggestion. It is dark and rich and carries a full round flavour profile compared to other rums in its price range. 3 years ago by This rum has become widely available in markets outside of the US, including where I live in Alberta, Canada. Wekke It seems that you have already subscribed to this list. Taste: Oily entry, lighter than the Havana Club Selección de Maestros in mouthfeel and style, with a lighter but nicely oily body, sweet to start then a rapid drying and pleasant woody notes with layers of spice, followed by a bit of sweetness then a long fade that is semi dry and teasing you for more.