While not necessary, soft-boiled eggs add a silky richness to the dish. And then, lucky me, that morphed into an awesome sinus infection. This recipe looks amazing, and I love that you used the noodles. Obviously, using a rich, homemade stock will make a big difference in the flavor of your soup, but the boxed stuff gets the job done, too. All rights reserved. Next, in a 4-quart saucepan, bring the chicken broth, water, bouillon cubes, remaining 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and sliced ginger to a boil over medium heat. Your dish is much better I am sure! While the meat starts to release its porky goodness, slice the scallions and quarter the bok choy. Ramen noodles in a spicy broth topped with bok choy, mushrooms, and sliced pork. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. ), you can make a bowl of just-as-savory and just-as-flavorful ramen—from scratch. Place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes prior to slicing. Serve the soup topped with the pork, carrot, radishes, cilantro, and scallion greens. I’m not really sure on Brooks ramen noodles, I just used normal packaged ramen noodles (I think the brand was maruchan). In a skillet, brown the pork in the remaining oil over high heat, stirring for about 3 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Deglaze with chicken stock or broth (this would be a great time for the homemade stuff! Freeze pork: it is much easier to slice pork (or any protein) if it is partially frozen. So much delicious flavor in this recipe! A little longer than “instant,” but still full of flavor. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Boil for a minute, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. That one bowl of pork ramen I had was so good that I specifically went back to that same restaurant I had gotten it at when I returned to Japan many years later. Sprinkle with the scallion greens and an optional dabble of Sriracha. As I sat there eating the soup digging my spoon into the discombobulated Wontons, I remembered the time I made this soup and had more pork mixture than I did Wonton wrappers. Cook for 2 minutes. Poach eggs. ingredients: 1 lb. The spicy pork ramen will be your new favorite ramen recipe! . Guys, 2014 has been rough! I can have my flavorful pork meatballs with Ramen noodles and eat them too! A heady bowl of heaven is just 22 minutes away. Add the broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Wait a minute! I am feeling a lot better, Anna. Make sure to squeeze all the ingredients together and combine well. Add in green onions, mushrooms, and bok choy to the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. ~ I had a few brown bits and scallions from the meatballs floating around too yum! Real Simple is part of the Meredith Home Group. Ramen noodles in a spicy broth topped with bok choy, mushrooms, and sliced pork. Large pieces of blanched bok choy add a nice visual and textural contrast. In both ears. To me, pork is so much better when it is browned. Expert tips to improve your skin complexion and texture, 2 boneless pork chops (1/2 inch thick; about 1/2 pound total), 8 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated, 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced, 2 3-ounce packages ramen noodles (discard the seasoning packets), All products and services featured are selected by our editors. Sprinkle with the green onions and cilantro, if desired. I cant wait to go find some and try this ramen! Season the pork with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season the pork with the salt and pepper and … Ramen noodles in a spicy broth topped with bok choy, mushrooms, and sliced pork. Meanwhile, heat a separate large pot over medium-high flame, add the meatballs and cook until nicely browned; about 10 minutes. We live on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in Virginia. Recipes with the "Healthy Pick" stamp have been evaluated by a registered dietitian member of the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec. 1.5 teaspoons fresh minced ginger. Thinly sliced, perfectly cooked, juicy pork tenderloin and an egg with a gloriously runny egg yolk, crunchy Asian greens, and flavorful mushrooms, all swimming in a scrumptious and flavor-packed ramen noodle broth. Browned pork. Ramen is one of my favorite meals! Presenting a new way to party together—virtually. With just 22 minutes to build flavor, I had to pull out the big guns. These all-in-one recipes are wholesome, simple and affordable. A 30-something gal, living, cooking, and eating in Seattle! Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. To finish the dish, I sprinkled bright basil and pungent scallions on top, and served sesame oil and Sriracha on the side for drizzling. This Asian inspired Pork Ramen Noodle Soup has caramelized pork meatballs and ramen noodles in a rich broth flavored with soy sauce and warm ginger. I tried cooking carrots and zucchini in the broth, but preferred shredding them and pouring the broth over the raw vegetables so they softened slightly but remained crunchy and fresh. Heck, you can even use spaghetti if that's what you have! There would be very little work and I would still get the same rich hearty soup I craved. Start with hot water and cover the pot so it will come to a boil faster (and don't forget to season liberally with salt!). Copyright © 2020 Mildly Meandering on the Foodie Pro Theme. Combine the pork, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the grated ginger, scallion whites, rice wine, cornstarch, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and mix gently by hand, like you would a meatloaf. 315 calories; fat 8g; saturated fat 2g; cholesterol 40mg; sodium 782mg; protein 24g; carbohydrates 37g; sugars 4g; fiber 5g; iron 1mg; calcium 42mg. But in my version, the meat is simmered right in the broth, which infuses the stock with extra flavor and, again, saves time. I think those packets are 90% salt. Is it really better than using a credit card? I saw a Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Fresh Pork Loin Filet in the meat department and just knew it would be the perfect star of a bowl of ramen! Serves 4. Divide the cabbage and mushroom slices among the bowls. I hope you will like this Pork Ramen Noodle Soup as much as we did! this website. Not wanting to waste the meat, I decided to roll up the extra meat mixture into a few meatballs and brown them and drop the meatballs into my soup. How To Make Pork Ramen Noodle Soup First, combine the pork, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the grated ginger, scallion whites, rice wine, cornstarch, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and mix … 4 garlic cloves, minced. With spring right around the corner, my life has been getting so hectic so the quicker a meal is to make, the better! These simple stretches reduce muscle tension and stiffness. Did you try this recipe? Please visit our, Follow Ricardo's TV show on Radio-Canada.ca (available in French only), © 2020 Ricardo Media Inc. All rights reserved. My absolute favorite type of ramen is pork ramen. Add the noodles and boil, adding the bok choy during the last minute of cooking (no need for a separate pot), then drain and rinse with cool water to halt carryover cooking. Homemade ramen is on my want to make list!! Divide the noodles into four bowls and cover with the hot broth. Then, get your noodle water going right away. Don't skip the egg! There is a price rollback until April 24th so go try it out! ground pork; salt and pepper to taste ; 1 T. ginger paste; 1 T. garlic paste; 1 bunch scallions. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Great time on using up that pork in sandwiches! Looking for even better ways to top your ramen? 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is made with real ingredients and 100% fresh pork. Noodles. Learn how your comment data is processed. Creamy Polenta With Mushrooms{A Meatless Monday Recipe, Smoked Baby Back Ribs On A Charcoal Grill, Pioneer Tomato Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe, Cream of Mushroom Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe. Traditional ramen, with it's flavorful broth, takes a lot of time to make, but I'm not opposed to quick at-home versions that you can whip up on weeknight. I will admit that up until recently I had only eaten ramen from the $0.25 instant packets int the store. Shiitake mushrooms would be best in this recipe but I used the generic mushrooms at my local grocer as those were all they had. Since I was trying to build flavor in a short amount of time, I relied on the seasoning power of four umami boosters to get the job done: savory dried mushrooms, funky miso paste, salty soy sauce, and spicy Sriracha hot sauce. Or a sick night. Your email address will not be published. Ground pork substitute: brown the pork in the soup pot, transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon, then use the drippings to sauté the aromatics. Delicious Easy Pork Ramen in 30 minutes! I brown up my country breakfast sausage until it is crusty and on the verge of turning black. Divide bok choy among bowls, and then ladle on pork and broth. You can do this in a separate pot of simmering water, or you can poach them in the simmering broth (it will be a bit more difficult to scoop them out, with the pork in there, but it's easy enough. In college I was known to eat a few?! Perhaps I cooked them too long…. Place a large casserole pan on the hob, add 1 tbsp of the oil and heat until very hot. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias. Season the pork with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.