. Place lentils in a saucepan, cover with stock, bring to boil and then simmer covered until all stock is almost absorbed and lentils are tender. Lentils are high in fiber, one cup of cook lentils contains 15.6 grams of fiber. My husband Bjork and I live in Minnesota. Enjoy your day. Thank yo so much!!!! Main course. HA! You go girl! Add the chopped carrots, crushed tomatoes, and coconut milk. As for self diagnosing, I totally need to stop that too, haha. Place lentils, bulgur, 2 cups water, curry paste, and turmeric in a medium saucepan. Tammy, thank you so much. I’m gluten sensitive so appreciation is high. For the curry powder, you can use my Easy Curry Powder Recipe or you can use Chief Curry Powder for a Caribbean flavor. I didn’t have a scotch bonnet so I used two habaneros instead, I also added broccoli and cauliflower to get more veggies in there. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are mostly cooked. . Certain death. Lentils are a great source of magnesium, one cup of cooked lentils contains 75 milligrams of magnesium. Add the lentils, coconut milk, cardamom pods. Mixture should thicken slightly. Add 4 cups of water, bring to a boil, cover saucepan and cook for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. These easy coconut green curry lentils are so delicious and so healthy! Just made this with a few substitutions – a can of drained fire-roasted tomatoes instead of tomato paste, and no bulgar since I don’t have it on hand – and it is FANTASTIC. Serve immediately, as lentil curry will thicken as it cools. Thank you. What’s your take on the anti-inflammatory stuff? I’m all for creamy curry lentils. Stewed steak ragù by Jack Monroe. Subscribe to Receive FREE GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES Delivered to your Inbox, This came out delicious! Thanks. Those looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe, it is delicious. They don’t seem all that lovable until you have some really good ones… and then you realize that they are SO yummy. I am the biggest fan of green curry and your recipe is fabulous! Great idea with the green onions and lime juice! Just boiled em and after 15 they start to get tender! Learn more. I like the bulgur mixed in there too. A cozy, hearty, and flavorful dinner. Slimming Eats Privacy Policy, Slimming World Canada Friendly Food Products, Extra Easy Slimming World Weekly Meal Plans, Vegetarian Slimming World Weekly Meal Plans. Hello saucy lentils, curry paste, a punch of spice, coconut creaminess, and fresh spinach. My 6 and 7 yr old boys loved it as well. We need to create a support group. Thank you. I have bunches of lentils lying around that I’m not sure what to do with. Rachelle it can be made but I would really need to do it in my Instant Pot first to give you the correct adjustments, otherwise, I would be guessing. I hope you enjoy it, stay safe! I have a hard time not being ridiculous on this one. High in protein, one cup of cooked lentils contains 18 grams of protein. I added in some ginger, lime juice, and green onions right at the end as well to cut some of the richness. Thank you for providing such amazing vegan recipes! My package says cook for 15 mins and they taste done to me! I must have the small ones – they cook so quickly! yum! Add four cups of water, bring to a boil, cover saucepan and cook for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. Hello Vanessa, yes you can use 5 cups of veggie broth instead of water and just check the seasoning at the end. I actually looked up the nutrition facts on lentils today (I had lentil soup although your lentil curry recipe would have been awesome too!) View all recipes by Michelle Blackwood, RN →. Love the addition of coconut milk. This was delicious. Main course. The perfect one pot dish that's delicious served with salad. Allison, I’m so happy you enjoyed it. There are two sizes of lentils, so check whether you have the small or large ones. Add the garlic, ginger, and green curry paste and cook for another minute, stirring constantly. Ginger totally is! Once the lentils are soft and the curry is thick, add the coconut … Hi, I’m Michelle, I’m the voice, content creator and photographer behind Healthier Steps. Use 2 cans of lentils and 1 cup broth to start, add extra broth is needed. I wish I knew a way to block myself from googling medical issues. I’m sure that the readers will also benefit if you need clarification others might also. Good to know! 257 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. We’ve been on a big lentil kick lately. Keywords: lentil recipe, curry lentils, green curry, Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. If I use canned lentils, how much broth is needed. I thought I had already kinda done the lentil thing this month. Renee, I don’t understand the question you are asking. Well, you will see that this is the best lentil curry recipe. My whole family loved this Stew and it was so easy to make! Mmmmm…lentils and curry go so well together. I’m the same bad googling way! I used Not Chicken Bouillon Cubes for the vegetable bouillon. ★☆ Thanks Sommer! Alright, speak out, friends. Seriously. Totally love it because ever since I tried your other recipe, I’m like – wow, I love lentils! Hi, I’m Michelle, I’m the voice, content creator and photographer behind Healthier Steps. Favorite things include my camera, lake days, and dark chocolate. OMG, I need this NOW! When I make lentils they always take at least 45 mins on the stovetop, They are dried brown lentils. Are you not using dried lentils? Place lentils, bulgur, 2 cups water, curry paste, and turmeric in a medium saucepan. And of course, I read it on the way to meet friends for greasy inflammatory appetizers. I make coconut curry recipes at least once a week, so I’m always sharing them, such as these amazing curry recipes: Jamaican Spicy Potato Curry, Vegan Chickpea Curry, Curry Cabbage. Rate this recipe Advil and sweet red wine. My goal is to help you make healthier choices and show you how healthy eating is easy and delicious. I love that! The next great thing about lentils is that a little goes a long way, it is very economical, versatile and has great nutritional benefits. I did have a question instead of the 2 vegetable bouillon cubes could I use instead of 5 cups of water 5 cups of veggie broth? They sound delicious! Once you don’t use orange or yellow, those are the mushy kind. This was soooooo easy and sooooo freaking yummy!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe. Yum! What specific type though. You’re a crack up! Add the chopped shallot, crushed garlic, grated ginger, and cumin seeds and toast for a couple of minutes until brown. My favorite anti-inflammatories: Heat the vegetable oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Two tablespoons? A storecupboard spice pot with red and green lentils, chickpeas and coriander. =) Question–do you use regular brown lentils for this recipe? ★☆ Keeping the saucepan on the heat, stir in the tomato paste. These look gorgeous…all of a sudden I know what to do with the stray random bits of lentils in my cupboard. I am good friends with Web MD myself. PS. It’s a deeeelicious way to treat your body right. Creamy Jamaican coconut lentil curry, made with green lentils cooked in an aromatic coconut curry sauce, seasoned with onion, garlic, thyme, green onions, ginger, and Scotch bonnet pepper, and loaded with potato, carrot, and dumplings. I’m pretty sure I’m single handedly driving Web MD’s traffic right now. I feel like thats worse for me than butter and cream!! Place lentils in a saucepan, cover with stock, bring to boil and then simmer covered … You guys, when it comes right down to it, I’m an OCD hypochondriac. Love curry too. This looks perfect! You can leave out the carrots, potato, and dumplings and serve it with my Gluten-Free Vegan Flatbread or Brown Jasmine Rice.