Our fall-focused indoor and outdoor decorating ideas are guaranteed ways to make the perfect first impression when family and friends come calling on Thanksgiving—or any day during the season.

vegetable. Interestingly, grandma’s recipe calls for mixing the baking powder in with the flour as expected, but the baking soda gets mixed in with the yogurt before adding it to the other wet ingredients. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em.

unless you cancel, Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands, flour, sugar, sour cherries, fat, pure vanilla extract, baking soda and 7 more, light brown sugar, greek yogurt, vanilla bean, baking powder and 10 more, large egg, blueberries, greek yogurt, salt, pure vanilla extract and 5 more, Greek yogurt, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, flour, vanilla extract, plain nonfat Greek yogurt and 8 more, large egg, baking powder, flour, salt, unsalted butter, baking soda and 4 more, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, dark brown sugar, almond meal and 7 more, cranberries, whole cranberry sauce, butter, coconut oil, baking soda and 11 more, large eggs, greek yogurt, all-purpose flour, unsalted butter and 8 more, greek yogurt, cocoa powder, greek yogurt, water, chocolate cake mix and 3 more, eggs, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, peaches and 5 more, greek yogurt, sugar, baking powder, syrup, vegetable oil, confectioner's sugar and 10 more, powdered sugar, all purpose flour, egg whites, pure vanilla extract and 6 more, blueberries, eggs, vanilla, sugar, butter, baking soda, baking powder and 4 more, all purpose flour, honey, coarse salt, baking soda, granulated sugar and 7 more, Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt, vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt and 4 more, unsalted butter, baking powder, coarse salt, all-purpose flour and 8 more, reduced fat cream cheese, unsweetened almond milk, eggs, lemon zest and 17 more, raspberry liqueur, frozen raspberries, freeze-dried raspberries and 11 more, baking powder, vanilla sugar, light cream cheese, eggs, unbleached white flour and 4 more, olive oil, eggs, kosher salt, flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and 6 more, baking powder, large eggs, black sesame seeds, white sugar, salt and 9 more, brown sugar, greek yogurt, olive oil, oranges, self-raising flour and 3 more, pure vanilla extract, greek yogurt, salt, powdered sugar, yogurt and 8 more, plums, blueberries, all-purpose flour, vanilla, greek yogurt and 7 more, vanilla extract, butter, water, lemon, sugar, baking powder, Orange and 6 more, caster sugar, frozen raspberries, vanilla extract, baking soda and 8 more, unsweetened shredded coconut, gelatin, white chocolate shavings and 12 more, vegetable oil, ground cinnamon, greek yogurt, flour, powdered sugar and 3 more, flour, plain yogurt, grated lemon rind, eggs, sugar, butter, baking soda, all-purpose flour, vanilla extract, extra virgin olive oil, baking powder and 4 more, self rising flour, medium eggs, coconut yogurt, sunflower oil and 1 more, eggs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, natural yogurt and 5 more, Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake, Raspberry Greek Yogurt Cake with Chambord Ganache, Lemon Blueberry Olive Oil Greek Yogurt Cake, Greek Yogurt Cake with Black Sesame Buttercream, Greek Yogurt Cake With Orange And Olive Oil, Fresh Raspberry Swirl & Greek Yogurt Cake with Tangy Yogurt Drizzle, Greek Yogurt Cake Soaked in Syrup Recipe (Yiaourtopita), Chelley’s Greek Yogurt Cake With Raspberry Yogurt Sauce, Honey Yogurt Cake – Ciambella Yogurt Cake.

Lovely!! The full size version will bake for about 50 minutes. (More about us...), ©2007-2020 All Rights Reserved. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/03/greek-yogurt-cake-recipe.html
Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. Transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth top, and bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. The sugar topping is perhaps my favorite part of this coffee cake recipe; instead of bulky crumbs it’s a super thin, super crispy layer of baked sugar that shatters against your teeth when you bite into it. Gluten-Free Tuesday: Vegan Apple Doughnuts, Chocolate Meringue Cake With Whipped Cream and Raspberries, Crisp-Skinned Spatchcocked (Butterflied) Roast Turkey With Gravy, Sweet Potatoes and Apples Combine in This Glorious Holiday Pie, Fried, Sticky, and Sweet, Gulab Jamun Is a Real Treat, 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, Sour cherries in syrup for garnish (optional). Do you think this would work well as a Bundt cake? Sprinkle with half of sugar mixture and half of chopped nuts. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to stand mixer bowl in three additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Auto-renews at $4.99/mo. All rights reserved. Mix in extracts. While sour cream and Greek yogurt are usually interchangeable in most situations, the lower fat content in the yogurt makes this version not quite as rich and ever so slightly drier (fat being one of the elements that keeps cakes moist), although I feel like you’d really only be able to tell this subtle difference if you tasted two versions side by side. With a moist crumb owing to its namesake, and a sweetness enhanced with honey, Mad Hungry Cravings Greek yogurt cake is pleasant and simple, suited for breakfast, bake sales, and events in between. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.

I’d sprinkle the sugar on top like the recipe says; once you flip it over it’ll just be a crispy bottom instead of a crispy top. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. You can, however, also make it in a standard 8.5-by-4.5-inch loaf pan (the loaf will be slightly thinner, so just keep an eye on it as the baking time will likely be less). I just found your website and this is first recipe I’ve made off of it – and it sure won’t be the last! I also used margarine instead of butter, because it's what I had on hand. I worry it wouldn’t rise properly. Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. cheers I will be saving this recipe and doubling it next time because we finished it way too quickly, haha! I bet there would be a slight difference, however you could probably only really tell if you had two otherwise identical cakes and tasted them side by side. Greek yogurt is the key to this moist chocolate cake that's low in fat and super quick and easy to make with basic ingredients. Deselect All. How long would you recommend for baking time? 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. Use a whole milk greek yogurt for Chocolate Yogurt Cake. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

Remove the sides of the pan and invert the cake; lift off the pan bottom and let the cake cool completely. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Would you recommend changing anything in particular? This recipe makes one 6-inch cake (be sure to use a 3-inch deep cake pan or springform pan). From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. Add a rating: Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient!

It came out perfect. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Transfer cake to wire rack to cool completely.

You really need that fat. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It’s sprinkled with a crumbly streusel topping then drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. Then try our go-to menu.

All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands. :). Great for my kids. In the US coffee cake refers to a breakfast cake that accompanies coffee, not necessarily one with coffee in it. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. But, I don’t want to use egg in this as I am vegetarian so, what else should use? In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Tell us your goals and taste preferences, and we'll scour our database of over 2 million recipes to find recipes just for you. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home! Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters. Lucinda suggests sour cherries in syrup, lemon curd, and/or walnuts. Run a knife around the edge to release, then remove from pan and cool completely. We've got everything you need to improve life in the kitchen, from personalized recipe recommendations to handy planning tools and hands-on lessons. 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. Congrats! Beat … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice.

Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. There’s no crumb mixture to make, just a simple blend of cinnamon and sugar plus some chopped nuts, half of which gets layered in the middle of the cake (feel free to ‘swirl’ this a bit, but I kind of like the defined ribbon look), and the other half gets sprinkled on top. This old-fashioned cinnamon swirl coffee cake is made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a lightened-up twist, and topped with a crackly layer of cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans. Butternut squash might be fall's most versatile (and beloved!) Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Copyright © 2013. Let me know if you try. All the essential dishes are here, just on a smaller scale. It looks delicious! 2 teaspoons baking powder. Top with remaining batter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar and nuts. Info. I have not tried adding fruit myself. Do not do this ahead of time, you want to mix this right before you add it to the mixing bowl.

Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Can I use plain 2% Greek yogurt in this recipe? In a separate bowl, stir together yogurt and honey. One of my favorite ways to use Greek yogurt is as a substitute for sour cream. Mix baking soda in with yogurt; whisk baking powder and salt in with flour. Yes, its definitely the best coffee cake. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? Thank you. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The recipe itself is virtually identical, just made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (I also scaled down the recipe, a half-sized version essentially, since I feel like a lot of us are making smaller batches of things these days since excess baked goods aren’t quite as easy to share).

Privacy Policy. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Had a sudden hankering, so I found this recipe and whipped it up!
Amount is based on available nutrient data. I did it in a tube pan and it worked just fine! Love & Olive Oil® is a registered trademark of Purr Design, LLC. Mix until well blended. Let us know what you think!