So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.”. You will see greater things than these.”, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”, Learn More About New American Standard Bible - NASB 1995. (b) This term was used by the Jews as applicable to the Messiah. ... and accordingly John, in the commencement of his Gospel, is at much pains to state clearly what is the true doctrine respecting the λόγος Logos, or Word.

The Plan of Life: NASB Gospel of John, pack of 10 What is not to LOVE about the GOSPEL of JOHN? Copyright 1999-2020 © The Lockman Foundation. came a man sent from God, whose name was John. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. . I know that you are Abraham’s descendants; yet you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. New American Standard Bible (NASB), “Because I said to you that I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe?
18 (AE)No one has seen God at any time; (AF)God the only Son, who is (AG)in the [u]arms of the Father, (AH)He has [v]explained Him. Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.--I saw . Indexed: No. (714) 879-3055. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. .

I made haste and delayed not to keep thy commandments.--Let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. The next day He purposed to go into Galilee, and He *found Philip. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. Please try again. Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. New American Standard Bible In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. Go. Isaiah 48:13; "mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth." In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone. But I do not seek My glory; there is One who seeks and judges. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. The Healing at Bethesda - After these things there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”. NAS Plan of Life-Gospel of John. This is not spoken of the man Jesus, but of that which "became" a man, or was incarnate, John 1:14. 3 When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus *said to Him, “They have no wine.” 4 And Jesus *said to her, “Woman, what does that have to do with us?

And Jesus turned and saw them following, and *said to them, They said to Him, “Rabbi (which translated means Teacher), where are You staying?”, So they came and saw where He was staying; and they stayed with Him that day, for it was about the. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.--The brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person.--The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
10 He was in the world, and (N)the world came into being through Him, and yet the world did not [j]know Him. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. The meaning is: that the "Word" had an existence before the world was created. 11 He came to His [k]own, and His own people did not [l]accept Him.

In the Aramaic, "'By my word' I have founded the earth." 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

the eternity of God is described Psalm 90:2; "Before the mountains were brought forth, etc. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus *said to them. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him. …Anonymous—Daily Light on the Daily Path, October 11 EveningHallowed be thy name.--MATT. Above it stood the seraphims. Whatever is meant by it, therefore, is applicable to the Lord Jesus Christ. Nathanael *said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”, Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.”, “Because I said to you that I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe? 25 They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the [y]Christ, nor Elijah, nor (AP)the Prophet?” 26 John answered them, saying, “(AQ)I baptize [z]in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know.

9:6. It implies, therefore, that he was partaker of the divine glory; that he was blessed and happy with God. 3. 3 (E)All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him [b]not even one thing came into being that has come into being. There is only one Being that is uncreated, and Jesus must be therefore divine. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will take you to Myself, so that where I am, there you also will be. All men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.--God . Now Philip was from Bethsaida, of the city of Andrew and Peter. to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center, “Woman, where are they? “If you are Abraham’s children, do the deeds of Abraham. 6:9.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. Color: Full-Color. 9 There was the true Light 27 It is (AR)He who comes after me, of whom I am not worthy even to untie the (AS)strap of His sandal.” 28 These things took place in Bethany (AT)beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing people. Color: Full-Color. It is possible, also, that the doctrines of the Gnostics had begun to spread in the time of John. 4 (F)In Him was life, and the life was (G)the Light of mankind. They were an Oriental sect, and held that the λόγος Logos or "Word" was one of the "Aeones" that had been created, and that this one had been united to the man Jesus. and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. (Little Leveled Readers: Level B). Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do. NSB-Gospel of John. So they were saying to Him, “Who are You?” Jesus said to them, I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.”. 45 (BQ)Philip *found (BR)Nathanael and *said to him, “We have found Him of whom (BS)Moses wrote in the Law, and (BT)the prophets also wrote: Jesus (BU)the son of Joseph, from (BV)Nazareth!” 46 Nathanael said to him, “(BW)Can anything good be from Nazareth?” (BX)Philip *said to him, “Come and see.” 47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and *said of him, “Here is truly an (BY)Israelite, in whom there is no deceit!” 48 Nathanael *said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before (BZ)Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.” 49 Nathanael answered Him, “(CA)Rabbi, You are (CB)the Son of God; You are the (CC)King of Israel!” 50 Jesus answered and said to him, “Because I said to you that I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe? John evidently has allusion here to that place, and he means to apply to "the Word" an expression which is there applied "to God." Thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. ... John 1 :: New American Standard Bible (NASB) Strong's. There is no more unequivocal declaration in the Bible than this, and there could be no stronger proof that the sacred writer meant to affirm that the Son of God was equal with the Father; because: 1.

Was the Word - Greek, "was the λόγος Logos." Unable to add item to List. He has himself explained it. 38 And Jesus turned and saw them following, and *said to them, “What are you seeking?” They said to Him, “(BE)Rabbi (which translated means Teacher), where are You staying?” 39 He *said to them, “Come, and you will see.” So they came and saw where He was staying, and they stayed with Him that day; it was about the [ai]tenth hour. In the beginning - This expression is used also in Genesis 1:1.