Total for (not very hungry) 2 persons only Y140, which is very reasonable (Y2 just for using the towel! But this time it was ordinary food and poor service. They accept western MasterCard. My mum was delighted to discover an annexed shop full of vegetarian pastry sold under the same restaurant. The Nanjing West Road branch has 2 floors, I believe. We had to request for recommendations and, they eventually provided judging from the fact that we were tourists. Roasted Duck, Crab and it only costs RMB 76,very cheap in Shanghai standard. The soup base for these 2 bowls were different and I personally preferred the mushroom noodles. 150 When you see that sweet and sour pork and fried shredded eel are on the menu you may doubt if the food is truly vegan but fear not – all the mock-meat and fish is made with either veggies, soy product or mushrooms. I highly recommend this place and I can't wait to eat there once again! Gong-de-lin-Godly - Edit. Apparently this is a well known chain, perhaps this is the initial location established 1922, but not sure. This outlet occupies 2 floors building but there were only a few tables filled on a weekday evening when I visited. Food is pretty good but slightly salty & oily as typical of Shanghainese food. This restaurant gets me to come back every time I visit Shanghai. First impression is somewhat lasting impression. Food is pretty good but slightly salty & oily as typical of Shanghainese food. Practically only asian guests, but this doesn't automatically mean locals of course. Our food arrived quite quickly, though the restaurant was at least 80% occupied with customers even at our time of arrival at around 9am. However, we had to repeatedly asked for direction as the walk is not straight forward and the building is not easy to locate. Noteworthy: Hard chairs, uncomfortable. storey of the restaurant, there is also slight difference in dishes served. During a walking tour a few weeks ago in the neighbourhood of People's Square I was told this is the oldest vegan restaurant in Shanghai, established in 1922. Noteworthy: Hard chairs, uncomfortable. The food is simply sumptuous, and we love the dishes recommended to us. We bought many moon cake pastries and 1 bun, and mum simply loved the bun! A toute de suite ! CNY of serving them with attention. Our food arrived quite quickly, though the restaurant was at least 80% occupied with customers even at our time of arrival at around 9am. 80 - completely vegan). All in all, the food price is rather decent, and so are the food quality and taste. The food is excellent and service very friendly, they recognize me every time. Our dishes were quite quickly served as soon as we ordered, since at the time of our visit, we were the 2nd customers for their dinner at around 7pm. You may take some time to go through the many options! As this was our first time visiting, we randomly ordered 1 spicy bowl and 1 mushroom bowl. My first visit to Gongdelin was at the Huanghelu restaurant (功德林黄河路餐厅) which is just a milestone away from the Nanjing West Road’s restaurant and is their smaller branch. I paid the equivalent of 6 Euro. However, we had to repeatedly asked for direction as the walk is not straight forward and the building is not easy to locate. First impression is somewhat lasting impression. The cashier took 5-10 minutes to give us our change, which is quite annoying. There was also another small counter with a rather long queue opened for selling freshly made buns, vegetarian duck and other lunch food for takeaway only. Yes, Gong De Lin is vegetarian, but it's really interesting. The sweet pork ribs made from lotus bulbs were absolutely yummy, but dessert a bit too sweet for my taste. There was also another small counter with a rather long queue opened for selling freshly made buns, vegetarian duck and other lunch food for takeaway only. The food is simply sumptuous, and we love the dishes recommended to us. It felt that the more expensive noodles generally are tastier. Their staff seemed to be eager to knock-off as soon as it reaches 7:45pm (with only 3 set of customers for the day), which I believe is extremely early for most restaurants. My mum was delighted to discover an annexed shop full of vegetarian pastry sold under the same restaurant. The menu has both English and Chinese, but I think some English translations are misleading. I highly recommend this place and I can't wait to eat there once again!More, If you are a vegetarian, this restaurant is one of the places you should go in Shanghai. For breakfast, only the ground floor is opened to customers, and has a maximum capacity of around 50 people. Our next visit was to the Nanjing West Road branch eating their signature noodles as breakfast. The menu has both English and Chinese, but I think some English translations are misleading. 150 The portions are decent but have to say it is a little oily and salty. Practically only asian guests, but this doesn't automatically mean locals of course. Will definitely come back for the ribs & try other dishes! Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. As this was our first time visiting, we randomly ordered 1 spicy bowl and 1 mushroom bowl. The first storey's is more reasonably priced. This particular branch is rather remote and confined (their full capacity is probably 10 tables maximum). Gong De Lin (Jingan) : avis du Guide Michelin, avis des internautes, type de cuisine, horaires, prix pratiqués … While the menu is priced differently on the first and second...storey of the restaurant, there is also slight difference in dishes served. Merci ! but I loved this place which served mock meat and during my 5...day trip to shanghai i ate 4 meals here and each meal was different. A good place for vegetarians to go in Shanghai. Michelin Travel Partner traitera votre adresse email afin de gérer votre abonnement à la newsletter ViaMichelin. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. A pleasant walk to East Nanjing pedestrian road from there.More, At Tripadvisor, I have the same review for this restaurant, also known as Godly Restaurant. When you see that sweet and sour pork and fried shredded eel are on the menu you may doubt if the food is truly vegan but fear not – all the mock-meat and fish is made with either veggies, soy product or mushrooms. We have been to the restaurant three times and our favourite dish is in the attached photo : roast duck slice which is only 30yuan! We do not mind returning to try more dishes, but it’s certainly not in our priority list!