Cut into 3/4-inch-long pieces. The meat sauce is tasty and best of all quick. instead of stock, but other than I did make some modifications to this recipe using ingredients I happened to have on hand. I love everyday food and the videos. the beef, esp. as the default gnocchi recipe for Home cooks may find it simpler to roll the dough along the wires of a whisk, as outlined here. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Stir in marinara sauce. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. The ragu was delicious and will certainly go into my permanent all time favorites cold weather dishes. such a great flavor vegetable. I paired the gnocci with a quick bolognese, which worked very well. I will make this again! Marinara sauce, ground beef, and all the melted mozzarella cheese. Add onion, carrots, and garlic and cook until meat is browned and onion is soft, about 5 minutes. window.adthrive = window.adthrive || {}; I've made this ragu' sauce several times. Divide into 6 equal portions. I appreciate a basic recipe that I can fiddle with to make it my own. My best to you! Completely baked and completely smothered in everything that is good in life. Roll each piece over wires of slender whisk or dinner fork to make grooves in gnocchi. be me. Thank you! Working in batches, press warm potatoes through ricer into large bowl (or place warm potatoes in large bowl and mash finely with potato masher). But it was still amazing! The recipe was unclear if you drain the can tomatoes. I made the gnocchi and the beef ragu. This was so good!! window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { Used ground moose instead of beef and a bit of organic bacon fat instead of the bacon and/or prosciutto. Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on I made a few changes based on the ingredients I had on hand, for example I used dried shiitake mushrooms,lamb stock, and homemade tomato sauce instead of the tomato paste and canned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper; transfer 5 cups meat sauce to an airtight container, let cool, then refrigerate for Summer Beef-and-Rice Casserole. Store-bought gnocchi (Italian for "dumplings") cook in just a few minutes, so they're faster than pasta. that you don't miss flour. Add egg, cream, salt, and nutmeg and blend well. I was going to put it in two 8 inch square pans. Made this tonight with your homemade gnocchi recipe.. subbed ground turkey for beef. Do not like popups blocking the info I am looking at. I also used a package of store bought gnocchi and boiled it before adding to the sauce. Cook 1/3 of gnocchi in large pot of boiling generously salted water until gnocchi rise to top and are cooked through and tender, about 5 minutes (check at 4 minutes). Unfortunately, this sauce was not quick to make. Cool until lukewarm, about 10 minutes. Come join me in my culinary adventures where we'll be using simple, fresh ingredients and transforming them into sophisticated and elegant meals for the everyday home cook. Steam potatoes over boiling water until tender, about 12 minutes. Repeat with remaining 5 dough portions. Looking forward to using in the other recipe which was the main reason I made it. (don't like them) Then try our go-to menu. window.adthrive.siteAds.targeting.push( {key: 'at_custom_1', value: 'myxx_off'} ); Excellent. I would make this again for company. The gnocchi were ok - next time I will just buy them already made. Hosting fewer guests this holiday season due to the coronavirus pandemic? Adding the bacon/ prosciuotto is what turns it into a "ragu", I suppose. This is a highly versatile recipe for Ragu. Used leftover potatoes from Thanksgiving and leftover beef sauce from Beef short ribs provencal that I had previously frozen. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. chicscript.src = '//mini.myxxrecipes.com/api/lp/launchpad.js'; Loved the sauce, but split the beef w/ ground pork....only change I made. Your videos have changes the way I feel about cooking. Enjoy. Cooked the onion and garlic with the meat so was able to omit the olive oil and a few calories. Took only about one minute extra to cook. It's extremely rich (I didn't add the extra water). unchanged. Had gluten free gnocchi on hand (Delallo). Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly reduced, about 15 minutes. }); Season with salt and pepper; transfer 5 cups meat sauce to an airtight container, let cool, then refrigerate for Summer Beef-and-Rice Casserole. Plus, no made this last night it was great, i used store bought gnocchi added some chorizo will definately be repeated. Made the whole recipe. When the oil is hot, add the spinach. From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. made: no mushrooms This is for the gnocci only: fantastic! Finding new website design not so helpful. Add 1 cup stock, mushrooms, and sage. Well, here it is as promised. Delicious!! the recipe, it could Gently roll 1 dough portion between hands and work surface to 3/4-inch-thick rope about 20 inches long. (Note: I bought pre-prepared gnocchi...but it's all about the sauce!). chicscript.type = 'text/javascript'; Damn Delicious never fails! that followed it down to the letter Meanwhile, rewarm ragù over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. prosciutto as Serve remaining sauce over gnocchi, topped with Parmesan and basil, if desired. All Rights Reserved. Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 20-25 minutes. Cook remaining gnocchi in 2 batches. So bake, serve and reheat as needed because the leftovers taste even better the very next day. (This only applies to the ragu -- I used a different gnocchi recipe.). I used broth instead of wine, halved everything except the ground beef, and baked in a smaller dish and it made 4 generously sized portions. Oh, and since the store was out of the soft mozarella, I used ricotta dollops instead and it was tasty.