These look wonderful. If anyone has any tips please share them with me. When I was putting the dough together I was a bit concerned about the ‘pea-sized’ bits of butter dotted through it. Very creative. What’s your favourite celebratory week or day? Custom folders. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside. Mix until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few larger butter lumps. In another bowl, mix together the egg, yoghurt and vanilla. Scones can be glazed all at once and then stored in an air-tight container. Add unlimited recipes. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar together. Turn it all out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently just until it comes together. Once it’s baked, leave it to sit on the tray for 5 minutes. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. The process is a bit more unique than simply doubling the size of the cinnamon roll and I’ve fallen in love with the method because it is quirky, fun and results in a fabulously delicious cinnamon roll (think: lots of buttery, gooey, cinnamon … Preheat oven to 175C(347F) fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper. ","position":9,"name":"Sprinkle it over the top of the dough...","url":"https:\/\/www.clairekcreations.com\/giant-cinnamon-streusel-scone-for-international-scone-week\/#mv_create_342_9"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Place the second dough disc on top of the first and gently pinch the edges together. I love the smell of cinnamon when baking, it’s always such a delicious and inviting smell. https://www.foodfanatic.com/recipes/giant-cinnamon-rolls-recipe I wasn’t really sure what to do so I kneaded it like I would bread. Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can copy and paste to your favorite social media site, personal website, blog, etc to share. In another bowl, combine the yoghurt, egg and vanilla and then gently stir it into the butter/flour mixture. ","position":12,"name":"Brush the top of the dough with egg...","url":"https:\/\/www.clairekcreations.com\/giant-cinnamon-streusel-scone-for-international-scone-week\/#mv_create_342_12"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. There was an error submitting your subscription. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. | Testimonials Thanks Chris! Mine was a little bit gooey in the middle so could have done with an extra few minutes in the oven but it was scrumdidilyumptious! Ad Partners: SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full Partners List>. Giant cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle it over the top of the dough dish on the tray leaving a little border. Add the butter and cut it into the dry ingredients until it resembles corse bread crumbs (about pea size). Then brush the top with egg white and sprinkle it with the sugar. Grab your free Wholefood Snacks eBook below & click here for more about me. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon together until it resembles crumble. Preheat oven to 175C(347F) fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper. Bake scones for 12-15 minutes, or until scones are light brown. Bake scones for 12-15 minutes, or until scones are light brown. Add the butter in the filling and it’s not the healthiest afternoon tea but is sure is delicious. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Stir in the cinnamon chips. Bake the giant scone at 175C fan-forced for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown. I saw you’re guest posting on another of my blogging friend’s blogs. Required fields are marked *. This was my first time cutting butter into a dough so I had no idea what I was doing. 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1 inch pieces. Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Oh my goodness Claire, these are crazy good looking! It’s an interesting sort of scone. Your email address will not be published. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Ok so it’s not a real event but Celia from Fig Jam and Lime Cordial created it last year and you know I’m always one to jump on a food celebration band wagon. Learn to to create 11 easy, tasty meals using just 12 basic ingredients from your pantry & freezer - no running to the shops.