From the minute you pick this book up you are hooked to continue reading. Go pre-order NOW! Each chapter describes a behavior and gives examples, with references to various patients he's couseled over the years. What begins with “I hate you” culminates in “I’m scared. Just another book that screams "Stop Whining and Do something about it" ... (sometimes we need to hear the truth about ourselves). These people you're worried about? I found it difficult to sit down and read for extended period due to the fragmentation. But I’m proud of myself that I could pull thought it well. Dave Hollis nails it, just like his Partner Rachel in this fantastic book. It’s landed him on our cultural divide. All of these patterns were helpful when playing it safe was imperative but they are far less productive in the modern era. It’s craven careerism. Rachel’s two self-help books, “Girl, Wash Your Face” (2018) and “Girl, Stop Apologizing” (2019), have sold millions of copies, serving as the backbone of a media and lifestyle company that includes podcasts, clothing, journals and motivational conferences, where VIP tickets can go for more than $1,000 a pop. So I loved Dave’s wife’s, Rachel Hollis, books. Rachel Hollis has wooed millions of women with her book. A thousand times, YES! He’s opening up about things that aren’t flattering & probably really hard to own up to let alone write a book about. This book is incredible so far! I feel empowered by each "Usable Insight" and I'll be able to use his sound advise for the rest of my life. The main path to glory in Hollisville is steroidal self-reliance, rooted in extreme honesty about your shortcomings. motivation & inspiration, personal success, Robert Cooper, Be the first to review “Get Out of Your Own Way”. “Get out of your own way.” For me, it means turning off my mind or emotions and just “doing it” when anxiety and fear hold me back. It’s in talking about his learning process that things get odd with Dave Hollis. Your email address will not be published. I've preordered this book and it seems that March is years away. Not a ton of fluff as other self-help books have. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Refresh and try again. Chloe Gong has a lot going on. A New Museum to Bring the Benin Bronzes Home, U.K. Lawmaker With Breast Cancer Excluded From Debate on the Illness, Aung San Suu Kyi, Under Fire Abroad, Wins Big in Myanmar Election, From ‘Street Kid’ in India to Top Toronto Chef, Peter Sutcliffe, Murderer Known as the ‘Yorkshire Ripper,’ Dies at 74, A Record of Horseback Riding, Written in Bone and Teeth, China Congratulates Biden on Presidential Victory, Thieves Grab Nazi Memorabilia in Museum Heists, Puzzling Police, For USWNT Stars in Manchester, There Is Now Only Red and Blue, Tommy Heinsohn: The Loud, Biased, Lovable Celtic, For Aging Masters Champions, Pandemic Cannot Mute Augusta’s Call, What to Expect on Day 2 of the 2020 Masters, Ivy League Cancels Winter Sports and Stalls Spring Sports Over Coronavirus, Jose Abreu and Freddie Freeman Win 2020 MVP Awards, 2020 Masters: Tiger Woods Is 3 Shots Off Paul Casey’s Lead, Jared Goff, Rams Come To Terms On 2-Year Contract Reduction, https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/the-path-to-enlightenment–and-a-happy-marriage–the-hollis-way/2020/03/20/b05ebb6c-6932-11ea-9923-57073adce27c_story.html, The Lovebirds becomes first movie that’s moving to Netflix due to coronavirus. The authors break down 40 different self-defeating behaviors in 180 pages. It’s nice to hear things from his perspective. Feels like plenty of self defeating behaviors were identified, but the solutions felt extreme highly level. “A life of growth means a life of exhilarating discomfort.”, “Don't give up the power you have to be who you were meant to be because of what people who are not thinking about you might think. Some of the tips may not be relevant to you, but others are. We grow like warriors as fast as our business does, or we’ll never turn it into what we know it can be. I have been following you on twitter for along time.Watching recently I have noticed people getting on you about praying before the book.Well that is exactly why it was a bold move because people assume you use God to make money? It defends established habits, encourages you to stick to a routine, keeps you from taking risks and prefers the known to trying new things. He really puts it out there all the ways we self sabotage. Very practical way to learn about our own behaviors and to deal with other people’s behaviors too. The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning. I would highly recommend this book to read and will be having my husband read it too! Before I went, I was positive I knew the answer. And reading about other behaviors will not impede your progress because if a behavior doesn't specifically apply to you at the moment, the information in the book will help you deal with the behavior in yourself or anyone else, should it ever arise.