Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of salt together in a separate bowl. Our … In a large bowl, whisk the flour, granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together. This cake certainly stepped up to the task. No one is quite clear as to the exact origin of The Original Texas Sheet Cake Recipe, but an article entitled The Great Sheet Cake Mystery claims it evolved from a German Chocolate Cake recipe sometime between the late 1930s and 1960s. You saved German Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting to your. In this variation on a Texas sheet cake, I’ve loaded both the cake and the icing with ground cinnamon, giving it a distinctive Tex-Mex flair. And, when you donate, you'll become a member of The Splendid Table Co-op. Any recipe that calls for three or two layers, I just bake it as a sheet cake in this size pan. Some bakers consider sheet pans to be anywhere from 13 x 9 x ......2 (which I do not by the way) to 26 x 18. It was a huge hit! Remove from heat then stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans. I decided that I would tell the truth and let you in on my German chocolate secret: I always use the Tex-Mex Chocolate Sheet Cake as the base for my German chocolate cake. 128 calories; calories from fat 23%; fat 3.3g; saturated fat 1g; mono fat 1.3g; poly fat 0.6g; protein 2g; carbohydrates 23g; fiber 0.4g; cholesterol 12mg; iron 0.5mg; sodium 103mg; calcium 36mg. The German Chocolate Cake is not actually German, it's Texan We traced the origins of the popular cake to a 1957 recipe published in The Dallas Morning News. Set aside. 2. I love that. I wanted to … 1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix, 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk. I'm unsure about the pan size - and the height of the sides of the pan, too. German Chocolate Sheet Cake. I'd much rather do it your way without the eggs because I'm was always afraid of having currdled eggs (and it has happened before).You're saying, it will thicken without the eggs, o.k. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 4 ounces German Chocolate baking chocolate. Most of my cookie sheets have no sides but maybe a half sheet pan would work? Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This looks delicious and I need a dessert for a crowd later this month. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire cooling rack before cutting into squares. I let it cool longer than 5 minutes 'cause I was sweeping floors and working on spaghetti dinner..time got away from me! If you like this recipe, check out these others! German Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting, Congrats! Thanks. Geri. While the cake is baking, make the icing, as you will want to spread it on the cake while both are still warm. Remove from oven and cool. To be time-efficient, first make the frosting, then use the refrigeration time to prepare, bake, and cool the cake. Add the coconut and pecans and beat until slightly cooled and easy to spread. I like it both ways. Remove the pan from the heat and add the 2 teaspoons vanilla. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. That German chocolate cake is delicious, but it’s more involved, more time-consuming.