Nutrition (based on 4 servings): Calories: 380; Total Fat: 29 g; Saturated Fat: 14 g; Cholesterol: 165 mg; Sodium: 500 mg; Carbohydrates: 12 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 3 g; Protein: 18 g. Adapted from a recipe at LittleSpiceJar.com, Photo: Tom McCorkle For The Washington Post, Photographer / Food styling for The Washington Post by Lisa Cherkasky, Costco drops medical exemption, will require all customers wear face coverings, Lina Hidalgo: Worsening COVID pandemic demands 'another pullback' for Harris County, 'No home here': Houston Realtors forced to grapple with racism amid posts about bullets, fire hoses, Texas Lt. Gov. Add in half and half and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thick, whisking often. Find out which brands you should be grabbing at the grocery store, our Test Kitchen might have found a winner, these beautiful meatballs with chimichurri sauce, souped-up (yet affordable) essentials like these. Add the 2 tablespoons of broth and stir; cook for a minute or two, until the pieces have softened. Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend. 1 small onion. Return all the meatballs to the pan and place over medium-low heat; cover and cook so they have warmed and are cooked through. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Instructions: Place the ground turkey on a paper-towel-lined plate (discard its packaging); microwave on defrost, as needed, until the block is no longer solid. Check out Oven-Baked Meatballs, Chicken Meatballs, or Instant Pot Meatballs. To reheat frozen meatballs, either drop into simmering Swedish Meatball sauce for 20 minutes or reheat in an oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until warmed through. ), our Test Kitchen recommends Bremer, an Aldi brand. When it comes to frozen meatballs, the possibilities are almost limitless. The gravy/sauce was divine. But how do you find the best meatballs for your next dinner? Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs is an easy recipe made with frozen meatballs, sour cream, steak sauce, cream of mushroom and seasonings. What our culinary and editorial panel really liked most about this Trader Joe’s option was that it had some nice seasoning: salt, pepper and red pepper flakes which gave them some zip. This option’s great meaty texture and the perfect level of moisture had us really digging in. Hi! Slowly add in chicken or turkey stock, whisking to incorporate. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. My almost 9 year old son (my pickiest eater) licked his plate clean...twice!!! Just check out all these mouthwatering recipes. Butter a rimmed baking sheet and set aside. For the meatballs: 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegetable oil. Remove thyme sprigs and add in Worcestershire Sauce. Let me share with you tips and tricks to help you make healthy eating a reality for your family in the chaos of life and on the constraints of a budget. These Instant Pot Turkey Swedish Meatballs are pressure cooked in a super delicious stroganoff style sauce and then placed on top of a bed of noodles, or rice, or even spaghetti squash for a quick and oh so savory meal! I love nothing more than to share with you delicious solutions for your hungry family. Your email address will not be published. $6.99 for a 22-oz. Serve hot. These easy to make, lean turkey meatballs are lighter than traditional Swedish Meatballs, but are still packed with flavor and served in a delicious creamy sauce. 10 ounces challah bread, food processed to crumbs (about 3 1/2 cups) Dan Patrick offers $1 million reward for evidence of voter fraud, 5 things to know about Parler, the right-wing-friendly social network, Renaming road after Mickey Gilley turns into rough ride, Man dies after passing out while cleaning tanker in Channelview, authorities say, Man accused in girlfriend's death has domestic violence record, Live updates: Texas hospitalizations climb to nearly 7,000, Houston-born Shannon Walker ready for her flight to Space Station. bag; available exclusively at Whole Foods. Grease your palms with cooking-oil spray, then use your hands to shape the mixture into about 15 meatballs that are 1¼ inches in diameter. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet; as soon as it melts, stir in the flour to form a paste (roux). Thank you for letting me know your family enjoyed. $2.19 for a 14-oz. Transfer them to a plate. This is the best brand of mozzarella cheese you can find at the store. Saute onions and herbs until softened in melted butter. Required fields are marked *. 12 ounces frozen ground turkey, preferably dark meat. 1/2 whole-wheat pita (6-inch) 11/2 cups plus 2 … That’s why a bag of meatballs from the frozen section is so appealing. 1 medium onion, finely food processed. To reheat frozen meatballs, either drop into simmering Swedish Meatball sauce for 20 minutes or reheat in an oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until warmed through. These were super good! 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter. Enter our Test Kitchen crew, who tested seven brands to pick the best. Swedish meatballs are traditionally pan-fried and made with a mixture of pork and beef. Thanks for sharing this variation! When you’re looking for the absolute best, grocery shopping can be a real chore—dozens of brands, hundreds of choices. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Transfer to a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Our third notable meatball came from Trader Joe’s, one of our favorite places to shop for souped-up (yet affordable) essentials like these. In a large mixing bowl, mix together onions, bread, milk, seasonings, and eggs until well combined. Swedish meatballs are a family favorite. I love hearing that your daughter enjoyed Emy! I love using whatever meat I have on hand. From cake mix to coffee, hot sauce to hummus, it can be daunting to make the picks that will make your homemade creations their best yet. Whisk in flour, until a thick paste forms. When it comes to frozen meatballs, the possibilities are almost limitless. At home, you'll find her working on embroidery and other crafts. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the same skillet, over medium heat. bag; available exclusively at Aldi. What a fabulous recipe! And you can Freeze the meatballs. I want to welcome you into my kitchen and my REAL, imperfect life. Fry them up in a pan and top your favorite pasta dish or you can toss them in a slow cooker with the sauce of your choosing for an easy appetizer. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thick. Our culinary and editorial experts put 100+ products to the test. Soak 2 slices of bread (whole wheat, white, or gluten-free) in ¼ cup milk. Cook off raw flour for 1-2 minutes. Cooking the meatballs with broth really made them cook up nicely. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/245986/swedish-turkey-meatballs DISCLAIMER: THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE AND IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. I agree, that a sauce is needed for these meatballs, but I like to infuse my gravy with a bit more flavor than is typically traditional. Taste, and add more salt and/or pepper, as needed. Add ground turkey to mixture and mix meatball mixture with your hands, as to not overwork your meatballs. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream until well blended. Your email address will not be published. Scatter them over each portion of meatballs and sauce. Yes, sorry, yet another meatball recipe. These Nature’s Rancher meatballs also had a nice blend of herbs inside including parsley and garlic, as well as some nice cheese flavors (the mix contains ricotta and Romano). Scoop the meatball mixture with a medium cookie scoop unto rimmed sheet pan. Grab some frozen meatballs from IKEA make it your family's go-to meal, too! Expert Tips to Get More from Your Instant Pot. This is the brand we couldn't stop eating! we all enjoy the homemade stuff just like Mom used to make.