Who out there can’t get enough ?watermelon? Ooooooops. ? A long and tiring day? Have fun creating!!! ... Vegan Strawberry Orange Mango Popsicles. Love that you have a non-alcoholic version too! Just throw in a handful straight from the freezer and then blitz away. Not only is it pretty, but it is so yummy – like drinking a sweet frozen melon! My husband is like yours. Filed Under: By Course, By Main Ingredients, Drink Recipes, Drinks, Easy Recipes, Fruit, How to Use Tools & Techniques, How-To, Recipe Videos, Recipes, Tools, Videos Tagged With: beverages, cocktails, drinks By Mary // Chattavore 10 Comments, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños (Grilled or Smoked) + Video. Learn how your comment data is processed. Pour into salt or sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge. He could not be coerced! Watermelon and lime go really well together, and frozen watermelon is basically like melon flavored ice. Tip into a cocktail, margarita or rocks glass, garnish and serve. Vegan Soup: 21 Comforting Recipes. Delicious and Refreshing! If you like bitter-sweet drinks, you could add a dash of Campari to it, too. Perfect with chips & salsa! And thanks - it's pretty great if I do say so myself! https://chattavore.com/frozen-watermelon-margarita-non-alcoholic-version-included/, Frozen Pineapple Mojito (Non-Alcoholic Version Included), Holiday Prosecco Punch with Cranberry & Orange, 1 1/2 ounces (one shot) silver tequila (gold is fine too, but I always prefer silver), OR sub 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (Sprite, 7Up, or Sierra Mist) for the tequila and triple sec. He used to like it but now he doesn’t. This recipe for Frozen Watermelon Margarita is also great sans alcohol (think virgin version). I know I can’t (can you believe that Philip has never seen that movie?!?!). Pour the lime juice or water into one small plate and the sugar and salt into another plate. Decorate with Fiesta Umbrella Picks and watermelon wedges. 2 1/2 cups seedless watermelon (rind removed and cubed), 1 cup of fresh strawberries (cleaned and cut into cubes), 3/4 cup good quality Tequila (You can omit if you do not drink alcohol), 1/2 cup sugar – very important!! If you are looking for Cinco De Mayo party food ideas, then I have you covered beginning with this refreshing and super easy Frozen Watermelon and Strawberry Margarita. Not a boring recipe in the bunch!!! This frozen watermelon margarita comes together super-quick in your blender, and a non-alcoholic version is as simple as subbing in lemon-lime soda for the tequila and triple sec. Perfect summer drink. Just omit the tequila and triple sec and blend away per the recipe instructions! This frozen watermelon margarita comes together super-quick in your blender, and a non-alcoholic version is as simple as subbing in lemon-lime soda for the tequila and triple sec. Mostly I’m a watermelon purist. Dip the rim of your glass into the water or lime juice then twist into the sugar/salt mixture. I really don’t care to eat it in a salad or anything like that, and I would never, ever put salt on my watermelon. Exactly what you need to get the Cinco de Mayo celebrations started. Simply make your margarita as usual but before you blitz it in the blender, add a scoop of your favourite lemon sorbet (depending on how sweet it is, you might want to add a bit of sugar syrup too), then blend away. Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. This refreshing tequila cocktail can be made in just five minutes in a blender. Copyright © 2020 | All content property of Chattavore and may not be reproduced without permission | Cha Creative Clique, Frozen Watermelon Margarita (non-alcoholic version included). Life can be crazy, which means that getting dinner on the table can be a challenge (more often than not!) (simple syrup or sugar of choice), Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 2 hours (optional but makes it even better). What’s better than a comforting bowl of soup on a cold day? It’s been all about Cinco de Mayo prep in our home. Combine the cubed watermelon with the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, confectioners' sugar, salt and ice in a blender. Thanks Catherine! ; For additional flavor, you could add in some strawberries, pineapple cubes, or even passion fruit. Give it a taste and adjust the sweetness if needed with a bit more sugar syrup. It may be April, but Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I will keep those recipes coming. Hello everyone. A super hot day calls for Virgin Frozen Watermelon Margarita! This Virgin Frozen Watermelon Margarita is a perfect treat for pretty much every single day! Cut up and freeze watermelon. These are all fun and tasty party foods for sure that your guests will love and I am sharing them all this week. Thank you for this recipe, I am like your husband, not crazy about watermelon, but this recipe is very temping.....the Alcoholic version, please ! Put all the ingredients except the lime wedge in a blender and blitz until smooth. and my mission is to take all your favorite recipes and figure out how to serve them on a Tuesday. This drink would be so great for hanging out with this summer. It’s my own personal watermelon…it really is. Post author By rizki; Post date February 10, 2020; Hello everyone. This is super simple and easy to make! ; I used 1 tablespoon of Erythritol to sweeten the margaritas but you can use a liquid sweetener like maple syrup if you prefer. Isn’t this faux margarita recipe absolutely stunning? These are: Watermelon (diced and frozen) Tequila; Lime juice; Also some salt or sugar, lime, mint or jalapeño and ice cubes to garnish. I literally just chunk my watermelon up and freeze it – so easy. Instead of lime juice, I use frozen limeade concentrate here. Freeze the watermelon for a couple of hours to make frozen watermelon margarita. But today, it is all about this beautiful and delicious Frozen Watermelon & Strawberry Margarita. Spoon the thick cocktail into sugar rimmed glasses and enjoy. Frozen Watermelon Margarita with 3 ingredients. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Give it a taste and adjust the sweetness if needed with a bit more sugar syrup. To get either to stick to the rim, rub it … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My friend was grabbing dog food over by the wall and I told her that I was going to go grab some watermelons, and went traipsing back to the cart carrying two small watermelons right. Watermelon though? This sounds so refreshing and delicious! Add more ice if needed to get the consistency you like. Funny story about the watermelons used to make this recipe…I’ll admit that while I usually try to get my produce, at least in the summer, from local stands and what not, I bought these at Costco, which had these baby watermelons in pairs in a little mesh bag. But…there’s something about a watermelon margarita that gets my heart pumping (especially a frozen watermelon margarita!). Cool off this summer with our super-simple frozen margarita recipe. He doesn't like melons, including watermelon. Combine the watermelon, limeade, tequila and triple sec (or lemon-lime soda), and ice cubes in a blender. This Frozen Watermelon Margarita is your new go-to summertime drink! Want recipes from scratch & restaurant reviews in your inbox weekly? Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2018, New! Soft shrimp tacos with mango salsa, guacamole with chunks of fresh pineapple and chunky fresh salsa just for starters. Good Food Deal in the summertime (??)? I can definitely use one of these pretty frozen margaritas right now and would love for you to join me. Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth. Ice – One cup per batch to makes this frozen cocktail super frozen. Blend until smooth. Home Improvement Ideas - Better Homes and Gardens. I can't wait to try them. Welcome to Chattavore, a destination for people who want to feed themselves and their families well every day! Celebrations? Once blended, prepare the margarita glass rims with either salt or sugar. Hi, I'm Mary! But me, oh yes and I love margaritas and this watermelon margarita looks fabulous! Interestingly, I married a man who will eat watermelon if he is forced to, but since he’s never forced to, he doesn’t eat watermelon. My husband will eat it if he has too, but he certainly doesn't prefer it! Subscribe below to get Chattavore's weekly newletter AND a free set of recipe cards to help you learn to cook from scratch! It’s always nice to have a bag full of deseeded watermelon chunks in the freezer so you can knock up a watermelon margarita at a moment’s notice. He’s never liked cantaloupe or honeydew, and honestly, though I like them, I get that. Pour into the rimmed glass and serve garnished with a wedge of lime. I have seen them called “personal” watermelons and that always makes me laugh. Just throw in a handful straight from the freezer and then blitz away. Also, how many of you can’t carry a watermelon without thinking about Dirty Dancing? To make frozen watermelon margaritas blend together frozen chunks of watermelon with tequila, liqueur, lime juice, syrup, and ice. You all know I usually go for fresh but I read a lot of articles about frozen lime margaritas and they all recommended limeade concentrate because it retains its flavor better. This would also work nicely with raspberry, grapefruit or orange sorbet. Some cocktails require a little more ingredients, others a little less, but for this super easy watermelon margarita you basically only need 3 ingredients. And, I’m going to commit heresy against myself here, but a rimmed glass is an absolute necessity when you are having a margarita, virgin or not (I like a mixture of sugar and salt). What gives? Because of this, I have been forced to buy these little mini watermelons. WATERMELON MARGARITA. These are perfect for a summer party! If you are looking for Cinco De Mayo party food ideas, then I have you covered beginning with this refreshing and super easy Frozen Watermelon and Strawberry Margarita. You got it! Blend until smooth. It’s fruity, refreshing & made with only five ingredients. The best part about this margarita is that all the ingredients are all thrown together in the blender and your drink is done is a matter of minutes…  How easy is that!!