I added honey and a bit of cinnamon to the peanut butter mix, and after it had been toasted sprinkled more sugar and cinnamon over the top of the sandwich. Congrats. Make sure butter does not burn. Be careful working around the hot stove. Slice banana length wise (see image) and place on only on 1 … To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. Nigella’s recommends mashing the bananas (not a bad idea). Heat butter in an 8- to 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then fry sandwich, turning over once, until golden The holidays are never quite over at my house until after our annual Rock ad Roll night held on Elvis’s birthday (or the nearest weekend). For topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in shallow plate. It has become one of my favorite holidays. - See 992 traveler reviews, 460 candid photos, and great deals for Memphis, TN, at Tripadvisor. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. The secret of the Elvis Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwich was, in deed, “fried bananas.”. Read More…, The Elvis Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwich with Bacon Recipe. WSJ and BA know a good blog when they see one. Ingredients 2 to 3 ripe bananas 8 slices white bread 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter 3 tablespoons honey 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon for topping cinnamon 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup sugar And it's the best sandwich I've ever had! Wanna try something different for dessert? All for a sandwich! Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Here are some tips you might want to follow: First, resist the urge of “more is more.”  My first sandwich was so filled with peanut butter that it oozed out of the sandwich and into the pan after melting. 13 Aug 2011, Quick, easy and tasty. Spread butter on both sides of the toasted bread then spread peanut butter on one side of toast. Cook the bacon in a medium sized frying or saute pan. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. After following link after link from the Graceland site it’s self, I stumbled onto a description of the way Elvis’ mother, Gladys, made the sandwich. So darn good. Make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with […], […] loves his peanut butter and banana sandwiches so, if you spot him outside of Vegas, you can bet he came for the my Peanut Butter and Bananas […], […] with Blackberry Jam : Inspired by a sandwich from Hopleaf in Chicago; jam is adapted from Sandy Hoopes Serves: 1   Blackberry […], […] Sing Happy Birthday to the King of Rock and Roll with one of these amazing Peanut Butter and Banana Recipes. Mom. Drain on paper towels. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. […] Source is https://www.everydaysouthwest.com/main-dishes/elvis-fried-banana-bacon-sandwich-recipe/ […], […] we add everything all at once. Heat some butter in a frypan and fry the sandwich on both sides until brown, adding more butter as needed. I’m so glad you spent the time to hunt down the authentic recipe and then share it here on your blog. Great job! Watch and assist children during the cooking process. His take included two pieces of bread, spread thick with creamy peanut butter, topped with sliced or mashed banana, crowned with thick strips of bacon, and fried in a skillet. This article has been viewed 12,151 times. I honour the King but I can't be him. Place 1 slice of bread on top of the other forming a sandwich. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Elvis Presley's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Peanut Butter, Chia and Banana Sandwiches. Arrange the cut or mashed banana on the other side. Close sandwich, gently pressing bread slices together. Celebrate the King’s birthday today by making his amazing Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwich withBacon Recipe. . Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Layer bacon, bananas and 1 tablespoon of blackberry jam on top of the peanut butter. It’s this sandwich that’s since become known as The Elvis, and variations of the King’s signature snack appear on … Alexys, Trust me, try this sandwich. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Ghosts on Halloween Carrot Cake Cupcakes—Fast and Easy! Elvis Peanut Butter Banana Foster Pancakes Recipe, Cashew Butter and Cheese Sandwich with Blackberry Jam, Elvis Peanut Butter and Bananas Foster Pancake Bites Recipe, 50 Peanut Butter and Banana Recipes Everyday Southwest – Recipes for Today's Families. Sandys know a great sandwich when they see one! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Elvis presley's fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Oh my gosh, were these fried banana sandwiches delicious! It w\is fit for a king. I couldn’t believe how much I liked this sandwich. The description mentioned the bacon, the peanut butter, the bread and then, as an after thought, “she fried the bananas in the bacon fat.”   Cue angels singing and lightbulb moments. Please try again. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on the other side of 4 of the slices. Arcade Restaurant: Try the "Elvis" (Deep-fried peanut butter and banana sandwich like The King ate! Spread the mashed banana on the other side and sandwich the two pieces of bread together. As I cooked the bananas, I kept thinking about the word that always accompanies this sandwich… “fried.”  Just cooking them in the pan didn’t seem to fit the word “fried.”  The second batch I dusted in flour just like you do for southern fried chicken. Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons Peanutbutter 2 slices Thick Toast bread 1 Ripe Banana Directions: Spread peanut butter on each piece of bread. National Peanut Board » Rethink Bacon at Breakfast and Beyond for International Bacon Day! A single sentence that gave me the feeling that this was something special. ;).  -  Thank ya kindly for sharing this muy delicioso recipe! Fry the sandwhich with more butter and cook until brown and crispy. Only complaint I have is Elvis din't call it banana, he called it a "nanna" or a "nanner." and best hair… well, maybe Morrison has good hair…. Thanks for sharing!! Let’s just say they don’t call him The King for nothing. Dust the bananas with flour and fry in the bacon fat remaining in the saute pan until golden brown. While researching and writing, I came across your post above. Take out of skillet, slice on a diagonal and serve on a plate. While the bread is toasting, in a small bowl, using a fork mash the ripe banana until it reaches a smooth consistency. To be truthful, I never saw a mention of blackberries. Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter. The grilled peanut-butter and banana sandwich is a classic lunch idea for all generations. I have to try this! This recipe, for want of a better word, comes from a rhinestone gem of a cookbook, Are You Hungry Tonight?, a collection of his favourite foodstuffs bought on a visit to Graceland many years back, prized ever since and a delight from cover to cover. You can use a blackberry jam that is more tart than sweet to save time, if you’d like. If your making this, you've thrown the calorie count out the window anyway! But, I checked on the internet to make sure blackberries grow in Mississippi. Slice the bananas crosswise into 2 to 3 inch segments and then lengthwise into slices a little thicker than ¼ inch. Of course. Elvis Peanut Butter w/ Fried Bananas + Bacon « foodnotfound, https://www.everydaysouthwest.com/main-dishes/elvis-fried-banana-bacon-sandwich-recipe/. www.thecrepesofwrath.com/2015/04/01/fried-peanut-butter-sandwiches Remove to a plate, cut the sandwich carefully in half on the diagonal and eat. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. We love hearing from you! Spread the peanut butter on the bread. Ugh, I don’t love peanut butter in any form (OMG, did I just say that out loud?! Second, frying the bananas in the leftover bacon fat has the unexpected effect of “mellowing” out the banana flavor. i tried it.. its so tasty.. 10q for d recipe, I like to add crispy smoked streaky bacon to mine. Hi Dee! Indulgent but oh so comforting. Spread peanut butter on one side of toast. Third, dust the bananas with flour before frying. 8 slices good quality white bread. Might even throw caution to the wind and add a dash of sriracha! Tastes great, but not something you should eat often. Keep in touch by following us on Twitter or  “Like” us on Facebook. Or, use a tart blackberry jam. % of people told us that this article helped them. A clue. Deselect All. Slice the bananas into 1/4-inch thick slices. It dont' get much better. I wanted to have plenty of time to perfect “the Elvis” before sharing it with you. It’s no pressure, no fuss, just my husband and The King spinning records and eating Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwiches.