Gather edges of cheesecloth together, and squeeze over a glass measuring cup to yield 1/3 cup fresh pear juice. Add tequila, orange liqueur, 1 cup lime juice and pear juice to the pitcher; stir. Fill the glasses with ice, then add the margarita. Can’t wait to try it. You can use any Tequila however 100% agave tequila gives most taste. Prickly pears depending on the level of ripeness can range from slightly sweet to syrupy sweet. A little lime juicing and shaker action is all it requires. Happy hour can then happen in minutes. https://tikkido.com/blog/fresh-prickly-pear-margarita-recipe Then add 2-3 tablespoon water through the same strainer to make prickly pear juice. I can’t wait to give this a try. Cinnamon simple syrup combines with fresh pear juice (or pear nectar), tequila reposado and a splash of lemon juice (lemon juice perks up the pear juice) to create the ultimate cinnamon pear margarita. OMG sounds gorgeous! I remember the first time I ever heard of prickly pear and tried it. Your email address will not be published. I garnished with halves of prickly pear and lime wheel; they are only for decorations do not try to put it in drink as it tends to have seeds. Links on this page may be affiliate links. Spread sugar and ground ginger on another plate. Spread sugar and ground ginger on another plate. Spread sugar and ground ginger on another plate. Gingerbread for Beginners. Just my opinion! Simple Syrup * 2 Dashes Orange Bitters * Garnish with Lime Wheel The flavor is like a combo of watermelon and a “natural” bubble gum. If you buy from grocery store or picking from your garden, looks for ripe ones, most of the fruit is ripe by mid-August. * 2 oz. A simple fresh pear syrup gives these a subtle fruity sweetness that keeps things fun and interesting, but not so much that the margarita purist will mind! And who could resist a freshly-squeezed margarita? if you tried this recipe please tag me @nidhinikhil Instagram or Zesty South Indian Kitchen in Facebook. Truth be told, margaritas are my favorite cocktail. I share recipes for ALL diet types because I believe that healthy food should be incredibly delicious without being complicated. Prickly Pear Puree * .5 oz. Put in the refrigerator for at least one hour, allowing the flavors to absorb. Add all the ingredients, shake well. My fave is a classic with lots of fresh lime juice and a salted rim, but I’ve made a lot of varieties over the years. For making Prickly pear puree, first make cut in fruit and carefully remove the skin with spines, then smash them with spoon in strainer so that you can collect all the puree. Prickly pears are so good! Keywords: fresh pear margaritas, pear margarita recipe, pear elderflower margarita, quick and easy pear cocktails, fresh pear syrup, Tag @molly_yestoyolks on Instagram and hashtag it #yestoyolks, Filed Under: Fruit, Libations, Recipes, Vegetarian Tagged With: alcohol, booze, cocktails, drinks, elderflower, libations, margarita, pear margarita, pear syrup, pears, St. Germain, tequila. Pour the puree into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Privacy Policy: We hate spam and will never share your email address with anyone, ever. Rachael Ray In Season is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. https://www.thespruceeats.com/pear-cocktail-recipes-4150513 I could see this in SO many things. Pour 2 tbsp. If you got prickly pear fruit, here are few recipes you can try with it. Casamigos Blanco Tequila * 1 oz. Delicious and colorful Prickly PearMargarita made with fresh prickly pear fruit puree and juice, lime juice,tequila, and Triple Sec with a splash of simple syrup. Perfect for relaxing on the patio on a hot summer evening. A great margarita starts with fresh citrus. The perfume of the citrus blossoms is absolutely magical when paired with the margarita. Cinnamon simple syrup combines with fresh pear juice (or pear nectar), tequila reposado and a splash of lemon juice (lemon juice perks up the pear juice) to create the ultimate cinnamon pear margarita. My love for egg yolks is just the tip of the iceberg! Yes, I am coming with another recipe using Prickly pear fruit. Dip the rim of the glass salt to coat it. Perfect summer drink! . A fresh pear and GIN concoction. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Fun idea, and so pretty, too! Every bartender has their own version of prickly pear margarita, some will use infused prickly pear tequila, some use puree, some use juice and some use prickly pear syrup. The color is unique and I would love a refreshing margarita like this any afternoon. So, try to choose ripe one. Always wear gloves when handling prickly pears because the tiny hair-like spines called glochids will irritate the skin. Pour into a chilled margarita glass and garnish with the fresh sliced pears. Otherwise you can add them in high speed blender along with ¼ cup water and process it 1-3 times, then strain the seeds and spines out. Such a refreshing and delicious drink for the summer. « Sweet Potato Mango Muffins #MuffinMonday, This site uses cookies to give you best experience on our site, Hearty Grains and Seeds Porridge Sourdough bread. Welcome to my little space devoted to all things FOOD! © 2020 Meredith Women's Network. Our lemon and orange tree haven't started blooming yet, but our calimansi tree has, so I was even able to use some fresh citrus blossoms as a garnish on the straw. Yes, I am coming with another recipe using Prickly pear fruit. So delicious and refreshing!! Read More…. In a large jar with a tight-fitting lid, vigorously shake sugar, chopped ginger and water until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Tip: I opted to add a small amount of cinnamon to the recipe because I love cinnamon and cinnamon goes really well with pear and honey. lime juice on a plate. Who even knows what day it is anymore? Rapido! I’m very particular about this. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe https://tikkido.com/blog/fresh-prickly-pear-margarita-recipe Three Easy DIY St. Patrick's Day Garland Tutorials, Food Network's