On the ninth anniversary of the founding of Uber, its co-founder Garrett Camp shared the company’s initial pitch deck via a personal Medium post. Innovation often comes from SME’s and startups. EVA. They also got to jam on their business strategy with Uber CEO, Travis Kalanick. At the beginning, Uber was originally called UberCab, and it has evolved from a simple idea into a major platform that has improved the car service industry. We are excited about future collaborations with their team, and look forward to connecting their extensive networks on the ground in European cities with our network of founders, VCs and startup supporters throughout the continent.”. See below for the list of all cities that will participate in UberPITCH and follow the city link to find out how UberPITCH will work where you are. UberPITCH – Bringing the elevator pitch to your front door. The development of the Memrica app is a great example of how technology can make a real social difference to not just those experiencing memory loss but also support their carers. Uber Copter is available for trips between Manhattan and JFK International Airport. With much of my work in the European Parliament is focused on addressing burning social concerns and marrying start up technical innovation with venture capital this is indeed something I wholeheartedly endorse.”, “After announcing the winners of UberPitch at our Startup Europe Summit, it is wonderful to see Uber take its first steps to support entrepreneurs in Europe. I look forward to seeing how Otly grows their business in the future.”, British MEP, Neena Gill, said: “As a former rapporteur of Ambient assisted living, who has addressed active ageing concerns over the last decade, I am acutely aware of the fact that dealing with the effects of memory loss and dementia affects an ever increasing number of individuals across the EU. We have convened leaders across industry and government—vehicle designers, manufacturers, investors, operators, infrastructure providers, policymakers, and regulators—to build this future of urban aviation and begin testing in cities as early as 2020. With the support of Atomico, EQT Ventures and other local investors, we are excited to see how all these ideas grow and prosper. I enjoyed the innovative format where startups could pitch their ideas during an Uber ride. Here is more information on the top four startups: Restaurants that struggle to have the right number of staff every day have a great solution with this on demand staffing marketplace. Just as skyscrapers allowed cities to use limited land more efficiently, Uber Air would take to the sky to alleviate congestion on the ground. It’s about the right cooperation between start-ups, SME’s and big companies, while governments ensure the right framework conditions”. With Uber Air, this future is closer than you think. The Uber pitch deck template has become an important reference when building a startup. I am impressed by the potential of the finalists, and delighted to see the Dutch startup Otly in the top 4. helps children understand the value of money and saving with an easy-to-access digital piggy bank. Book a seamless, multimodal journey—including an Uber trip to and from the heliports—with just a few taps in the Uber app. We are excited about future collaborations with their team, and look forward to connecting their extensive networks on the ground in European cities with our network of founders, VCs and startup supporters throughout the continent.”. Visual. This Polish startup uses this sustainable, nearly unlimited resource to create organic substances for a variety of industries, including the animal feed and food, agriculture and farming and pharma and beauty industries. Imagine soaring above congested ground traffic. Uber is developing shared air transportation—planned for 2023—between suburbs and cities, and ultimately within cities. The whitepaper brought together the efforts of many to help catalyze what is now a vibrant industry and ecosystem of engineers, investors, policymakers, and scientists who are actively building this future. Push a Button, Plan Your Ride: Introducing Uber Reserve. I look forward to seeing how Otly grows their business in the future.”, As a former rapporteur of Ambient assisted living, who has addressed active ageing concerns over the last decade, I am acutely aware of the fact that dealing with the effects of memory loss and dementia affects an ever increasing number of individuals across the EU. And by connecting entrepreneurs from across Europe with local investors through our app, we’ve helped take the elevator pitch to the next level. You may use more than 140 characters to communicate your ideas during a 30-second elevator ride; however, don’t share more than three tweets’ worth of information in “first contact” situations. This UK startup provides a backup memory for those with difficulty recalling essential information and context about people, places and events, so they can retain their own confidence and independence. ... 2014 Elevator Pitch Winner, University of Dayton Business Plan Competition - Duration: 1:01. Come build the future with the Elevate team. This slide from the Uber pitch deck talks about their various marketing ideas that will land them users. I want to call on European companies to follow suit. It’s often friends & families that have to support the sufferer through lost records, until now. Dutch MEP, Lambert van Nistelrooij, said: “It’s great to see that Uber is taking on a pro-active approach in supporting the innovation ecosystem in The Netherlands by investing in Otly. Calling all entrepreneurs, self-starters and start-up warriors — your big break is arriving now! You can learn more in our. Extended. Experience the future of Uber, from the air. It’s often friends & families that have to support the sufferer through lost records, until now. Otly! This Dutch startup teaches and incentivises the next generation to spend money more wisely. And by connecting entrepreneurs from across Europe with local investors through our app, we’ve helped take the elevator pitch to the next level. I enjoyed the innovative format where startups could pitch their ideas during an Uber ride. This French startup launched in January 2016 and is already used by over 300 restaurants and a thousand waiters. They also got to jam on their business strategy with Uber CEO, Travis Kalanick. Scaling up and rolling products and services out on a bigger scale, however, is something where bigger companies can help. I am impressed by the potential of the finalists, and delighted to see the Dutch startup Otly in the top 4. Calling all entrepreneurs, self-starters and start-up warriors — your big break is arriving now! For the ninth anniversary of the founding of Uber, it's co-founder Garret Camp shared the first pitch deck they created in late 2008. But the story doesn’t end here. The top four joined us in Berlin to spend more time with venture capital firms and attend a series of major entrepreneur conferences and incubator mashups. The development of the Memrica app is a great example of how technology can make a real social difference to not just those experiencing memory loss but also support their carers. Assistant (Hungary), Uber Medics – Subsidised rides for NHS and care home staff. But the huge interest in what has been one of the largest talent searches across the continent has been humbling. Think of your elevator pitch (or elevator speech) as a Twitter version of your business plan/proposal. With Uber Air, this future is closer than you think. For a limited period only, Uber will be offering entrepreneurs across 37 cities and 21 countries the chance of a lifetime by connecting you to some of the region’s top investors — all at the touch of a button. We have completely reimagined both the Uber Eats app and ubereats.com, to help you find exactly what you’re looking for—faster. We’re working with our Elevate Network partners to launch fleets of small, electric VTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) aircraft in Dallas, Los Angeles, and Melbourne, our first international market. My congratulations to the developers of this app on their foresight and innovation. In October 2016, the Uber Elevate founding team published a comprehensive, first-principles analysis that breaks down the critical barriers to launching a scaled, aerial ridesharing product on Uber’s platform.