It was a brand new Orion…"Read More... "I am a wheelchair user and have just returned with my husband from a cruise which started in Istanbul and ended in Venice. We’ve stayed there for a week and it was amazing, so relaxing, clean, the swimming pool was crystal clean. I don't think you would be seasick on one of those and they go to interesting and picturesque places. If you go with the European river cruise idea then I will tell you that there will not be any 'ocean motion' and I have experienced a program called 'gentle walker' for those who need to go at a slower pace. You could contact them and ask if the trip would be suitable for you mother. Travel Ins. There was always a view forward from the lounge or front deck. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-75709176', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');cruises, they were cheaper. Learn more about our accessible trip planning services at the links below: Many disabled tourists spend hours and hours before their trip trying to find out if the tourist attractions they want to visit are accessible to wheelchair users. That would probably work fine as long as accommodations & sights to see are carefully chosen (I've been there enough I could probably choose!). ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-31566700', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car & driver. I wish I had some suggestions for you. When you travel with Sage Traveling, you receive a one-of-a-kind Sage Accessibility Guide. Using Disabled Parking Badges, Permits and Placards around the world, Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) rights on US airlines for disabled travellers, Browse all 1,548 Traveling With Disabilities topics », Q: Wheelchair assistance at DFW, maybe other airports, disability travel company recommendations. London is a very modern city with a large amount of wheelchair accessible sites. We really enjoy the Rhine River. Receive a €50 Accessible Travel Coupon for signing up! Our travel agent told me to go ... and advised us that there are plenty of young fit men who could assist carrying me in wheelchair across other moored boats, or get me off the boat to participate in walks or bus tours. Did you take your Mom on the River cruise? I did it many years ago when it was a lot less expensive - a magical journey! Strasbourg was spectacular and easy to manipulate around. - Senior Travel Forum. In Damascus restaurants and eateries are plentiful and serve a large range of Middle Eastern food and wine at its best. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I spend several months a year on a diving liveaboard where I take my own groups. 185 sq. European river cruises w/best views elderly limited mobility, Re: European river cruises w/best views elderly limited mobility. Ideas for limited mobility holiday. Couldn't she handle activity level two with Roadscholars... One of the best places in Cyprus for agro tourism is Maroullas House in Lymbia agrotourism.com.cy/Destination_Manager/…. We did Luftner (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I hope to mark one more thing off my bucket list in 2018 with a Christmas Market river cruise. You may wish to post your question on TripAdvisor’s sister site, (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Then last Sep. we went to Scotland on a small group tour (10) staying in very nice Inns and B&B's. We had several people with disabilities on our river cruise (APT for Australians, AMA waterways for Americans). Anyone get a refund from Vantage Travel for cancelled trip? She would enjoy relaxing and seeng the scenery and maybe short tours off the boat -- or some guided bus trips. He was right, they are only too willing to help. I too am struggling with the same thing. Our Europe accessible travel agents provide you with accessible hotel accommodations, accessible transportation within and between cities, detailed accessibility information on tourist attractions, and custom accessible itineraries to move you efficiently between tourist sights. The wonderful parents of other boys that had instantly became the best of friends for a week of fun asked him to join them on excursions such as Marksburg Castle. ... European holiday with limited mobility … It was expensive but truly the best vacation ever and my Grandson was so happy no regrets at all. The cabin easily accessible. A sea (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I am interested in European river cruises for people with limited mobility. There are lots of destinations to choose from. more, Reply to: European river cruises w/best views elderly limited mobility, Traveling With Disabilities Destination Experts. Disabled visitors to Europe … Opposite to the house is a local supermarket where you can find anything you ask for in dissent prices. When you travel with Sage Traveling, you will receive detailed accessibility information including the location of the accessible entrance, the parts of the attraction that are not accessible, and restroom accessibility. Often this information is very basic and does not answer all the questions a disabled traveler may have. http://www.syriagate.com/gallery/index.htm. Our next trip will definitely be through you..."Read More... "The Paris Accessibility Guide is the most valuable travel document I have ever encountered…"Read More... "We had a splendid time in Europe, thanks to all your planning. We were able to see quite a lot without requiring her to walk/climb very much at all. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-31589440', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car from Damascus is only a 2 hour drive to Amman or Beirut. But Europe has made some impressive advances toward opening its doors to everyone, including travelers with limited mobility. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-70241453', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');cruise route (and/or line) that will provide her with the best views from our deck so that I can get off for the walking excursions, while she stays on board and enjoys the views. I organized a trip in NZ where we traveled by train, coach and (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Some museum, palace, castle, and church websites will contain accessibility information. The European river cruise is a leisurely way to see the back waterways of Europe… (I was lucky hubby helped me off and on buses). You might find someone in your particular situation. If this is interesting then send me a private message for more info since I am not usually on this board and may not see your reply. I'm inspired by the fact that, wherever I go in Europe, I see locals with disabilities. I've thought about arranging a Greece trip with a (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This is a not-for-profit Italian organization that also arranges group tours for those who use wheelchairs. Most disabled tourists prefer a guided tour for their trip to Europe. Here are seven great destinations where handicapped seniors will be welcome and comfortable. Accessible Italy. Damascus, the capital city of Syria, offers both the solo traveler, groups and families, a taste of all the delights of the mysterious Middle East. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-31556576', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');rental car. Are there any River Cruises available for me and my husband please? Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. You can view our most popular destinations here: Our Europe disabled travel agents create custom accessible holidays for European tourists. We remarked again and again how difficult it would have been without your planning! After that we did Rome Italy in a wheelchair, hubby walked me everywhere. I am hoping to do the same this summer. Europe Tours. Hoping someone can offer ideas. Our City Accessibility Guides authored by John Sage are what one client called “the most valuable travel documents I have ever encountered.”. The ships had an elevator for reaching the accommodation decks and restaurant, but because of height restrictions this could not go to the upper deck. All rights reserved. Due to post-polio syndrome with leg/hip weakness, I judge everything by steps only with handrails and steep inclines are a no-no. This is one of those situations where size does matter. She gets seasick. They were graded by activity level but most involved some walking. 1. www.globetrekkerstore.com/dvdsyria.html (but... shipping only to N. America) - International Store (www.GlobeTrekkerStore.co.uk), stock not yet confirmed. The most popular leisure activities appear to be to hang out at venues like the many taverns, bars, cafes, and wine house, or just to enjoy a falafel roll or a shawarma, a visit to a Hammam (Turkish bath) enjoy a Dervish show. Disabled visitors to Europe will encounter challenges during their travels, but nearly all can be avoided or overcome if you obtain … The nation’s capital is ideal for visiting with the entire family. My mother is in good health, but can walk only very slowly, balance is not great and she can only climb a few stairs. We seek to accomplish this mission in 3 ways: We provide everything that a disabled or senior traveler might need during their trip: accessible hotel accommodation, accessible transportation, accessible tours, wheelchair & mobility scooter rentals, accessible train tickets, accessible restaurants, accessible shopping, accessible daily itineraries, travel insurance, and more.