There has been no update yet. 6 Ethical Tea Companies Perfect For Your Morning Cup 1. The conditions are worst in Assam. It is worth getting on board with Traidcraft’s ‘Who Picked my Tea?’ campaign. It’s great how all their teas are made using organic ingredients, so you can trust what you’re drinking is of the highest quality. And Chun Mee is "sweet and smooth, with surprisingly rich character" while "subtle hints of chestnut round out the flavor profile."

Equal Exchange. Relying on purchases alone. Yet tea is generally exported as dust or leaves and all of these high-profit downstream activities occur in importing countries. The amount consumed is equivalent to all of the others – including coffee, soft drinks, and alcohol – combined. Children are known to work on tea farms. We are a global distributor of Certified Elephant Friendly™ Teas and are launching a line of organic, fair trade teas in compostable packaging. Tea varities include unique floral blends as well as black, green, and chai teas. The best part is this tea company does so much to help the environment: Pukka is 100 percent carbon-neutral, sends zero waste to landfills, and is a certified B corporation. Tea is the second most consumed drink in the world. But there are companies that hold themselves to a higher standard, ensuring that workers at every step of the tea-making process are paid a living wage, and that the tea is grown in ways that do no lasting harm to the environment. The Ethical Tee Company has brought together the leading Fairtrade, Fairwear, & organic apparel suppliers under one roof to offer you the widest range of ethical products. Offering only the finest quality premium teas. That’s why it’s time to start thinking about more eco-friendly tea options! My folks buy it all the time and it’s really easy to grab at the … What makes them unique is their policy of importing all of their teas from China, Japan, Vietnam, and other locations in Asia, and relying on ancient Asian flavor combinations, such as emerald lily green tea, rather than trying to reinvent tea in a modern way. Holly. The caddies keep the tea leaves fresh and protect them from sunlight. Isn’t that what dreams are made of? Coffee Lovers, Do You Know the Difference Between Direct Trade and Fair Trade?  Ethical Teas (PVT) Ltd. Fair Trade blends come in flavors including cranberry blood orange, wild blueberry, apricot honey, and cherry apple -- some of which are also part of the Little Citizens line, which carries caffeine-free fruity flavors aimed at kids and donates $1 from each purchase to Room to Read. The box it comes in is cardboard and compostable too. For one thing, two-thirds of Kenyan tea is produced by smallholders. It is useful for workers to know who their tea is getting sold to.

The company also is a member of the Ethical Tea Partnership. This means that Honest Tea's products are made without unnecessary pesticides or synthetic chemicals, and workers are paid a living wage at every step of the production process. I drink Republic of Tea.Their unbleached tea bags have no strings, tags or staples.They use excess tea paper for packaging material. A post shared by Arbor Teas (@arborteas) on Jun 15, 2017 at 1:36pm PDT. Just ceasing to buy tea from Assam would do more harm than good – the workers depend on the tea estates. You can also find it locally at most stores in my area. Are you a lover of the outdoors?

They also sell Dragonfly, Higher Living and Clipper teas on their website.
Thus, workers have to use their paltry wages to pay for these things too. When your tea gets shipped out to you, Arbor Teas makes sure to avoid shipping by plane to lower carbon emissions. (The Republic of Tea, from $10.50), Numi's organic, Fair Trade blends are packed with light florals and delicate flavors -- white tea with Osmanthus flowers, white tea with rose petals, ginger lemon green tea, and black tea with vanilla take advantage of the natural antioxidants in flowers and plants to give your cup an added health boost. Plus, the actual tea bag itself is fully compostable! See detailed company information, ethical ratings and issues for all companies mentioned in this guide, by clicking on a brand name in the Score table. We appreciate you reaching out and are happy to answer your question. Many of the issues from our homes & garden are often hidden from the consumer, from toxic chemicals in our cleaning products to pesticides in our garden. Buying Fairtrade may have some value as, if there was more premium kicking around, it is possible that at least some of it would be used in ways that would benefit workers. The big problem is that these ‘in kind’ benefits are generally not actually happening. Her work has been featured on MindBodyGreen, Green Matters, The Penny Hoarder and several other publications. Buy it: Awaken white tea, £14.95, nobleleaf.co.uk, Reader's verdict: "Refreshing and light. I can feel good about a lot of things while sipping their tea, that’s for sure! How much the working conditions are due to the Indian tea industry struggling financially is hard to tell. The teas come in a cardboard box which is printed using vegetable-based inks. The booming beauty market is far from pretty. I also really love the fact this brand is certified organic, fair trade certified, Non-GMO project verified and packed in the U.S.A. Not to mention they match 100 percent of their facility’s electricity use with Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) purchased from 3Degrees. And while we aren't totally on board with the waste that goes along with single-use coffee makers, Bigelow does offer the Fair Trade ceylon in K-cups for Keurig machines -- so you can stock your office with them and encourage your coworkers to switch to Fair Trade. Offering your complete packing solutions from bulk to Private Labeling. I really love how their tea bags are plastic-free and tied together with organic cotton, making them 100 percent compostable. Blythe Copeland. Also, Arbor Teas makes sure to offset any carbon emissions they create during transport with Carbon Fund. The company is a certified B Corp and member of the 1% For The Planet scheme.

Each year, the solar panels produce about 200,000 kWh, which is equivalent to the energy needed to power a home for 16 years! Personally, I really love their classic green tea and chamomile blends. The unfortunate truth is that some tea companies use unethical farming and labor practices, which can harm people and the environment.

The sugar cane fibers are actually collected from sugarcane waste, which further helps divert waste from landfills. It might surprise you to learn most tea bags are made from plastic. I love arbor teas for the great taste. They do have some certified organic teas, but those are harder to find on grocery store shelves.