There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from United Kingdom. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviews. Like most (or all?) To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. The text requires only precalculus, and where calculus is needed, a quick summary of the basic facts is provided. The essential introduction to discrete mathematics Features thirty-one short chapters, each suitable for a single class lesson Includes more than 300 exercises Almost every formula and theorem proved in full Breadth of content makes the book adaptable to a variety of courses Each chapter includes a concise summary Solutions manual available to instructors. This one is no exception, densely packed with information on a swift tour of its subject matter. Access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items. An ideal math refresher for those who forgot the math they learned. Its real value may be from 4 - 5 starts for someone COMPLETELY NEW TO THE COMPUTER WORLD, so my review is not applicable to all. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Schaum's Outline of Essential Computer Mathematics. It is fully illustrated in color, and every chapter includes a concise summary as well as a set of exercises. Essential Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science, (PDF) aims to teach mathematical reasoning as well as skills and concepts by stressing the art of proof. I would recommend buying it for a newbie to computer science but for someone with advanced knowledge it is a waste of time. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Please try again. Essential Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Learn more about the program. of the (many) books in the "Schaum's Outlines" series that I own, "Essential Computer Mathematics" is an excellent value. It still seems like a pretty good book. Introductory Discrete Mathematics (Dover Books on Computer Science), Foundation Mathematics for Computer Science: A Visual Approach, Discrete Mathematics: An Open Introduction, Computer Science in K-12: An A-To-Z Handbook on Teaching Programming, Algorithms Illuminated (Part 3): Greedy Algorithms and Dynamic Programming, Algorithms Illuminated (Part 2): Graph Algorithms and Data Structures: Volume 2, Algorithms Illuminated: Part 1: The Basics. Easy to follow, informative, used in conjunction with my Digital Logic class. Take an exhilarating journey through the modern revolution in statistics with two of the ringleaders. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.