Update the Graphic Driver Automatically. I haven't had this issue, but I'd definitely try reinstalling the launcher. These type of issues are usually solved by a simple reboot. Changing the properties of the launcher and adding “-OpenGL” at the end of the launcher location has helped resolve the issue for many users. When not logged in to the launcher, it displays the Epic logo in the upper left corner and the settings button in the lower left corner. Epic Games Launcher will initialize and verify the game files for Fortnite. The path, if the launcher is installed in the default location, should look something like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe”-OpenGL; Check if this resolves your epic games launcher not opening issue. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Uninstalled the application, redownloaded it, and reinstalled it. Before embarking on the following solutions, try to eliminate the usual suspects by updating your video-card drivers, sound-card drivers, and the redistributables. Lots of users are complaining about not being able to open the Epic Games Launcher. Solution 3. Now restart the launcher and everything should work just fine. bruh... am having the exact same issue. I've tried to reinstall it 3 times still dosent work SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I JUST WANNA PLAY WORLD WAR Z! 1) First, right-click on Epic Games launcher. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The latest patch brought a lot of changes and new additions to the game. Right-click the shortcut for Epic Games Launcher, which is probably on your desktop. When not logged in to the launcher, it displays the Epic logo in the upper left corner and the settings button in the lower left corner. After I updated the Epic Games Launcher last night, the interface has gone almost entirely black. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm on Windows 8.1, but I imagine this works the same in Windows 10. I was hoping someone here might have a solution that works. Updated my Nvidia graphics card driver to the latest version. Method 1: Disable Antivirus. 2) Click on Properties and click on the Compatibility tab. The problem is, as the name suggests, that your launcher won’t open. In this condition, the interface is invisible, but I was able to mouse over areas and managed to figure out where the username and password fields were by watching the mouse cursor change. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Before performing the steps given in methods listed below, try to open the launcher and wait for a while especially if there is a new Fortnite update coming in. Currently, Fortnite Season 9 is underway, and on June 12, Epic Games released v9.21 patch for the game. You can download Restoro by clicking the Download button below. ... Make sure the … If you have an antivirus application installed on your system then start … Verifying the game files and limiting the frame rate always solves the problem. Hi, thanks for posting on r/pcgamingtechsupport. Delete the Web Cache Folder. I haven't had this issue, but I'd definitely try reinstalling the launcher. Since this launcher is your gateway to playing games like Fortnite, this can be really problematic. Sometimes it fixes the textures not loading properly, sometimes not. Good luck, Please read our rules before posting, Press J to jump to the feed. They are distributed monthly and used to weight your vote on polls. Found this page when looking for help. Type. Cookies help us deliver our Services. A subreddit for anything Epic Games Store related. Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher’s icon Select Properties Select the Shortcut tab Go to the Target field and add Right-click them when you find them, and select End Task from the right-click menu (shortcut: click the process to select it and press ALT+E to end it). Go to your Epic Games Launcher Library, click the … button for Fortnite and click Verify. Sometimes it fixes the textures not loading properly, sometimes not. Follow the steps given below to disable the antivirus application. No need to– edit config files and registry,– clear temporary files,– add command line arguments in epic games launcher,– install anything that speed up your computer, or– set the Power Plan to High or Ultimate, The best way to avoid this problem is to upgrade your processor. It also looks like it could be internet related though, like a webpage that hasn't loaded kinda. If that doesn’t fixed the problem, do the next steps. If that doesn’t fixed the problem, do the next steps. Now with the new game patch, the black screen issue of Epic Games launcher is troubling some players. Lots of users are complaining about not being able to open the Epic Games Launcher. Both of these options will work. In order to change the compatibility mode for Epic Games Launcher, follow the steps listed below: Note: This fix is only for Windows PCs. 3) Click on the Compatibility mode box. Right click Epic games launcher Troubleshoot comaptibility Let it detect issues Click troubleshoot program It will show you for options. So, try to restart your system and see if that works. You can set the Frame Rate limit to 60 after the textures have been loaded properly. Steps I've performed in an attempt to remediate: Ended the task in task manager and restarted it. After I logged in, the launcher remained black but I received a pop-up about the game Slime Rancher being free this week, but could see nothing else. You can also check this post for more infos. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Some users had to wait at least 30 minutes before their launcher automatically signed in. If these don’t work, however, follow the solutions below: The developer supported, community run subreddit dedicated to the Fortnite: Battle Royale game mode by Epic Games. Click the second one (program opens but doesn't display correctly) Next.