Mac. PC, Oddly, the game itself isn’t anything like the Crysis of this generation — its graphics aren’t particularly advanced. April 2013 But it doesn’t hurt to have it on! Updated on Enjoy a cleaner machine with more room for what you really need. And now there are even more players across the globe who are stranded and struggling to survive. On Epic, click the little Settings cog under ARK to open the settings. In our tests, this improved frame rate by about 25%, but it also made the game look significantly worse. I've tried just glh2.exe -width 1680x1050 -bpp 32 in the command line with no success I've tried putting C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\hexen 2\glh2.exe -width 1680x1050 … Overclocking creates excess heat, which can introduce additional performance slowdowns. Ark is a highly unoptimized game, as even high-end hardware often isn’t able to achieve a smooth 60  FPS or even a stable 30 FPS. All rights reserved. Anti-Aliasing: This smoothes over jagged edges in the game. On 4K Epic settings, Ark brings even the most powerful PCs to their knees. PC, Get it for Get it for Scroll down and expand Fortnite. Use this only if you have no choice, and use it in conjunction with the d3d10 switch below. Ark’s poor performance stems from problems in its code, as it’s not optimized enough to run smoother. Scroll all the way down until you see Advanced Command Line Arguments. … How to Play Game without running Epic Stoe Client/Launcher. How to Spot & Get Rid of Unnecessary Apps on Your PC, How to Speed Up and Clean Up Your Slow Windows PC, Free Antivirus For 1440p and high frame rates, you’ll need at least a 2070 or 2080 Super at the best possible settings. Once you are in the game, you can adjust the settings via the in-game menu (press escape to open). Step up the resolutions and things become very difficult: 4K with at least 60 FPS is currently only possible with two Titan RTX or 2080 Ti cards running in tandem. The size of Ark’s development and QA teams is unknown at this point, but the game hasn’t been supported to the degree of an AAA title like The Witcher 3 or Resident Evil 3. –r:1024x768 would set it to 1024x768]. So if your screen is running at a native 1080p or 1440p, then that’s what you should use. August 2013. If you’re running the game on 1080p or lower, definitely use High or Epic settings here if your GPU can handle it. Looking at the visual difference in the shots above, Epic surely does give you more detailed water, grass details, and shadows. Microsoft confirms that its latest Widows 10 update KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) causes certain computers to experience graphics and mouse performance problems when running certain games. property of their respective owners. Discover how to optimize graphics settings and launch options to boost FPS in Ark: Survival Evolved. How to Overclock Your GPU for More Gaming and Multimedia Performance. All third party trademarks are the Get it for On Epic, click the little Settings cog under ARK to open the settings. - last edited PC , This command also weakens the lighting effect of torches in the game. Available command line parameters are: -w [Start in windowed mode]-r:XXXXxYYY [Set resolution to XXXXxYYY, e.g. lowmemory: Lowers a few settings to make the game run on PCs with “only” 4 GB of RAM. We tried playing the game on a very similarly specced gaming PC from around 2012, and barely managed 30 FPS on sub-HD resolutions. Five years on, Ark: Survival Evolved remains one of the most-played titles on Steam. There's a fairly lengthy command-line argument needed as well. What's worse is the argument uses your Epic Login password, and User ID, so I need to explain the process to getting your unique command line, as a cut and paste won't work. Available command line parameters are: Click the OK or Apply button to save your changes. Protect your iPhone against threats with AVG Mobile Security. First of all, we encourage you to walk through our ultimate guide to speeding up your gaming PC. high: Forces high CPU priority, which might give you a few extra FPS. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Check the box for Additional Command Line Arguments. Android, Get it for My PC can run any modern game, including the remake of Resident Evil 3, Doom Eternal, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Dark Souls 3 at 4K with maximum details at 60 FPS, and these games arguably look a whole lot better. But when you’re in the thick of it, there is not much difference between Epic and High. To keep things running smoothly, enable V-Sync as it will synchronize the game’s FPS to your monitor’s maximum refresh rate. Let’s look at the most important settings: Window mode: Choose Fullscreen here, otherwise your GPU will need to render both Windows and your game. Click on the "Target:" field, and scroll to the end. You can squeeze more performance or fidelity out of Ark by using some command options. PC , Lowers a few settings to make the game run on PCs with “only” 4 GB of RAM. Scanning & Malware Removal, Business Antivirus Enter d3d11, and then relaunch Fortnite. Here’s a list of the best ones you can and should use: Sm4: Forces a simpler shader model which lowers the graphical fidelity. You really want at least a sixth-gen processor and a 980 Ti or 1080 Ti to play it at Full HD at more than 60 FPS. RocketLauncher allows easily changing Rocket League's resolution (including for dual-monitor split screen). Try AVG TuneUp for free to speed up your PC, clear up tons of storage space, and optimize performance. For those of you experiencing issues when trying to start the game, you may try forcing the game to run in windowed mode or at a lower resolution. The Ultimate GTA 5 Guide to Boosting Your Graphics & FPS, Overclocking Your CPU: A Step-by-step Guide AVG TuneUp ensures that all your computer’s resources are dedicated to delivering the ultimate gaming session. Check out our articles on overclocking CPUs and overclocking GPUs for more! Should You Shut Down, Sleep or Hibernate Your PC or Mac Laptop? Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do about it other than fine-tune the settings, which is what we’re here for! Mac. Whenever you’re overclocking, keep an eye on your CPU temperature. Android, Many users struggle with Ark’s performance stutters, low FPS (frames per second), and graphical glitches. Mac, Get it for Medium delivers a stunningly fast 100fps while Low gives 160 FPS. Mythbusters: VPN for Gaming – Do You Really Need One? Add them to the game using the various game launchers and platforms: On Steam, go to your library, right-click on ARK: Survival Evolved, select Properties and click on Set Launch Options. Epic Games Fortnite in-game settings. Obviously, the list of settings can be fully customized to your liking. Click Settings. On 1440p or 4K resolutions, the pixel density is super high — so unless you’re sitting right in front of the screen, there’s no need to use the highly taxing Epic setting. Download, Virus I was able to get my frame rate up from an average of 54 FPS to over 60 FPS by giving the GPU +150 MHz and the memory +500 MHz. Ensure 3D Resolution is at 100%. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. These presets give you an easy way to adjust graphical quality. Your game may look a bit fuzzier, but it won’t require your display to run at a resolution it doesn’t support. –r:1024x768 would set it to 1024x768] The full target field would look like this (depending on your installation folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCity\SimCity.exe" -w -r:1024x768 Software. The minimum requirements sound relatively fair: Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better, Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better. In either case, your GPU will always be the bottleneck. I tried this workaround with Epic Subnautica and this works fine for me with only one switch. Overclocking Your CPU: A Step-by-step Guide, How to Overclock Your GPU for More Gaming and Multimedia Performance This has an impact of almost 20% on my gaming PC. property of their respective owners. Command Lines:-adapter Use the specified screen adapter number (zero-based).-anisotropicQualityLevel Set anisotropic filter quality level (between 0-16).-benchmark Starts the benchmark test from the command line.-benchmarkFrameTimes Optionally output the individual frame times from the benchmark.-benchmarkIterations Specifies the number of iterations to run the benchmark for. PC, Mac, The Ultimate GTA 5 Guide to Boosting Your Graphics & FPS We use cookies and similar technologies to recognize your repeat visits and preferences, to measure the effectiveness of campaigns, and improve our websites. First I detest all store clients, and consider Steam one of the worst, even epic allows me to stop auto updates, entirely, or per game, which Steam still doesn't, but my main desire is to play games without using any Store Client, and only GOG does that by design. So what gives? Ark is an interesting case as it is almost always GPU-bound: Even when you use low quality settings at low resolutions (720p), Ark consumes around 50% of the graphics processing power on a powerful NVIDIA GeForce Titan Xp, while the CPU hovers at around 10%.