Paul could see the terrible darkness in the world. 16:13; [ch. Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! 6 This mystery is[a] that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. Tap the title above, next to the arrow, to go to that lesson with a link back to this page. 8 To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in[b] God, who created all things, 10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. How that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I wrote before in a few words, by which when you read, you may understand my  knowledge in the mystery of Christ)." 4:16; 10:19, 35; [1 John 2:28; 3:21], John 14:23; Rom. 13 So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering (AG)for you, (AH)which is your glory. Ephesians 3:6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are fellow heirs, fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus. Paul first introduces the concept of “the mystery” in Ephesians 1:9. He is referring to his worthiness to be chosen. 2:22). He gives them all the great commission, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them... teaching them..." (Matthew 28:18-20). It was "kept secret" for ages, but on the day of Pentecost and as the New Testament was written, the apostles were revealing that message, the gospel. ESV Value Large Print Compact Bible (TruTone Imitation Leather, Black), ESV Scripture Journal, Old and New Testament Sets, 46 Volumes, ESV Large Print Personal Size Bible (TruTone, Turquoise, Emblem Design), ESV Single Column Journaling Bible, Large Print, Cloth over Board, Flowers. I received it by revelation of Jesus Christ", "revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets", "By revelation the mystery was made known to me... By reading my letters you will understand the mystery of Christ as I do", "were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise... Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God", "made both one, and broke down the barrier between", "heirs jointly with Israel; members together of a united body; and sharers together of God’s promise in Christ Jesus. Paul is amazed at God’s grace in choosing him, of all people, for this work. | The Hub "For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles." This is about the process that eventually produced this volume, this book we call "The New Testament." Our “confidence” is in Christ, not in ourselves. It's about believing in Jesus Christ. Imagine that Paul was applying for the job of an apostle of Christ, and Jesus was interviewing him. ( A) which was given to me for you, 3. The Mystery Revealed. 3 For this reason I, Paul, () a prisoner of Christ Jesus () on behalf of you Gentiles— 2 assuming that you have heard of () the stewardship of () God's grace that was given to me for you, 3 how the mystery was made known to me () by revelation, () as I have written briefly. Paul was always conscious that he was carrying out God’s Plan. —(1Timothy 1:12-20). It's my task to preach to the Gentile nations the boundless riches of Christ. So he calls himself “the prisoner of Christ”. Think outside that box! The wisdom of God for salvation is fully known! God did not give revelation to everyone, only to a few like Paul. 3:1, he describes himself in terms of his present condition, and his personal dedication to those of Gentile race. Amen. [Rom. Ephesians 3:1-13 – The Mystery Revealed: Jew and Gentile One in Christ Ephesians August 1, 2020 Leave a comment After having established that our salvation was predestined from before the world was created, Paul segued into one of the consequences being that Jew and Gentile are now one in Christ, the wall of hostility that existed prior is now broken down. Don't lean on your own understanding. By Warren E. Berkley From Expository Files 10.4; April 2003. Don't think your purpose in life is to be yourself. —Today many people are seeing life as a spiritual Path and a Quest —a walk to higher ground transcending this temporal realm. Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. He was totally dedicated to that end. 11 This was (AB)according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have (AC)boldness and (AD)access with (AE)confidence through our (AF)faith in him. 6 The Gentile nations are now heirs jointly with Israel; members together of a united body; and sharers together of God’s promise in Christ Jesus. Do listen to the wisdom of God revealed in the good message of Jesus Christ. 16:13; [ch. 6:20], ver. I have already written to you briefly about this. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. 3 For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— 2 assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. And of course God’s wisdom would be a mystery unless he made it known. He had been a chief activist in the persecution of the Christian Way. ¶“10God intended that now all the many sides of his wisdom should be made known. Soberly consider Eph. In fact, perhaps the best definition of this word mystery is Paul's statement in Romans 16:25-27. It is now an open secret that life is not about believing in yourself. Paul says, "By revelation the mystery was made known to me... By reading my letters you will understand the mystery of Christ as I do" (Ephesians 3:3-4). 11 This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him. Religion will always be confusing and discouraging as long as your perspective is focused on what people do, what the modern culture offers, what is convenient and what has been institutionalized by men. $3.99 a month puts a library of commentaries, study notes, and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Carefully, objectively reading the  Bible; observing the context; being diligent in your thought and application, can revolutionize your life and put you in position to live as an obedient child of God. God purposed to make his wisdom known. The mystery was "revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets" (Ephesians 3:5). 4:1; Acts 23:18; Phil. 3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the [ a]dispensation of the grace of God. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. "When you read, you may understand." He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already. 8 To me, (H)who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles (I)the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the [b]fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who (J)created all things [c]through Jesus Christ; 10 (K)to the intent that now (L)the [d]manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church (M)to the [e]principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 (N)according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access (O)with confidence through faith in Him.