‣ You have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.Topicalbible.org, 2 Timothy 3:10-12But you have fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, long-suffering, charity, patience,Topicalbible.org, James 1:4But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.Topicalbible.org, Hebrews 12:2Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.Topicalbible.org. Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons. 463 ("divine ") occurs twice ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/463.htm - 7k, 4327. prosdechomai -- to receive to oneself ... From pros and dechomai; to admit (to intercourse, hospitality, credence, or (figuratively) endurance); by implication, to await (with confidence or patience ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/4327.htm - 8k, 3648. holokleros -- complete, entire ... Christ" (). S N ‣ You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. You also, be patient. ‣ ‣ It is for discipline that you have to endure. More Comfortable Home. What endurance was this! According to Alamoth. Endurance, then, is an inherent part of authentic "believing" that is expected of every Christian. Thus, prayer becomes a vital part of the Christian pilgrimage ( Matt 26:41 ; Acts 12:5 ; 14:23 ; Rom 12:12 ; 2 Col 1:11 ; Php 4:6 ; 1 Thess 3:10 ; 1 Peter 4:7 ). Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. And endurance produces character, and character produces hope. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. of Have I not commanded you? These examples supplied the raw materials for Paul and others to formulate clear warnings to Christians about turning or retreating from the way of faithfulness and authenticity of life (e.g., 1 Cor 10:1-12 ; Heb 3:17-19 ). And I have discovered five essential steps to build endurance … ‣ But the one who endures to the end will be saved. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. Some, viewing baptism as a cure-all for every sin, postponed their baptism until the point of death. ... /.../aquinas/summa theologica/whether endurance is the chief.htm, That Temperateness and the Endurance of Temptations must be Given ... ... II. That battle is a lifelong one. Having the strength exhausted by toil or exertion; worn out in respect to strength, endurance, etc. ‣ You also, be patient. M Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. Endurance - Fleming, Don - Bridgeway Bible Dictionary God has made it plain that his people will at times meet suffering, hardship, persecution and other trials. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. God’s word provides us with all we need to thrive as we follow Jesus and to endure! For they could not endure the order that was given, “If even a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.” Indeed, so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I tremble with fear.” But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, ... To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. We ... /.../john/the adornment of the spritual marriage/chapter v of patient endurance.htm, Whether Endurance is the Chief Act of Fortitude? Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? | GotQuestions.org, Endurance: Dictionary and Thesaurus | Clyx.com. Contact me: openbibleinfo (at) gmail.com. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”.